Poll: Who wins ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bowling Green
63.64%
Lexinton Catholic
36.36%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bowling Green at Lexington Catholic
Wildlife and sstack, I think you two are just plain crazy. When you take those Highland blinders off, you might remember the Boyle County and Covington Catholic and Elder games and realize that they are not the same team of the past few years. I would love to see BG and Highlands play, but I don't think either one should be a 3 or 4 touchdown favorite over Lexington Catholic. They are 8-1 and a very good football team.
adopted purple Wrote:Wildlife and sstack, I think you two are just plain crazy. When you take those Highland blinders off, you might remember the Boyle County and Covington Catholic and Elder games and realize that they are not the same team of the past few years. I would love to see BG and Highlands play, but I don't think either one should be a 3 or 4 touchdown favorite over Lexington Catholic. They are 8-1 and a very good football team.

We shall see in the next couple of weeks how crazy we are. Highlands beat Boyle easily by 21, and missed two other scores by fumbles and kneelt the ball down inside the 10 to end the game. Boyle fans will continue to say it was not dominated by HHS, but that is what is crazy. Lex Cath beat Boyle by 7 (at home), so a prediction of 3-4 TD win by HHS over Lex Cath does not sound crazy to me.
No Common Opponents

MY projection based on FREEMAN computer ratings
Rating..State Rank...Class Rank.......Team Name
50..............2........1(5A).........Bowling Green
37.9..........10........2(4A).........Lexington Catholic
Point spread Bowling Green by 12
Bowling Green Probability of Victory 75.%
but of course since BG is ranked 2 and HHS is 4 the unbiased computer ranking MUST be wrong
sstack Wrote:We shall see in the next couple of weeks how crazy we are. Highlands beat Boyle easily by 21, and missed two other scores by fumbles and kneelt the ball down inside the 10 to end the game. Boyle fans will continue to say it was not dominated by HHS, but that is what is crazy. Lex Cath beat Boyle by 7 (at home), so a prediction of 3-4 TD win by HHS over Lex Cath does not sound crazy to me.

To begin with I would expect a better comparison from such an all knowing, all seeing HHS football fan than this. To begin with, so what if Lex Cath beat Boyle on the road by 7 and HHS beat them by 21. I just expected a better statement from you than to say that HHS is 3-4 TDs better than Catholic just because they won by 14 pts less than Highlands beat Boyle.....and BTW using your formula the Bluebirds should be only 2 TDs better instead of 4 but who cares anyway. Highlands might beat LC by 50 if they have a great game and Catholic plays poorly, or just maybe Lex Cath plays outstanding and Highlands stinks it up and Catholic only gets beat by 49...........reguardless the odds of those 2 teams playing in the semi-finals areless than 50/50 anyway and it seems premature to be predicting spreads from them. zI'm sure that Russel Co. or whoever might have other ideas. I am in no way saying all HHS fans are all omnipotent or arrogant.
Bowling Green rolls. The only thing between Bowling Green and a state championship is a very solid John Hardin team. I saw John Hardin against Boyle and they are for real.
knighted Wrote:To begin with I would expect a better comparison from such an all knowing, all seeing HHS football fan than this. To begin with, so what if Lex Cath beat Boyle on the road by 7 and HHS beat them by 21. I just expected a better statement from you than to say that HHS is 3-4 TDs better than Catholic just because they won by 14 pts less than Highlands beat Boyle.....and BTW using your formula the Bluebirds should be only 2 TDs better instead of 4 but who cares anyway. Highlands might beat LC by 50 if they have a great game and Catholic plays poorly, or just maybe Lex Cath plays outstanding and Highlands stinks it up and Catholic only gets beat by 49...........reguardless the odds of those 2 teams playing in the semi-finals areless than 50/50 anyway and it seems premature to be predicting spreads from them. zI'm sure that Russel Co. or whoever might have other ideas. I am in no way saying all HHS fans are all omnipotent or arrogant.

Highlands and Lex Cath are the two favorities, so how can the odds be less than 50/50 that they meet in the semi finals? They might not meet in the semi finals, but the odds that they do are much higher than 50/50. I am sure Vegas will not be call you to set their odds.
Will this game be on I high?
adopted purple Wrote:Should be a great game. I'll take the Purples by 10.
I agree with the great game part, but I believe BG gets brought down to earth!!

LC - 24
BG - 21
adopted purple Wrote:Wildlife and sstack, I think you two are just plain crazy. When you take those Highland blinders off, you might remember the Boyle County and Covington Catholic and Elder games and realize that they are not the same team of the past few years. I would love to see BG and Highlands play, but I don't think either one should be a 3 or 4 touchdown favorite over Lexington Catholic. They are 8-1 and a very good football team.

IMO Highlands is much better this year than last year. To sit 180 miles away and say Highlands is not the same caliber of years past is ignorant. I've seen them play and practice many times this year. Believe me, Highlands is better this year than last. Also, Elder and Covcath are both significantly better than BG, John Hardone, St. X, and those other stiffs from Western Ky.
I tried to get my blue glasses off but can't make it happen.

I think this will be a close game, but the outcome will never be in doubt...LexCath wins.

Until proven otherwise, the assumption has to be that the west 5A is not as good as billed.

Although I believe BG or JH will be 5A state champs, I do not believe they could possibly have improved enough to keep Highlands from claiming the 5A throne had they not been dropped to 4A.

Highlands is arguably as good as they were last year, if not a bit better since PT and his receiving corp have another year under their belt.

In last year's playoffs, Christian Co squeaked by BG 14 - 10 and handled JH 45 - 20. In the championship game, CC lost to the Birds 50 - 0. Can ONE not to mention TWO teams improve enough in a single year to make up this kind of spread?

5A Championship
point spreads

2010 50
2009 28
2008 20
2007 21
AVG. 30
Blau Vogel Wrote:I tried to get my blue glasses off but can't make it happen.

I think this will be a close game, but the outcome will never be in doubt...LexCath wins.

Until proven otherwise, the assumption has to be that the west 5A is not as good as billed.

Although I believe BG or JH will be 5A state champs, I do not believe they could possibly have improved enough to keep Highlands from claiming the 5A throne had they not been dropped to 4A.

Highlands is arguably as good as they were last year, if not a bit better since PT and his receiving corp have another year under their belt.

In last year's playoffs, Christian Co squeaked by BG 14 - 10 and handled JH 45 - 20. In the championship game, CC lost to the Birds 50 - 0. Can ONE not to mention TWO teams improve enough in a single year to make up this kind of spread?

4A Championship
point spreads

2010 50
2009 28
2008 20
2007 21
AVG. 30

^ :biglmao: I understand.....and I think you meant 5A Championship point spreads.
laker20 Wrote:^ :biglmao: I understand.....and I think you meant 5A Championship point spreads.

THX...fixed
Let me put my Vegas Gold and Black glasses on real quick. If this Highlands team is better than the years past then I am likely correct in my statement that Boyle would have defeated Highlands in 2010 and 2009. Too bad the two schools didn't meet until this year. I'd love to have seen those games. This year's Boyle team is still an above average team but the last 3 teams at Boyle were much better teams. If only we could have played the last two years. We'd have shut you all up real quick. Word up.

Let me put my Purple and Gold glasses on now. BG wins this game by 7-10. I don't think LexCath's defense will be good enough to stop BG from running and throwing the ball how they want. BG will dictate the tempo of this game. BG also has Necarious Fant and LexCath doesn't have anyone who can match up with him when it comes time for him to make a play. I watched BG once this year and LexCath twice. BG is the better team. They still have to come to play though. Go Purples!!!!!!!!
RebelPride12 Wrote:Let me put my Vegas Gold and Black glasses on real quick. If this Highlands team is better than the years past then I am likely correct in my statement that Boyle would have defeated Highlands in 2010 and 2009. Too bad the two schools didn't meet until this year. I'd love to have seen those games. This year's Boyle team is still an above average team but the last 3 teams at Boyle were much better teams. If only we could have played the last two years. We'd have shut you all up real quick. Word up.

Let me put my Purple and Gold glasses on now. BG wins this game by 7-10. I don't think LexCath's defense will be good enough to stop BG from running and throwing the ball how they want. BG will dictate the tempo of this game. BG also has Necarious Fant and LexCath doesn't have anyone who can match up with him when it comes time for him to make a play. I watched BG once this year and LexCath twice. BG is the better team. They still have to come to play though. Go Purples!!!!!!!!

Whatever class Highlands plays in, be it 4A or 5A, the other class suddenly thinks they're better than Highlands. Trust me they're not. I really really hope Boyle makes the semi's more so than LexCath. I want to see Highlands putting a running clock on them in the state semi's on their home field. Boyle will never will another title as long as Highlands is in 4A.
Boyle, LexCath, Bowling Green, John Hardin, are all good teams. All good teams as long as they're playing other Ky teams or each other. When they play Highlands, they look like weak sister schools.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Whatever class Highlands plays in, be it 4A or 5A, the other class suddenly thinks they're better than Highlands. Trust me they're not. I really really hope Boyle makes the semi's more so than LexCath. I want to see Highlands putting a running clock on them in the state semi's on their home field. Boyle will never will another title as long as Highlands is in 4A.

I really don't know what you are talking about in your first sentence. That has nothing to do with my post that you quoted.

Boyle most likely won't win a title in the next few years but that has nothing to do with Highlands and more to do with the fact that Boyle simply will not be fielding state championship winning caliber teams over the next few years. Your statement is only true IF Highlands eliminates us every year over the next 4 years and after this year and next we'll be lucky to make it to the state semis. I still stand by my statement that Boyle would have beaten Highlands in 2009 and 2010.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Boyle, LexCath, Bowling Green, John Hardin, are all good teams. All good teams as long as they're playing other Ky teams or each other. When they play Highlands, they look like weak sister schools.

I can't speak on LexCath or John Hardin but Boyle has won a state title against Highlands and swept them one year and sits at 2-3 overall after this season against Highlands.

As far as I know BG is 1-1 against Highlands in state championship games.

Once again, I really have no idea what you are talking about.
RebelPride12 Wrote:I can't speak on LexCath or John Hardin but Boyle has won a state title against Highlands and swept them one year and sits at 2-3 overall after this season against Highlands.

I believe LexCath defeated Highlands at Highlands during the 05 playoffs. But, the question on my mind is why does Highlands discussions end up in other threads. :notworthy Please, Bird fans, we all know that you are good, so you don't have to keep telling us that you are! Since Highlands has appeared again in this thread, let me throw my 2 cents in. Do we really know how good this Highlands team is? The combined record of their opponents is 32-50 and they have only played 3 teams with a winning record and one of those is 5-4. So, how good are they??????????????? I am sure they will be there in the end, but please stick to threads on your own team!!!!!!!!!!!:Clap:
RebelPride12 Wrote:I really don't know what you are talking about in your first sentence. That has nothing to do with my post that you quoted.

Boyle most likely won't win a title in the next few years but that has nothing to do with Highlands and more to do with the fact that Boyle simply will not be fielding state championship winning caliber teams over the next few years. Your statement is only true IF Highlands eliminates us every year over the next 4 years and after this year and next we'll be lucky to make it to the state semis. I still stand by my statement that Boyle would have beaten Highlands in 2009 and 2010.

Highlands finished #3 in the nation and beat St. X who played a national schedule in 2009. A little ole Boyle Co team beating up on Allen Co Scottsville and Bell Co wasn't beating Highlands that year.
Score Now! Wrote:I believe LexCath defeated Highlands at Highlands during the 05 playoffs. But, the question on my mind is why does Highlands discussions end up in other threads. :notworthy Please, Bird fans, we all know that you are good, so you don't have to keep telling us that you are! Since Highlands has appeared again in this thread, let me throw my 2 cents in. Do we really know how good this Highlands team is? The combined record of their opponents is 32-50 and they have only played 3 teams with a winning record and one of those is 5-4. So, how good are they??????????????? I am sure they will be there in the end, but please stick to threads on your own team!!!!!!!!!!!:Clap:

Nationally we don't know how good they are. We just know they're better than the historically sorry teams out of southern,eastern, central, and western Ky.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Highlands finished #3 in the nation and beat St. X who played a national schedule in 2009. A little ole Boyle Co team beating up on Allen Co Scottsville and Bell Co wasn't beating Highlands that year.

Just going by what you said about this year's Highlands team being the best of the last three. If this Highlands team only beat this Boyle team by 3tds in week 0 then our last three teams had a great chance to defeat your last three teams. Just my opinion.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Boyle, LexCath, Bowling Green, John Hardin, are all good teams. All good teams as long as they're playing other Ky teams or each other. When they play Highlands, they look like weak sister schools.

You are a total idiot. I for one will not reply to anymore or your posts. I suggest everyone let him play his silly games by himself. It's a waste of time.
RebelPride12 Wrote:I can't speak on LexCath or John Hardin but Boyle has won a state title against Highlands and swept them one year and sits at 2-3 overall after this season against Highlands.

Highlands record vs 128 teams through the 2010 season

http://www.highlands-bluebirds.com/ssp/opponents
Score Now! Wrote:I believe LexCath defeated Highlands at Highlands during the 05 playoffs. But, the question on my mind is why does Highlands discussions end up in other threads. :notworthy Please, Bird fans, we all know that you are good, so you don't have to keep telling us that you are! Since Highlands has appeared again in this thread, let me throw my 2 cents in. Do we really know how good this Highlands team is? The combined record of their opponents is 32-50 and they have only played 3 teams with a winning record and one of those is 5-4. So, how good are they??????????????? I am sure they will be there in the end, but please stick to threads on your own team!!!!!!!!!!!:Clap:

We actually shut them out at their place that year. They have gotten us the last two times we played in 07 and 08. The 07 game was close at halftime but they wore us out in the 2nd and won by an alright amount. O8 wasn't close at all though.
The first reference to Highlands:
Thunder Lips Wrote:Highlands posters are comical.
not by a Highlands fan

The second reference to Highlands:
toolaidback Wrote:Most Highlands fans on here are really intelligent and know the game well, but there are always a couple that have some sort of complex. You know, like a millionaire that has everything but is still really insecure. Lonely at the top, i suppose.:Sad04:
not by a Highlands fan

Then wideleft01 chimed in...down hill from there
If I am not mistaking Boyle has beaten Highlands in the state championship game before, I can not remember the year or years. It seems like they have met 5 times with Highlands winning 3 of the 5. Saying this I will also say this year Highlands would be the favorite, but their are 14 other teams that have something to say.
Old24 Wrote:If I am not mistaking Boyle has beaten Highlands in the state championship game before, I can not remember the year or years. It seems like they have met 5 times with Highlands winning 3 of the 5. Saying this I will also say this year Highlands would be the favorite, but their are 14 other teams that have something to say.

Boyle 44, Highlands 10
Bluegrasscard Wrote:2003

Boyle 44, Highlands 10

To be fair

Highlands 22, Boyle Co. 6
Wideleft01 Wrote:Nationally we don't know how good they are. We just know they're better than the historically sorry teams out of southern,eastern, central, and western Ky.

I hope you get what is coming to you in the playoffs this year. Is it hard to pat yourself on the back like that or are your arms as big as your mouth? You probably don't even have a kid that plays or even have anything to do with HHS, you just load on the bandwagon when it comes by. Is Jimmy Johnson you favorite Nascar driver. I bet he is, he is the #1 driver over the past few years in wins. Again, if you are part of the HHS program, I hope you all get what you deserve in the playoffs. If not, I bet they are real proud of you.
HonestJohn Wrote:I hope you get what is coming to you in the playoffs this year. Is it hard to pat yourself on the back like that or are your arms as big as your mouth? You probably don't even have a kid that plays or even have anything to do with HHS, you just load on the bandwagon when it comes by. Is Jimmy Johnson you favorite Nascar driver. I bet he is, he is the #1 driver over the past few years in wins. Again, if you are part of the HHS program, I hope you all get what you deserve in the playoffs. If not, I bet they are real proud of you.

Sir....They do have kids on the team. Their the ones that DON'T see the field and just occupied the sidelines in uniform and cheer on their team. Confusednicker: