Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bellevue has their coach
from http://cincinnati.com/blogs/preps/2011/0...all-coach/

Mike Croley has been named the new head football coach at Bellevue, according to the school.
Croley has been a head coach at Owen County and Grant County before becoming an assistant at Scott County, where he has been since 2001.
Croley is the 24th head football coach at Bellevue.
News release from school:
Bellevue High School is proud to announcement the hiring of its 24th Head Football Coach. Mr. Mike Croley has been hired by Athletic Director Nick Wilson and Site Based Decision Making Council.
“I feel that we have hired the best candidate for our football program. Our search for the next head coach was a very long process, but I know that we have found the right guy for Bellevue football. Coach Croley is someone that understands the tradition here, has many years of experience as a head coach and assistant, and is someone that we believe can bring continued success to our program,” said Nick Wilson.
Coach Croley has been a head coach at Owen Co. and Grant Co. before becoming an assistant coach under Coach Jim McKee at Scott Co., where he has been since 2001. After accepting the position at Bellevue Coach Croley had this to say, “It is an honor and a privilege to be the next head football coach at Bellevue High School. I’ve always recognized Bellevue as a proud community steeped in great football tradition. There are only a few head coaching jobs that could have piqued my interest at this stage in my life, and Bellevue was the only one I applied for. The administration has been fantastic throughout the entire process and I’m humbled by their confidence in me. I’m anxious to get started and see what we can do. “

:Clap:Welcome to Northern Kentucky coach
I wish him well
Congratulations coach
Congrads Mike, I plan on seeing you play this year
http://nky.cincinnati.com/article/AB/201...RONTPAGE|s

Bellevue football coach Mike Croley considered giving up coaching in about four or five years and perhaps retiring from teaching, too.
But the challenge of being a head coach again at a school with significant tradition like Bellevue changed his mind.
That's why Croley, who had been an assistant coach at Class 6A Scott County the last 10 seasons, applied for the job following the resignation of Russ Shearer.
"I was pretty much entertaining the idea of just sticking around as an assistant for a few more years and then retiring all together, but then I was surfing around the Internet and saw the opening at Bellevue and decided to look at that," said Croley, 47. "I had a great time at Scott County and we had a lot of success, but this just seemed like something I would really love to do."
Croley, who was a head coach at Owen County at 25, and also coached at Grant County, said he understands the challenges of Class A football, especially in a district that includes state powerhouse Beechwood.
"We eventually want to get where Beechwood sees on the schedule that they realize it's going to be a war," said Croley. "Rome wasn't built in a day."
He's hoping the Wing-T offense that includes some options, and a hard-nosed defense will be the difference makers.
"When I was at Owen and Grant and we played Bellevue, we found out those Bellevue kids were tough as nails," he said. "They had a grit I always admired and thought if I ever got my hands on a group like that it would be fun.
"As far as the Wing-T goes, it allows a lot of flexibility in personnel. One year you might have big offensive linemen and the next year scrawny linemen and big backs. It gives you the ability to adjust to that. It's a hard offense to prepare against."
The biggest challenge facing Croley now is hiring assistant coaches. He said he needs a defensive coordinator and, "two young guys willing to learn."
nky Wrote:http://nky.cincinnati.com/article/AB/201...RONTPAGE|s

Bellevue football coach Mike Croley considered giving up coaching in about four or five years and perhaps retiring from teaching, too.
But the challenge of being a head coach again at a school with significant tradition like Bellevue changed his mind.
That's why Croley, who had been an assistant coach at Class 6A Scott County the last 10 seasons, applied for the job following the resignation of Russ Shearer.
"I was pretty much entertaining the idea of just sticking around as an assistant for a few more years and then retiring all together, but then I was surfing around the Internet and saw the opening at Bellevue and decided to look at that," said Croley, 47. "I had a great time at Scott County and we had a lot of success, but this just seemed like something I would really love to do."
Croley, who was a head coach at Owen County at 25, and also coached at Grant County, said he understands the challenges of Class A football, especially in a district that includes state powerhouse Beechwood.
"We eventually want to get where Beechwood sees on the schedule that they realize it's going to be a war," said Croley. "Rome wasn't built in a day."
He's hoping the Wing-T offense that includes some options, and a hard-nosed defense will be the difference makers.
"When I was at Owen and Grant and we played Bellevue, we found out those Bellevue kids were tough as nails," he said. "They had a grit I always admired and thought if I ever got my hands on a group like that it would be fun.
"As far as the Wing-T goes, it allows a lot of flexibility in personnel. One year you might have big offensive linemen and the next year scrawny linemen and big backs. It gives you the ability to adjust to that. It's a hard offense to prepare against."
The biggest challenge facing Croley now is hiring assistant coaches. He said he needs a defensive coordinator and, "two young guys willing to learn."

looks like he'll bring some experience to the table. Again goodluck coach