Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Ten Wrestlers of the Past 50 Years.
Who are the best wrestlers of the past 50 years?

1961-2011 who are the ten best.

Please don't list anyone that started BEFORE 1960. We don't need a list filled with Lou Thesz and Buddy Rogers. Feel free to start another topic for Pre-1960 wrestlers. I'll comment as well. I am trying to get a list from the somewhat-modern era.
Im not old enough to remember to far back but ill give it a shot.
I dont like all of these wrestlers but i believe theyve had the biggest impact on wrestling.
1.Hulk Hogan
2.Andre The Giant
3.Ric Flair
4.Bret Hart
5.Undertaker
6.Shawn Michaels
7.Stone Cold
8.Rock
9.Iron Sheik
10. Warrior

Im sure someone can come up with better but this is just a list since ive been watching which is like early 90s till present.
LWC Wrote:Who are the best wrestlers of the past 50 years?

1961-2011 who are the ten best.

Please don't list anyone that started BEFORE 1960. We don't need a list filled with Lou Thesz and Buddy Rogers. Feel free to start another topic for Pre-1960 wrestlers. I'll comment as well. I am trying to get a list from the somewhat-modern era.

LWC, let's try to put some structure to this? What do you mean by top wrestler? Is this fan favorite-charesmatic poll; technical; revenue generating; or personal favorites?

I don't think you can mix, i.e. Benoit & Dean Malenko would be at the top for technical, but did not draw a dollar. Verne Gagne may have been the greatest technical wrestler of our time, but no one outside of AWA knew of him. Hulk Hogan is the #3 money generating wrestler of all-time, but could not wrestle his way out of a wet paperbag.
Dusty, use whatever category you wish. I didn't want to confuse the average wrestling fan. A guy like Kurt Angle and Randy Savage had it all but make the list however you wish. I have a separate thread for personal favorites.

If you want, do a list of technical and mic skills or something. However you want, it's your list.