Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(1) Kentucky 74 - LSU 50
Cats improve to 21-1
Davis and Jones absolutely dominated the second half. If Jones can play with this kind of emotion and fire, good luck to the rest of the country.
27 pts for TJ

Davis with his 11th Double Double of the season
Dirty Foul by LSU player.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Hickey scores 5

UK by 30

UK won by 24
Hickey scored 5

Eh, close enough.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Dirty Foul by LSU player.

I gained a ton of respect for Davis on how he handled himself today. Hickey and whoever the other LSU player was that made the flagerant foul was just made my shit list.
Jones plays like this and we go 16-0 in the SEC
^
Jones plays like this and we go 39-1
Just watched the highlights. Davis got beatdown in that game. Looks like they were targeting him to get off his game or ejected.
Did that guy pulled Davis down get ejected? He should have if he didn't. He definately deserves a suspension.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jarons Wrote:Just watched the highlights. Davis got beatdown in that game. Looks like they were targeting him to get off his game or ejected.
Did that guy pulled Davis down get ejected? He should have if he didn't. He definately deserves a suspension.

He was called for a Flagrant 2 which is an automatic Ejection
KY wins by KO!
Westside Wrote:I gained a ton of respect for Davis on how he handled himself today. Hickey and whoever the other LSU player was that made the flagerant foul was just made my shit list.

And trust me, DON'T get on Westy's SHIT LIST!

[Image: http://www.portagebaygoods.com/images/shitlist.jpg]
Key player

Terrence Jones, who had a breakout game with a season-high 27 points and nine rebounds. At one point, he went on a personal 13-0 run that spanned the late first half and early second half. Jones played the type of game UK has been waiting for him to play — since his December finger injury, he had scored more than 15 points only once — and when he’s on another level, so is UK.

Turning point/key stretch

Two stick out. The first was in the first half, when LSU briefly made a 14-3 run in the first half that cut UK’s lead to one, but the Cats answered with a 10-2 run that gave them a good cushion by halftime.

The second was coming out of the locker room, when UK put the game away in the opening minutes of the second half with a 9-0 run (all scored by Jones) that doubled UK’s lead to 18 points. After that, LSU couldn’t make any sort of serious dent in UK’s lead.

The good

Calipari has said UK has to do one thing to take its game to another level: negate physical play. The Cats, especially Anthony Davis, did exactly that against a rugged, defensive-minded LSU team.

In the first half, Davis was removed from the game after suffering a right shoulder contusion when he fell into an LSU player’s leg. In the second half, LSU’s Malcolm White committed a flagrant foul when he pulled Davis down from behind as Davis was on a breakaway dunk. At least two other times Davis took a hand to the face.

Despite the battering, Davis finished with 16 points and 10 rebounds playing against one of the biggest post presences in the SEC in LSU’s 7-foot center, Justin Hamilton, who was averaging more than 17 points per game in SEC play. For Davis, a wiry player who looks like he might get injured every time he hits the floor, to fight through being battered so effectively is a great sign for UK.

The bad

There wasn’t much going LSU’s way, but when forced to choose, UK’s free-throw shooting was lackluster. The Cats made 15 of 26 (57.7 percent), but it shouldn’t be too much concern because UK is shooting more than 70 percent on the year.

Stat of the game

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist had one point. He was tied for second on the team in scoring entering the game. And UK still won, handily. Stats like this reinforce just how loaded UK is.
Jarons Wrote:Just watched the highlights. Davis got beatdown in that game. Looks like they were targeting him to get off his game or ejected.

Though we don't want to see it, this is quite possibly the biggest compliment to Anthony Davis that we have seen for a UK player - maybe ever!

For those of you old enough to see Shaq play at LSU, no team, I mean NO TEAM, could control him in the paint. Shaq was absolutely mauled by the opposition (including by by UK's Reggie Hansen and Jamaal Mashburn). I recall Shaq having guys literally try to hit him like he was a running back at times. It was admittance by the other team that they could not control Shaq and their only resort was to physically attack him.

I believe we will see this the rest of the year and should be prepared to see what has happened to Davis over the last two games be the norm!
Davis proved so much in this game. His toughness, his maturity, and his composure are all off the charts for a freshman. He was tackled and simply got up, regrouped, and walked to the free throw line. One thing that gets overlooked with Anthony Davis is his character, it's top-knotch.
Millers playing exceptionally good.
^ 1st round draft pick???
^
If the first 32 that will be picked decide to return to college or quit basketball.

He kills me. Next game he'll go 3 points and one rebound.
At a time when we need a good leader with experience, hes just to inconsistent.
Miller will be a very good role player in the NBA. I gained more respect for davis than any player in UK history today. If I were in his shoes on that fast break I would have started a fist fight. There is no call for shit like that in college basketball.
Good win for the Cats. LSU didnt have an answer for Jones, it will be interesting to see if Jones Doesnt dissapear in big games for the rest of the season.
Jones played great! So glad to see him get back to the player we know he can be.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Game Ball: Terrence Jones - It gives me much pleasure to say that Jones gets the game ball, his first game ball in a very long time. 10-16 shooting, 7-8 on free throws, 9 rebounds, 2 steals, 1 assist. 27 huge points.

-----

Good Thoughts:

- Anthony Davis played fantastic, he was very tough and he did what he does. He shot 100% from the field, 10 rebounds, 3 blocks & 2 steals.

- Darius Miller played good, 13 points (5-9 shooting), 1 rebound, 1 assist & 1 steal. He should have had one more rebound but was called for a cheap foul.

- Doron Lamb had a ok game, 9 points with 3 rebounds to go with it.

- Michael Kidd-Gilchrist didn't score much, but he defended and grabbed 8 rebounds and had 4 assists.

- Marquis Teague had a good game, 4 assists to just 1 turnover. He ran the team very well and defended the quick Anthony Hickey very good.

- Eloy Vargas got a couple rebounds and worked hard. He hasn't had many minutes lately, so it was nice to see him get in and do some positive things.

- Kentucky as a team I thought looked really good. I noticed good shots, good patience & excellent defensive rebounding.

- Only 6 turnovers. Fantastic!

- Absolutely loved the rebounding & overall defense.

-----

Not So Good Thoughts:

- Kyle Wiltjer just wasn't very effective today in any respect.

- Free throw shooting was poor today, especially from Anthony Davis (just 4-10 free throws)

- Doron Lamb disappeared for long stretches in this game.

- If Lamb can get 3 rebounds, why can't Darius Miller who is much bigger in every dimension?

- I didn't really like Kidd-Gilchrist's shot selection this game.
Oh yeah.