Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville v. Pike Central - Who would win if they played?
My choice would be Pikeville, they've competed with Belfry, Rockcastle, and several 2A+ schools in the past. Which is more than I can say for PC. Yes, PC may have played some big name schools, but did they compete?
You're kidding , right???
I don't know what that means.
ComfortEagle Wrote:My choice would be Pikeville, they've competed with Belfry, Rockcastle, and several 2A+ schools in the past. Which is more than I can say for PC. Yes, PC may have played some big name schools, but did they compete?

Central lost to Belfry 32-2 and that is the best in history. Pike Central would beat Pike vill eif they played becuz Pikeville plays in the weakest district in 1A.
Maybe, but they make it to the playoffs every year and compete. Pikeville has had closer games with Belfry than 32-2.
That is true that Pikeville does have a weak district but i think that Pikeville would beat Pike Central

the only reason that Pike Central got those 2 points came from a bad high snap from the center over Adam Warren's head and into the endzone where Doug Howard picked it up and was tackled.
ComfortEagle Wrote:My choice would be Pikeville, they've competed with Belfry, Rockcastle, and several 2A+ schools in the past. Which is more than I can say for PC. Yes, PC may have played some big name schools, but did they compete?

Is this a joke CE? Pikeville would beat Pike Central every year since Mullins and Johns Creek consolidated.
No I thin you're wrong because like i said if central was 1A they would win state. Pikeville might think they have more talent but they had to pay for the twins to come there so thats how they get talent. i still say central would win.
PooPooHead Wrote:No I thin you're wrong because like i said if central was 1A they would win state.

:lol: :lol: That is the funniest thing I have ever read on a message board.
:lol: :lol: That is the funniest thing I have ever read on a message board.[/quote]

But its true.
PooPooHead Wrote::lol: :lol: That is the funniest thing I have ever read on a message board.

But its true.[/quote]

You do realize this is the football board right? You honetly believe that Pike Central would beat Beechwood, Danville, and NCC?
PHSFAN Wrote:
PooPooHead Wrote::lol: :lol: That is the funniest thing I have ever read on a message board.

But its true.

You do realize this is the football bard right? You honetly believe that Pike Central would beat Beechwood, Danville, and NCC?[/quote]

Yes I do becuz how big is Pikeville's Biggest player. Looks like Josh Sullivan is the biggest player and he was great.
PHSFAN Wrote:

But its true.

You do realize this is the football board right? You honetly believe that Pike Central would beat Beechwood, Danville, and NCC?[/quote]

Exactly, this person obviously has never been past the first round of playoffs ever, so they dont know what it's like. I honestly wish they would let PHS and Central play at the beginning of the year and then switch classes and see who would do better.
PooPooHead Wrote:No I thin you're wrong because like i said if central was 1A they would win state. Pikeville might think they have more talent but they had to pay for the twins to come there so thats how they get talent. i still say central would win.
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH good one man.......whats that...OH u were SERIOUS......man im still laughing.....as for the twins...they are over here on their own will...learn your facts bro. as for pikevilles "WEAK" schedule it's because as you should know due to rules by the KHSAA we have to play 7 district games.....maybe we justr pay all of the good people to come play here huh poohead?.........as for our three non-district games we dont waste our time with teams of the likes of pike central, shelby valley, or East Ridge..........
PooPooHead Wrote:
PHSFAN Wrote:

But its true.

You do realize this is the football bard right? You honetly believe that Pike Central would beat Beechwood, Danville, and NCC?

Yes I do becuz how big is Pikeville's Biggest player. Looks like Josh Sullivan is the biggest player and he was great.[/quote]

Is this sarcasm? Because you DO know Sullivan is going on to play college ball right? Who from Central is doing that?
PooPooHead Wrote:
PHSFAN Wrote:

But its true.

You do realize this is the football bard right? You honetly believe that Pike Central would beat Beechwood, Danville, and NCC?

Yes I do becuz how big is Pikeville's Biggest player. Looks like Josh Sullivan is the biggest player and he was great.[/quote]

OK that arguement makes no sense. The fact is Pikeville would beat Pike Central every season, and Beechwood, Danville, and NCC would beat the Hawks as bad as they wanted to. Pike Cenrtal is a joke in football and they have always have been. I hope Pike Central can get their program turned in the right direction and actually beat a real team sometime. If you honestly believe that Pike Central would win state in Class A then I really have to question your knowledge of high school football in the state of Kentucky.
^This is agreed PHSFan.

BTW, this thread will be closely watched for anything that goes against the rules. Some PM's have already been sent out. This is your warning to stay within the rules and avoid personal attacks.
PooPooHead Wrote:No I thin you're wrong because like i said if central was 1A they would win state. Pikeville might think they have more talent but they had to pay for the twins to come there so thats how they get talent. i still say central would win.
Pike Central wouldn't even sniff a state championship in any class...8man football included, they have never been a threat in football, regardless of class...Pike Central could drop to class A next year AND WOULD NOT WIN THE DISTRICT. Sorry, I don't intend to be mean just have been around Pikeville, Johns Creek, Mullins, Pike Central football for A LOT of years and am stating my informed opinion.
spxdad Wrote:
Pike Central wouldn't even sniff a state championship in any class...8man football included, they have never been a threat in football, regardless of class...Pike Central could drop to class A next year AND WOULD NOT WIN THE DISTRICT. Sorry, I don't intend to be mean just have been around Pikeville, Johns Creek, Mullins, Pike Central football for A LOT of years and am stating my informed opinion.

Good post spxdad...I agree 100%. I just can't believe that there are people out there that believe that Pike Central could win a regional championship in any class much less a state title.
PooPooHead Wrote:

Central lost to Belfry 32-2 and that is the best in history. Pike Central would beat Pike vill eif they played becuz Pikeville plays in the weakest district in 1A.

Actually I think it 36-14

But its true.[/quote]

I'm probably one of the biggest Central supporters ever, but I'm afraid that they couldn't win state in one A. They actually have a better shot at state in 2A than 1A. Cause with teams like Danville, and Beechwood, it wouldn't happen.

As for Pikeville and Pike Central, last year if these two teams played, while Chapman was healthy, then I think it would have been a closer game than you guys are thinking. Everyone on here is being bias toward their school, and that's all good, but if ya break it down, then I really think that Central would have had a chance to beat Pikeville last year. I don't know how P'ville is goin to be this year, or Central for that matter. But I think that last year, it would have been a good game.

This thread is a hypothetical thread, and is goin to be nothing but an arguement, cause until they actually play we will never really know. So like CE said, keep it in the rules. If someone says something you disagree with don't insult the poster, just explain why you think differently.
Central would have a great oppurtunity to earn some respect if Pikeville was on their schedule.
You have to be joking CE......Pikeville hands down......Our JV could beat PC's varsity!!!!
Hurley Wrote:Central would have a great oppurtunity to earn some respect if Pikeville was on their schedule.

You have got to be kidding, right???? Pikeville would demolish PC's varsity, heck, Pikeville's JV could play PC's Varsity and come out over the top!!!

I don't know if you were at PC about two years ago, but....I remember i was on pikeville's JV tem and we were traveling to PC to play their varsity (atleast we thought so)...We were walking on the field as PC's varsity was walking off from a practice......We were destroying the JV team in the second quarter...About that time we see a bunch of PC's starters come on to the field.....Well guess what...It didn't help out PC's JV team at all. I can't remember the exact score but i do know that we obliverated half of the JV team along with the Varsity!!!Believe it.....LOL!!!
I think the Pikeville JV v. PC starters would be a better game yes PM, but we will never find out, unless it gets scheduled here in the future. It's simple for me. I watched Pikeville play last year AND I watched Central play last year. Pikeville is more organized and a lot faster and in better shape. Central does not have all of those working together for them. Their linemen are either really small or really fat and slow, and they haven't had a real QB up there in years. Yeah, I'll give them props for Gordan but, if Robinson had played the same terrible schedule Central played, he'd have over 300 yards a game.
panthermania Wrote:
Hurley Wrote:Central would have a great oppurtunity to earn some respect if Pikeville was on their schedule.

You have got to be kidding, right???? Pikeville would demolish PC's varsity, heck, Pikeville's JV could play PC's Varsity and come out over the top!!!

I don't know if you were at PC about two years ago, but....I remember i was on pikeville's JV tem and we were traveling to PC to play their varsity (atleast we thought so)...We were walking on the field as PC's varsity was walking off from a practice......We were destroying the JV team in the second quarter...About that time we see a bunch of PC's starters come on to the field.....Well guess what...It didn't help out PC's JV team at all. I can't remember the exact score but i do know that we obliverated half of the JV team along with the Varsity!!!Believe it.....LOL!!!

Hahahahaahahahahahahah I was there.. and I think you might be a little bit wrong on that one..
Facts are facts
Football is definately not Centrals sport
just stick to basketball please...for the sake of yourselves
this is a joke
Pikeville's Jv probably would be PC's varsity and if PC dropped to 1A then they would be killed by teams liek NCC, Beechwood, Lou Holy Cross, Pikevlle, etc.
the list cna go on and on!
dirty30 Wrote:Facts are facts
this is a joke
Pikeville's Jv probably would be PC's varsity and if PC dropped to 1A then they would be killed by teams liek NCC, Beechwood, Lou Holy Cross, Pikevlle, etc.

I like how you throw Pikeville in the mix with those other three. Cause if I remember correctly Pikeville got killed by Beechwood last year, but ahh what the heck this argument is pointless
If you think us Pikeville people are being biased, just ask someone from NKY. I guaruntee you they will go, "Pike Central who?"
crazytaxidriver Wrote:
dirty30 Wrote:Facts are facts
this is a joke

I like how you throw Pikeville in the mix with those other three. Cause if I remember correctly Pikeville got killed by Beechwood last year, but ahh what the heck this argument is pointless

I believe he threw it in there because those teams were all in the top 5 of their class last year. Can't say the same for Central.