Poll: What Republican Would You Vote For In 2012?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mitt Romney
25.00%
Mike Huckabee
25.00%
Donald Trump
12.50%
Sarah Palin
25.00%
Rand Paul?
12.50%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Republican Would You Vote For In 2012?
How about
David Petraeus
Newt Gingrich
Bobby Jindal
Charlie Crist
Michelle Bachmann
Tim Pawlenty
and the underdog
Condoleezza Rice

Bobby Jindal of all of the names out there I find him the most interesting
Beetle01 Wrote:None of them.

I would vote for Hillary Clinton over any of them. Thats saying something there.

I know this is going to seem smart aleck and I really don't intend for it to be so. But, I have to ask the question. Besides being Bill Clinton's cuckoled wife what has she ever done to deserve all the accolades? I mean, sometime during Bill's presidency the ultra liberal think tank just started declaring her worthy of high public office right out of the blue. I remember it happening. The adoring media arm of the democratic political machine, the mainstream media, followed her and Tipper Gore around seizing upon every possible photo op and declared the two of them " smart, sexy and tough as nails."

I know I'm not the only one that has been totally unempressed with her performance as Sec of State. I know you're being a little facetious but, could you really live with her in the oval office? That would be like saying Einsteins' wife could build an A bomb or explain E=mc2.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:I know this is going to seem smart aleck and I really don't intend for it to be so. But, I have to ask the question. Besides being Bill Clinton's cuckoled wife what has she ever done to deserve all the accolades? I mean, sometime during Bill's presidency the ultra liberal think tank just started declaring her worthy of high public office right out of the blue. I remember it happening. The adoring media arm of the democratic political machine, the mainstream media, followed her and Tipper Gore around seizing upon every possible photo op and declared the two of them " smart, sexy and tough as nails."

I know I'm not the only one that has been totally unempressed with her performance as Sec of State. I know you're being a little facetious but, could you really live with her in the oval office? That would be like saying Einsteins' wife could build an A bomb or explain E=mc2.
:Thumbs: :Clap: You are selling Hillary a little short. She did an excellent job of damage control during her husband's two terms. The work that she did with coordinating cover-up actions and intimidation tactics kept a lid on Bill's sexual harassment in the workplace. Had it not been for Hillary and **** Morris, Bill would have been a one term flop of a president. In that single area, she is as qualified as anyone in history to be president.
I like Rand Paul, but honestly, whoever runs against the Dems in 2012 will get my vote, so its basically a moot point, lol..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gary Johnson
former governor of New Mexico has thrown his hat into the ring.
He's an interesting person from his website:
[FONT=2fa7c7601357df341796a718#580a00]Governor Johnson brings a distinctly business-like mentality to governing, believing that decisions should be made based on cost-benefit analysis rather than strict ideology.[/FONT]
[FONT=2fa7c7601357df341796a718#580a00]An avid skier, adventurer, and bicyclist, he has currently reached four of the highest peaks on all seven continents, including Mt. Everest.[/FONT]
http://www.garyjohnson2012.com/
Right now I'm leaning toward Trump. I'm so tired of the rhetoric and the lying. I might change my mind but I'd rather have a guy in there that you had at least some measure confidence you were hearing the truth. I'm talking about a person who, warts and all, would put America first. No minority agenda, no hidden agenda, no closet full of extreme left wing buddies waiting for a cabinet post or a czar job.

I know he's changed his position on some things but, he's on the right side of every issue that I've heard him talk about. No mealy mouthed, middle of the road, double speaking guile, have I heard him utter to date. Our system of checks and balances will keep him from doing anything too obtuse until he gets his feet on the ground. And, like it or not, he's no where near the novice that Obama is even as we speak. Added to that is the surety that he will surround himself with the best people available to help him govern. His experience running large business means he will fill cabinet posts and hit the ground running if elected. At any rate, I can more readily trust a man who has learned and turned away from the dark side. Many times it is only then that a man has truly chosen out of experience and conviction. Life is journey of revelation and enlightenment to the man who thinks for himself. While politics is an endless pit of quicksand. It's time for truth to rule while liberal ideology goes to the backwaters of debate where it belongs.

He wouldn't have any reluctance to carve out the waste in government. I think one must be a man of conviction and courage to lead. On one hand these days the politician says they are there to do the will of the American people and, on the other if one believes the polls, as many as 70% oppose those same policies. Carl Rove and corps, might as well accept the legitimacy of Trump's run for office. Rove is pushing for a Republican out the establisment hatchery but, unless they can do better I'll vote Trump. It will take a viable candidate to win against Obama. And anybody who thinks Mr O can't win again in 2012 is kidding themself.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Newt seems to be the closest thing to a statesman. He's my pick for now, then Trump.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Newt seems to be the closest thing to a statesman. He's my pick for now, then Trump.

I could live with Newt. I worry that he will fall prey to the democratic propaganda machine. Just as labeling works in the schoolyard, the labeling ploy has worked very well for democrats in recent years. For example, the term right wing extremist is practically an oxymoron. Right wing ideals are nothing more than the traditional views on which our society was built. The truth is that right wing tradition is in fact our national heritage. But, the mouth full of guile can make that seem to be a bad thing. In Gingrich's case there will be accusations of his predilection for lying and divisive tactics. In my view he isn't lily white but, unlike Sec of Treas Geithner for example, he at least has paid his taxes. Don't get me wrong I do not believe Newt is guilty of any real wrong doing but, he will be accused of illegal activity. Another favorite tactic of the dems is the red herring, they know he's worthy of the office so they will start enough fires so as to derail his campaign.

The fact is whoever runs for president on the republican ticket will be harranged by the left. Lying is ok if you're a democrat you see. Nothing is too outrageous a charge to level against those republican dogs.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:I could live with Newt. I worry that he will fall prey to the democratic propaganda machine. Just as labeling works in the schoolyard, the labeling ploy has worked very well for democrats in recent years. For example, the term right wing extremist is practically an oxymoron. Right wing ideals are nothing more than the traditional views on which our society was built. The truth is that right wing tradition is in fact our national heritage. But, the mouth full of guile can make that seem to be a bad thing. In Gingrich's case there will be accusations of his predilection for lying and divisive tactics. In my view he isn't lily white but, unlike Sec of Treas Geithner for example, he at least has paid his taxes. Don't get me wrong I do not believe Newt is guilty of any real wrong doing but, he will be accused of illegal activity. Another favorite tactic of the dems is the red herring, they know he's worthy of the office so they will start enough fires so as to derail his campaign.

The fact is whoever runs for president on the republican ticket will be harranged by the left. Lying is ok if you're a democrat you see. Nothing is too outrageous a charge to level against those republican dogs.
If Jesus Christ returned to run for POTUS...The dems would re-crucify him with no hesitation at all.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:If Jesus Christ returned to run for POTUS...The dems would re-crucify him with no hesitation at all.

Does seem likely doesn't it? IMO this country likely could not be brought down by forces from without. But, we can surely fall by forces from within. The impasse which has come to characterize both houses of government has been brought on by hatred. This hate is manifested by the uncivilized rhetoric and finger pointing which I believe emminates mostly from the left. Those who would challenge me on that may want to call up even one speech our president has made since his inauguration that doesn't castigate George W or the republicans at some point. It's very difficult to accept a reality in which none of our senators and congressmen can see how destructive this verbal warfare could ultimately turn out to be.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]