Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA lockout over Rex Chapman is tweeting supplemental draft could hurt UK
I heard Rex is tweeting that this NBA supplemental draft will allow current college players to enter this draft and play this season. I am not able to find any other details except from Rex. A bit unnerving to say the least.

I heard earlier today that the NBA was opening up a supplemental draft that will include 18 year-olds, but I have not found anything that corroborates that.

The last I had heard, there was going to be a 2-year college rule. Can anyone find anything on this?
Ofcourse it will hurt UK, that means cal will have to get refunded from the upcoming recruits!
Stardust Wrote:I heard Rex is tweeting that this NBA supplemental draft will allow current college players to enter this draft and play this season. I am not able to find any other details except from Rex. A bit unnerving to say the least.

I heard earlier today that the NBA was opening up a supplemental draft that will include 18 year-olds, but I have not found anything that corroborates that.

The last I had heard, there was going to be a 2-year college rule. Can anyone find anything on this?

From what I've seen, the new pact is going to have a longer
period for those coming out of h.s. Any supplemental draft
will NOT allow currently enrolled collegiate players of ANY
year. All in all it looks like a win for the college game and anoter
win for Cal who will have ALL those recruits for at least 2 years
now. Of course I'm sure that before long we'll see ANOTHER
UK specific rule disallwoing more than 2 consensus top 10
recuits per school per season, or some such nonsense.
UK should be fine. I doubt they would want to leave UK right now anyways.
Nothing is official yet. But, I think if there was a new 2-year rule or something like it, we'd be talking about it. It'd be huge news.

I put my money on the rule staying the same..
According to people that foolow him on twitter, he does stuff like this as a joke all the time.
It was only him getting laughs, its not true.
I had heard at the end of last season that the two year rule is one of the things that Stern was saying was an absolute must have, and that they wouldn't budge from changing that rule. I don't know if it actually ended up happening, but based on him saying that then and the rumors floating around now I think that will be the rule.
Let's hope not. But I can't imagine our players leaving. But money does talk!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL