Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who are the best "Field General" type QB's in the state?
Who are those QB's that are real leaders on the field? The kind that may not be the best passer or scrambler but does whatever it takes to get the job done. The one's that absolutely refuse to lose and leave it all on the field. I'll start it off with Jordy Brewer of HC. The kid is tough and he makes his team better with his good decisions and leadership on the field.
No doubt Tyler Williams at Belfry!!
Dragonsdad Wrote:Who are those QB's that are real leaders on the field? The kind that may not be the best passer or scrambler but does whatever it takes to get the job done. The one's that absolutely refuse to lose and leave it all on the field. I'll start it off with Jordy Brewer of HC. The kid is tough and he makes his team better with his good decisions and leadership on the field.

I think PT for Highlands is both.
Record as a starter 32-1.
NCC41 Wrote:I think PT for Highlands is both.
Record as a starter 32-1.

Umm, you don't get any better than that - Field General hell, that's better that Patton!
Scooter Hollis from Bowling Green.
Travis wright TRINITY
bucslover68 Wrote:No doubt Tyler Williams at Belfry!!
For sure!! I could not think of enough good things to say about Tyler.
John Stout Bourbon County he has stepped up & become a leader threw back to back game winning td's the past 2 weeks and has his Colonels playing a 1st round playoff game at home, Congrats to John & Bourbon County..
Pikeville's Randy Maynard would fit the description for sure.
adopted purple Wrote:Scooter Hollis from Bowling Green.

He is pretty dang good. He can do it all on the field.
Both Harlan QB's are having impressive seasons. Jordy at HC has some massive runners, but it still starts with him. Can't argue with a perfect season thus far. Interested to see what happens with Bell this Friday. Expecting HC to secure the victory. Saragas at Harlan Independent is having a record-breaking season in the air. Great receivers in Bianchi and Allen, but again..has to start with the QB making the right decision and having the ability to place the ball where it needs to be. He is just a junior and already pushing 2000 yards.
sportsfan12 Wrote:Both Harlan QB's are having impressive seasons. Jordy at HC has some massive runners, but it still starts with him. Can't argue with a perfect season thus far. Interested to see what happens with Bell this Friday. Expecting HC to secure the victory. Saragas at Harlan Independent is having a record-breaking season in the air. Great receivers in Bianchi and Allen, but again..has to start with the QB making the right decision and having the ability to place the ball where it needs to be. He is just a junior and already pushing 2000 yards.

Saragas is at 1,820 YD's and should in all likelihood break 2,000 against Corbin. He's leading 1A,in passing yards per game at 228 YD's,of the teams that list stat's on the KHSAA site. Most of the top teams do,but,their are still a few that don't.
Thats a double for sure Tyler Williams and Randy Maynard both tough,solid leaders.
Williamsburgs Dalton Sizemore Soph. did not start till the 4th game of the season against Leslie County put up 297 passing and 133 rushing in his first start against a very good Leslie County team. Since becoming a starter has averaged 258 ypg passing and 76 ypg rushing. Currently ranked #2 in passing (1785 yards) only 32 yards behind the leader and #15 in rushing (591 yards) in class A. Skyler Griffith his freshman reciever leads the state in recieving
Logan Woodside-Franklin County. He has really put up some impressive numbers this year, after getting his shot. He passes and is able to run the ball very well. Coach Tracy and Coach Thacker have done a really good job at developing this kid's game.