Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KY 2011 Preseason Top 10 Ranking?
I am interested in how ky football followers would rank the top ten prep teams for the upcoming 2011 season. Regardless of A class.

Here is my guess right now. Im pretty confident from Boyle up.
The bottom half is more of a guess from last years results.

1 TRINITY
2 HIGHLANDS
3 ST. XAVIER
4 MALE
5 RYLE
6 BOYLE CO
7 JOHNSON CENTRAL
8 SIMON KENTON
9 DUPONT MANUAL
10 BOWLING GREEN

HONORABLE MENTION: MAYFIELD and CENTRAL
birdman44 Wrote:i am interested in how ky football followers would rank the top ten prep teams for the upcoming 2011 season. Regardless of a class.

Here is my guess right now. Im pretty confident from boyle up.

1 trinity
2 highlands
3 st. Xavier
4 male
5 ryle
6 boyle co
7 johnson central
8 simon kenton
9 dupont manual
10 bowling green

honorable mention: Mayfield and central

id like to know how johnson central gets even on the top 10 list
SCHS#70 Wrote:id like to know how johnson central gets even on the top 10 list

Based on the disclaimer given that it was based on last year's results, I think it is justified somewhat. JC gave Boyle and Highlands (both of whom went on to win state championships) all they could handle during the regular season.

However, with the players JC lost I wouldn't put them in the top 10. Yeah Jude is back and the kid is a flat out player, but with losing Bratton, Hall, Owsley and some good O and D linemen, JC is really going to have to reload. As I recall they had a pretty small squad last year. I understand that in spring ball they had a lot more kids on the roster, but if those additions are primarily sophomores to be, I think they'll be too young to have the type of season that merits a top 10 ranking. Maybe I'm wrong and they'll have the number of seniors and juniors needed to reload with to make them a strong contender. But if they have to reload with a bunch of sophomores, it will be really, really difficult for them in my opinion.

I hope they do have a very strong team this year because I've really enjoyed the rivalry that has developed between Highlands and JC over the past 3 years and hope they get to match up again this year in the playoffs.
birdman44 Wrote:I am interested in how ky football followers would rank the top ten prep teams for the upcoming 2011 season. Regardless of A class.

1 TRINITY
2 HIGHLANDS
3 ST. XAVIER
4 MALE
5 RYLE
6 BOYLE CO
7 JOHNSON CENTRAL
8 SIMON KENTON
9 DUPONT MANUAL
10 BOWLING GREEN

the only thing i would change is swapping Central and SK. other than that i think its good
SCHS#70 Wrote:id like to know how johnson central gets even on the top 10 list

I think we see Simon Kenton dropping significantly from where they were the past two years; not going to be in the top 10
JC's ranking must be based on last years results i dont think i will look for them up there this year but i could be wrong.
Dashiprock Wrote:JC's ranking must be based on last years results i dont think i will look for them up there this year but i could be wrong.

I COMPLETELY AGREE THEY LOST TO MUCH TALENT :please:
SCHS#70 Wrote:I COMPLETELY AGREE THEY LOST TO MUCH TALENT :please:

Honestly SCHS its hard telling what ole Matney has up his sleeve.. you can almost bet opponents D is going to be based solidly on stopping Jude.
Dashiprock Wrote:Honestly SCHS its hard telling what ole Matney has up his sleeve.. you can almost bet opponents D is going to be based solidly on stopping Jude.

You're exactly right. Easier said than done but if you stop JJ Jude then you have a chance at beating Jonhson Central. He does it both sides of ball too and he is just as good, if not better on defense. Also, like you, I am not ready to call them a top 10 team.
birdman44 Wrote:I am interested in how ky football followers would rank the top ten prep teams for the upcoming 2011 season. Regardless of A class.

1 TRINITY
2 HIGHLANDS
3 ST. XAVIER
4 MALE
5 RYLE
6 BOYLE CO
7 JOHNSON CENTRAL
8 SIMON KENTON
9 DUPONT MANUAL
10 BOWLING GREEN

Ryle will probably finish 3rd or 4th in their district. Dixie, Campbell, Ryle/SK, then Boone last. Ryle lost a ton from last year.
sstack Wrote:I think we see Simon Kenton dropping significantly from where they were the past two years; not going to be in the top 10

I don't get it, how are they even considered a top 10 team? They lost too much over the past two years
Ryle still has that horse in the backfield and never has problems getting some decent lineman. Can anyone from Ryle tell me if that free safety returns this season. He was my favorite player to watch in all of Northern Kentucky.
Yeah, I know my predictions are terrible after Trinity, Highlands, St. X, etc... I was wanting to hear what teams y'all thought were the top 10...
SK has a lot of good players returning and if Trey Pinkleton plays QB he will be hard to stop he is very athletic and fast. He is their best player.
nptb17 Wrote:Ryle still has that horse in the backfield and never has problems getting some decent lineman. Can anyone from Ryle tell me if that free safety returns this season. He was my favorite player to watch in all of Northern Kentucky.

The safety is Smith number 13 he returns and will play WR to. Ryle returns some good lineman so Elliot will have a Mr. Football year he gets my vote.
Yes in order forthem to make even a decent run jj will have to bring his A+ game very game.. The oline and dine is were the magic happends.. I played against their o line.. And si fairly well.. But their lead blocker owsley was big a fast for his size .. And blocked well... Even with the blocker in order to break run jj had to make 3 or 4 guys miss to score.. Now his will have to make 5 or 6 miss to break one.. Not saying the only way they will win is if he can break them.. But in better opponents it's a heck of an option to have.. It won't matter if he dose anyway.. The reason they aren't elite contenders is a weak passing game.. As much as most mountain teams.. If they can just get 3 or 4 players out of the box .. It changes a lot of factors nthe game.. But that's all onthier team
Nope the safety was number 26 and he does not return. He had 4 int last season against Highlands alone.
Sc54 Wrote:Yes in order forthem to make even a decent run jj will have to bring his A+ game very game.. The oline and dine is were the magic happends.. I played against their o line.. And si fairly well.. But their lead blocker owsley was big a fast for his size .. And blocked well... Even with the blocker in order to break run jj had to make 3 or 4 guys miss to score.. Now his will have to make 5 or 6 miss to break one.. Not saying the only way they will win is if he can break them.. But in better opponents it's a heck of an option to have.. It won't matter if he dose anyway.. The reason they aren't elite contenders is a weak passing game.. As much as most mountain teams.. If they can just get 3 or 4 players out of the box .. It changes a lot of factors nthe game.. But that's all onthier team

You dont think we dont have any talent coming up? Have you checked the JV, freshmen and middle school records the last 3 or 4 years?
No it's not that they aren't talented.. It are they varsity ready.. It is a big jump from jv to varsity.. The younger guys vs sum veterans from other teams can be a little different.. I'm just saying are they mentally ready.. Idk them personally so I am wondering if they can handle the mental aspect of the stepping up.. If so then they will be good.. But that's up to that person not me or u.. That's all I'm saying
Now that practices are only a few weeks from starting:

1. Louisville Trinity
2. Highlands
3. Louisville Male
4. Louisville St. Xavier
5. Ryle
6. Boyle County
7. Louisville Central
8. Lexington Catholic
9. Johnson Central
t10. Bowling Green
t10. Mayfield