3. Morgan Co.

4. Belfry

[b]5. Clay Co.

[/b]6. Somerset

7. Perry Central

8. Pineville

9. Bell Co.

10. Southwestern
Wheres the 57th district at in this pole. Are they not competitive enough to be in it?
Belfry is too high..I think the only teams Belfry could beat on there is Perry Central which Belfry beat once by 7 and lost by 19 to..and Southwestern would probably be a good game...
BELFY is way overrated in this poll, there not even the 4th best in the region
"coacher_06" Wrote:Wheres the 57th district at in this pole. Are they not competitive enough to be in it?
nope
"HomeGrown" Wrote:BELFY is way overrated in this poll, there not even the 4th best in the region

Well, look at Belfry's record. We have 5 total losses, that is better than anyone else in the region including Paintsville & Johnson Central.....

FYI, its spelled B-E-L-F-R-Y
belfry shouldnt be on the list
sf won the all a they should b on it
"#7" Wrote:belfry shouldnt be on the list

I would love to hear some reasoning behind your post.

:moon:
"WILDMAN#14" Wrote:sf won the all a they should b on it

They have also lost 11 games.
"BelfryJustice" Wrote:I would love to hear some reasoning behind your post.

:moon:

I'll say they should probably be on the list but at 9th or 10th
belfry shouldnt be ranked the high
[QUOTE]Belfry is too high..I think the only teams Belfry could beat on there is Perry Central which Belfry beat once by 7 and lost by 19 to..and Southwestern would probably be a good game...

Belfry also beat Morgan Co. earlier in the season maybe Morgan Co is ranked too high. Not to mention they only lost to Madison Central by 7 when they should have won that game and, they did beat South Laurel by two. I don't understand why everyone else is complaining just because Belfry is the only team in the 15th Region in the top 10. And I don't think there is any other team thats even deserving to be in it. So until Belfry is knocked off again I believe every needs to respect them and quit hating. BELFRY is 4-REAL and a force to be reckoned with.
"alfus21" Wrote:Belfry is too high..I think the only teams Belfry could beat on there is Perry Central which Belfry beat once by 7 and lost by 19 to..and Southwestern would probably be a good game...

They also beat the #3 team by 2 on a neutral floor. They are where they should be.
Alfus,

Nice to see you posting about Belfry again this year. You provided motivation for last year's team with your pre-season comments. At least you would probably agree that Belfry is not "at the bottom of the barrel" like you said they would be last year. The Mountain Top Ten means nothing when you look at the overall scheme of things in the 15th Region...but comments from posters like yourself seem to find their way to the bulletin board in the lockerroom. Last year's team wanted to send you a thank you card but they couldn't find an address. Maybe they will send you one this year..:thumb: I realize that no one outside the 57th district is supposed to be able to play at all. According to most posters on here, the region is already decided with Paintsville and Johnson Central meeting in the finals..just like last year!!:big grin: Also, looks like the mighty Wildcats from SV might be a little closer to the bottom of the barrel than Belfry is.
"HomeGrown" Wrote:BELFY is way overrated in this poll, there not even the 4th best in the region

Agree 110%
"Hoops Lover" Wrote:Alfus,

Nice to see you posting about Belfry again this year. You provided motivation for last year's team with your pre-season comments. At least you would probably agree that Belfry is not "at the bottom of the barrel" like you said they would be last year. The Mountain Top Ten means nothing when you look at the overall scheme of things in the 15th Region...but comments from posters like yourself seem to find their way to the bulletin board in the lockerroom. Last year's team wanted to send you a thank you card but they couldn't find an address. Maybe they will send you one this year..:thumb: I realize that no one outside the 57th district is supposed to be able to play at all. According to most posters on here, the region is already decided with Paintsville and Johnson Central meeting in the finals..just like last year!!:big grin: Also, looks like the mighty Wildcats from SV might be a little closer to the bottom of the barrel than Belfry is.

I wasn't talking about last year, and I was by no means bashing Belfry by saying they were too high but that's just my opinion in the matter...

But while we're on the subject what exactly did I provide motivation for? They didn't win the district, and they didn't win the region...Plus they lost 10 games?? Am I missing something here? Why in the world did they want to send me a thank you card when they had no reason to do such thing?

I don't know what you mean by saying "just like last year", and something you need to realize is that I never talk about Shelby Valley or say that they're good...So by saying anything about SV you're not bothering me at all, because the last few seasons have been reason enough to keep me happy for a couple more years...
Your comment last year was "Belfry will go to the bottom of the barrel in basketball" ...You are correct..they didn't win the district nor the region...but they went from 11-17 to 18-10...and they were in the regional finals...the point I was making was they were FAR from the bottom of the barrel as you so eloquently put it. A question for you...have you seen all of the other 9 teams in the top ten play?? If so, give us a quick breakdown of each.
"Hoops Lover" Wrote:Your comment last year was "Belfry will go to the bottom of the barrel in basketball" ...You are correct..they didn't win the district nor the region...but they went from 11-17 to 18-10...and they were in the regional finals...the point I was making was they were FAR from the bottom of the barrel as you so eloquently put it. A question for you...have you seen all of the other 9 teams in the top ten play?? If so, give us a quick breakdown of each.

Well if they wanted to send me a thank you letter for that, then that's sad...I've not seen them play, but I just know that Belfry's 5 losses equally weigh out all the good wins...Losing to Letcher Central twice is awful, losing to East Ridge 70-47 is terrible, and losing to Perry Central by 19 despite beating them earlier in the year...The other loss to Madison is understandable but still a loss...I think Morgan is overrated in the Top 10 too but I'll leave it at that..I think they are deserving of the top 10 in the WYMT, but I just honestly believe that any other team would beat them right now, and that's not as much of a knock on Belfry as it is the 15th as a whole...The 15th is pitiful..
[QUOTE="Charlie"]
Quote: BELFRY is 4-REAL and a force to be reckoned with.

Yea, just ask East Ridge....
leslie county should be on the list before perry central after pcc taking a lost to leslie by 1 point!!!!!
The 13th region is tough with 5 of the top 10 in the mountains
"bevinsville_bomber" Wrote:[QUOTE="Charlie"]

Yea, just ask East Ridge....

The East Ridge game was a fluke, Belfry had already beat them once. They wouldnt loose again... And to the person to say Belfry isn't even the 4th best team in the region is crazy... Who in the region is so much better than them. I for one have had a chance to see all the regions team play and I haven't seen anyone better than Belfry... It is just time for all of you Belfry haters to start realizing Belfry is going to start beating everyone in the region in more than just football...
"piratefaithful" Wrote:[QUOTE="bevinsville_bomber"]

The East Ridge game was a fluke, Belfry had already beat them once. They wouldnt loose again... And to the person to say Belfry isn't even the 4th best team in the region is crazy... Who in the region is so much better than them. I for one have had a chance to see all the regions team play and I haven't seen anyone better than Belfry... It is just time for all of you Belfry haters to start realizing Belfry is going to start beating everyone in the region in more than just football...

Belfry is definatly one of the tops in the 15th, but I don't think they're running away with it or anything...Pike Central, Prestonsburg, Johnson Central, Paintsville, South Floyd, and others all have great chances of winning the region....

And give credit where it's due...East Ridge spanked Belfry...A 70-47 win isn't a fluke...
barbourville should have move down after the all a
"piratefaithful" Wrote:[QUOTE="bevinsville_bomber"]

Nice Post......
"alfus21" Wrote:[QUOTE="piratefaithful"]

Belfry is definatly one of the tops in the 15th, but I don't think they're running away with it or anything...Pike Central, Prestonsburg, Johnson Central, Paintsville, South Floyd, and others all have great chances of winning the region....

And give credit where it's due...East Ridge spanked Belfry...A 70-47 win isn't a fluke...

Maynard and Case both had horrible games, if they both would of had their average games Belfry would have won by 10+, I'm not making excuses, East Ridge Beat us fair and square but I would bet a million dollars it wouldnt happen again...