Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds acquire Bronson Arroyo
CINCINNATI -- The Cincinnati Reds today acquired RHP Bronson Arroyo and cash from the Boston Red Sox in exchange for OF Wily Mo Pena.

Arroyo, 29, went 14-10 with a 4.51 ERA in 35 games (32 starts) for the Red Sox last season. He established career highs in wins (14), starts (32) and innings pitched (205.1) while producing a team-high 20 quality starts.

Arroyo has appeared in the postseason in each of the last three seasons, including as a member of the 2004 World Champion Boston Red Sox.

Originally selected by the Pirates in the third round of the June 1995 draft, Arroyo owns a career record of 33-33 with a 4.59 ERA in 126 games (90 starts) with Pittsburgh (2000-02) and Boston (2003-05).

Pena, 24, batted .248 with 51 HR and 134 RBI in 302 games with the Reds from 2002-05.
Good trade for both sides.
They got rid of Pena and Casey so who they filling the void with?? Ryan Freel
Great addition for the reds
i think that both teams got a good deal
Anyone who does not see that this is a great trade for the Reds, knows absolutely nothing about baseball.
he better be a ground ball pitcher or GAB will eat him alive!
will they move Dunn back to LF and have Hatte play 1B or keep Hatte as a reserve and let Freel play OF with Dunn at 1B
cardinalfan27 Wrote:will they move Dunn back to LF and have Hatte play 1B or keep Hatte as a reserve and let Freel play OF with Dunn at 1B

Dunn is going back to the OF. The Reds are much better on defense that way. Wily Mo is horrible in the field, and Dunn is not the best defensive first baseman. Hatte is a solid fielder and a decent bat, similar to Casey. But most importantly the Reds got a much needed workhorse pitcher. If Milton can turn it around this season, the Reds have a shot at the Playoffs.
They have to get that closing situation fixed....but I would love to see cincy back in the playoffs
Can't believe they got ripped that bad for a future superstar!
BOOOO!!! I LOVED Wily MO!!!!