Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KY Football Coaches Association Award Winners
I know it has already been discussed but I just came across this on Lex18 News and thought the same thing...

How does Southwestern not get any awards? First ever region title and not one player makes the list? Southwestern OUTPLAYED these teams and through a lot of adversity...

How does not one Somerset player make the list? Somerset OUTPLAYED and beat several teams on this list... No Storm, no Lange, no Slaughters... interesting...

Seems like one of the only towns in KY with TWO teams in the state semi's got a little bit overlooked... Just happy that both schools can still prove themselves overlooked this Friday!
Congratulations to Coach Mark Dixon and BJ Combs, district 6 1A. You guys have worked off body parts this year.
All the coaches vote some teams are not a part of the KFCA and do not get a vote nor do their players. Not saying that is why some are not on here. I think the 6A NKY district is way off in my opinion. I mean Campbell County did win the district but they only one 4 games all year, and was destroyed by Boone in the regular season. I think some times whoever wins the district gets it by rule of thumb but it is what it is, congrats to all the winners.
Congrats to all winners!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Congrats to Coach P at Rockcastle!
adopted purple Wrote:Coaches don't like to vote for players and coaches that beat them during the season. That's why some of the best players and coaches always get left off this list.

I'd say your right about that, but for those guys getting left off that come back next year, this sure makes for some good wall hanging material for the locker room.
:
laker20 Wrote:I could argue that 4A D6 Player of the year should be Nick Britt.

1727 Yards (2nd in 4A), 39 TDs, Scored 228 Points (leader 4A, 2nd in state overall)

You could, but if you look the Canady kid had 1925 yards rushing and receiving combined. 23 TD's also 5 Ints. 67 tackles from Safety and avg. 48 yards a punt. So you could argue but you would look silly==Gongrats to Britt on a great year. :rockon:

"Haters gonna hate"
^The stats you provided as an end-all argument just show that Nick wins on stats. The exact opposite of what you are trying to do.

They are both great players but if you are trying to go just on stats, Britt wins.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LWC Wrote:^The stats you provided as an end-all argument just show that Nick wins on stats. The exact opposite of what you are trying to do.

They are both great players but if you are trying to go just on stats, Britt wins.

1700 yards playing offense ONLY. or 1900 yards playing both sides of the Ball no rest..... Britt is a great RUNNING BACK--CANADY is a BETTER ALL ROUND PLAYER. :Clap:
highschoolfan Wrote::

You could, but if you look the Canady kid had 1925 yards rushing and receiving combined. 23 TD's also 5 Ints. 67 tackles from Safety and avg. 48 yards a punt. So you could argue but you would look silly==Gongrats to Britt on a great year. :rockon:

"Haters gonna hate"

Canady- in 4A-- 9th in rushing---2nd in Rec.---4th in scoring

State -11th --in rec.

Only player in 4A in 3 out of 4 categories.:Thumbs:

Once again Britt had a great year as a running back--but Canandy from Knox Central was a All round better player -on BOTH sides of the ball. Here ends my debate......have a great Holiday and God Bless all the Players and Coaches for a great year....until next year:Thumbs:
^I will agree that as an all-around player Canady is better. Agreed there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Norm Peterson Wrote:Some of these awards are total jokes. Nothing against the players and coaches listed, it isn't there fault. However, how does Somerset graduate 19 seniors, go 5-0 against 2A District 7 teams, outscore them 183-67, and win their 3rd consecutive regional championship not get the player of the year or coach of the year for that district?

Also, how does Southwestern sweep their district while facing all that adversity and Coach Andy Stephens not get coach of the year in 5A district 7? Even more glaring of an omission: Dustin Powell leads Class 5A in rushing and isn't player of the year?

A total joke in these two districts.

I completely agree!!! I don't know what shocked me more! I thought for sure that Coach Lucas would get rewarded for his accomplishment as well as perhaps Storm Wilson get the District player of the years award. What coach Stephens has done at Southwestern does not only deserve District recognitions but, statewide recognition and how you leave out the Class 5A leading rusher is beyond me!! :redboxer:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Norm Peterson Wrote:Some of these awards are total jokes. Nothing against the players and coaches listed, it isn't there fault. However, how does Somerset graduate 19 seniors, go 5-0 against 2A District 7 teams, outscore them 183-67, and win their 3rd consecutive regional championship not get the player of the year or coach of the year for that district?

Also, how does Southwestern sweep their district while facing all that adversity and Coach Andy Stephens not get coach of the year in 5A district 7? Even more glaring of an omission: Dustin Powell leads Class 5A in rushing and isn't player of the year?

A total joke in these two districts.

I was thinknig the same thing everybody talked about how hard that district was before the eyar started and Somerset smacked all 3 teams and Danville and LCA twice.

Also How did Bowles from Glasgow get player of the year over the running back? Bowles is going to UofL but in the 2 toughest Regular season games vs. Somerset and Green Co. basically they just turned and handed the ball to #24 30+ times a game.
playtowin Wrote:I know it has already been discussed but I just came across this on Lex18 News and thought the same thing...

How does Southwestern not get any awards? First ever region title and not one player makes the list? Southwestern OUTPLAYED these teams and through a lot of adversity...

How does not one Somerset player make the list? Somerset OUTPLAYED and beat several teams on this list... No Storm, no Lange, no Slaughters... interesting...

Seems like one of the only towns in KY with TWO teams in the state semi's got a little bit overlooked... Just happy that both schools can still prove themselves overlooked this Friday!

:rockon:
MR. Slate Wrote:The biggest mistake on here is no JJ Jude. Wow. :biglmao:

Tell your boy Matney to pay his association dues so his kids will be eligible for these awards and it won't be a problem. :biglmao:
really? jude breaks the all time rushing record and isn't even the player of the year in his district! and they wonder why he has no shot at Mr football! if his district doesn't support him why would and state wide voters. JOKE! and im not even a JC fan
HD28 Wrote:Tell your boy Matney to pay his association dues so his kids will be eligible for these awards and it won't be a problem. :biglmao:

Listen boy before you go running your mouth why don't you at least know what you're talking about. Johnson Central has paid the association dues and what makes you think that they haven’t? According to the former Boyd County coach Lee Evans, Jude finished second in the voting. Tell me this loud mouth if Johnson Central hadn't paid their association dues how could he have finished second? You Rowan County people keep running your mouth though and keep stirring things up and see what it gets you. I hope he beats you worse next year and after what I witnessed in this year’s game it could be even uglier next year. Bottom line is this voting is a joke and evidently the people that voted Wing as district player of the year over JJ Jude and Sam Hunter are complete idiots.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:I agree. No offense to Coach Parsons, but how do you get coach of the year in your district & dont even win a district game. Leslie County coach should have gotten it hands down.
No offense to you either Joseph Jamerson i understand you had several injuries this year, but there where others who stood out more on the team this year not to mention several others in the district more deserving of the honor.
Congrats to both, but i still feel they got these two wrong.

I agree completely with this statement.

I really think Coach Melton should have gotten coah of the year. And there were a few kids who I think should have won the award over Jamerson.

#26 Chris Maggard from Leslie Co., Lucas Fields from Shelby Valley, Bryson Williams from Prestonsburg, and #6 Eric Hubbard from Leslie Co. All in my opinion were very deserving of this honor.
I would like to congratulate Coach Parsons. I dont know if what coaches vote on or why but I am glad. Coach Parsons and staff and done a really good job this year. This was a injury plague year and they still tied most wins in a season.

Good Luck Next Year and keep it going.

I could argue for every coach in the district that should have won this award.
I Rule The World Wrote:I agree completely with this statement.

I really think Coach Melton should have gotten coah of the year. And there were a few kids who I think should have won the award over Jamerson.

#26 Chris Maggard from Leslie Co., Lucas Fields from Shelby Valley, Bryson Williams from Prestonsburg, and #6 Eric Hubbard from Leslie Co. All in my opinion were very deserving of this honor.

Yeah, i agree. Joseph was 5th in tackles, 3rd in rushing, & 3rd in receiving on his team. Probably would have been 4th in rushing & receiving if Grant Anderson had not got hurt.
Coach Parsons is doing a wonderful job at Betsy Layne, but to get Coach of Year in your district & not win a district game is just unbelievable.
I agree about no SW players on the list. SW has a TE, dont know hs name #17 I think, and he is the best TE in the state, period. When Rowan played SW, in the 4th Q, They put put Hodge on him man, and covered him up over the top with Adam Wing, and he still almost took the game over by himself. We could not stop him, he blocked, caught passes, was the toughest kid I seen all year.

Someone bring this kids name up, he deserves at least to recognized here.

I dont think any JC fans should say on here that RC had anything to do with JJ getting left off the list. We have only 1 vote. I dont know a RC fan who has ever compared the two kids in anything. The RC base I know was also shocked that JJ was left off. Were proud of what ever Adam gets, but also happy for JJ and what both players took to the field. We are not the bad guys.:rockon:
Congrats to coach Larkey and Marcus McMillan, both very deserving!
District coaches vote on these awards and cannot vote for themselves or thier own players. This might anger or surprise you as well, but head coaches spend about 1% of the total time thinking about who to vote for as fans do.
When will the list come out that names the all district teams...eg.....1st team, 2nd team, etc..? All that is on this list is the coach of the year and player of the year.
Congrats to Pokey Harris from GRC, winner of 6A District 8. Well deserved!!!
Some coaches who don't win the district but win with a bad team deserve it

Plus some coaches are just so arrogant and disliked that their peers wont vote for them.
Coach Scenters is a Great Coach and a Great Mentor to the players! So Proud to be a Lion!
EXACTLY!! Adam Wing isn't the best player in the district and he isn't even the best QB in the district. He sucked against Ashland and JC. He only put up stats against teams with losing records. Sam Hunter dominated against Rowan and Wing crumbled. Look at the stats people. Who had 2,169 passing yards? Who had a pass % of 66? Not Adam Wing!!!! After the Ashland game his coach called in 80 extra yards for the kid to the northeastern ky high school leaders. (had to keep beefing his stats until he signed somewhere) JJ Jude broke a state record and his team finished 2 nd in the district. Sam Hunter broke every QB record in school history and his team finished 1st in the district. BUT ADAM WING WINS!!
I feel sorry for the kid having to accept the award because he has to know he isn't the best in the district. He got thumped by both Jude and Hunter.
Sam Hunter is THE QB of the district. Adam Wing had less than 100 yards against Ashland. Hunter had over 200 and 3 passing TD's. Wing looked like a deer in headlights that night. Composed-not so much! Only thing Wing has on Hunter is size. He only finished the season with the stats he had because he played 4 quarters against Boyd, and Greenup. Hunter was pulled after the first series after half time against Boyd and two quarters against Greenup. Oh well if you believe he's the best that's fine. Stats, records and championships shouldn't factored in I guess. Hahaha