Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
** Honarary Coach, Sgt Dakota Meyer
Medal of Honor recipient Sgt Dakota Meyer will be honorary coach of the Adair Co Indians tonight as they host Russell Co. His heroic service and sacrifice to our country most certainly puts Friday Football into a much lesser perspective.

Hopefully everyone attending a game tonight will remember the men and women that have volunteered to serve and protect this country.
For those of you not familiar with Sgt Dakota Meyer, here's a link to his heroic story:

http://gizmodo.com/5841107/how-sgt-dakot...heavy-fire
Thanks for sharing the story laker20. Thanks to all who serve our country & fight for our freedom.
Sgt Dakota Meyer is most certainly a hero. A special thanks to you sir.
Amazing story. Sgt. Meyer is a true hero
Anyone who has been in combat understands why Sgt. Meyers did what he did. God was his commanding officer that day. May he be with him the rest of his life.
Well Laker, with that news I guess I'll have to root against you guys tonight. I would hope that he would get a chance to speak to both teams either before or after the game.
Big honor for both teams to get to play in this game.
Jumper Dad Wrote:Well Laker, with that news I guess I'll have to root against you guys tonight. I would hope that he would get a chance to speak to both teams either before or after the game.

I hope so as well, it would be an unforgettable experience for these players. For a young man to have been faced with such incredible circumstance, yet maintain the sense of compassion and conviction towards his fellow soldiers that he would sacrifice his personal well-being in an effort to not only save those who were trapped, but also those who had perished is the true essence of heroism.
Wonderful to hear. My wife and I had several classes at Lindsey Wilson with his 1st cousin, and Dakota Meyer is a big deal around Adair/Russell/Green Counties.

God bless him and the United States of America!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This is absolute CLASS! My hat off to the Adair Football family for recognizing a true american hero. Far too often, our student athletes have hero's that are not realistic. What Sgt. Meyer represents to these young men is truly of value to what team represents! These young men have the privilege to be in the presence of the American way and the values that they can learn from him are more valuable than the game of football itself. I would like to pass on my sincere thank you for protecting my family and the way of life that we all have enjoyed during his watch!:notworthy
adopted purple Wrote:Anyone who has been in combat understands why Sgt. Meyers did what he did. God was his commanding officer that day. May he be with him the rest of his life.

:Thumbs:
Wonderful gesture by Adair
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This is pretty awesome. Wish I could make it down there..