Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Five (Personal) Favorite Wrestlers of the past 50 years.
This list should be your personal favorites, not trying to rank the best by accomplishments or anything.

Your list could be:
1. Lance Storm
2. Lash Leroux
3. Oz
4. Boogieman
5. The Undertaker

Just who is your personal favorite (In case you didn't know, the above are NOT my favorites.)
1. The Ultimate Warrior
2.Goldberg
3.Rock
4.Stone Cold
5.hornswaggle lol

Edge is my favorite wrestler right now. Hes not built up to much like many of the others are
Bolt Wrote:1. The Ultimate Warrior
2.Goldberg
3.Rock
4.Stone Cold
5.hornswaggle lol

Edge is my favorite wrestler right now. Hes not built up to much like many of the others are

I do not remember it extremely well but the Ultimate Warrior was destined for greatness. In Canada, if nowhere else, he was just as big as Hogan at one point.
1. The Rock
2. Triple H
3. Stone Cold
4. Shawn Michaels
5. Randy Orton
LWC Wrote:I do not remember it extremely well but the Ultimate Warrior was destined for greatness. In Canada, if nowhere else, he was just as big as Hogan at one point.

Yea i agree. He was huge in the wwc at one point and it seemed like one day he was just gone.
Bolt Wrote:Yea i agree. He was huge in the wwc at one point and it seemed like one day he was just gone.

There is/was a WWC company, but did you mean Ted Turner's WCW World Championship Wrestling? If not, it's okay.
The Rock

Shawn Michaels

"Macho Man" Randy Savage

Bret "The Hitman" Hart

Stone Cold Steve Austin
Since we are going by personal favorite wrestlers. I have to preface this by saying I am only going by what I like, not counting titles, wins, sales, crowd pop, etc... Just my personal preference:

1. Kurt Angle
2. Chris Benoit
3. Bret Hart
4. Dean Malenko
5. Taz
If this is for the top five that I marked out for, then it would have to be:

1. Dusty Rhodes (was there any question to that one?)
2. Magnum TA
3. Jushin Thunder Liger
4. Great Muta
5. Andre the Giant

Honorable Mention: Stone Cold, Roddy Piper, Ric Flair, Bradshaw, Kerry Von Erich, The Patriot, The Rock, (ahh, it's too long to list)

But those are the top five that I would look for every weekend and if they were on the card, I was watching.
Personal Favorites
1. HBK
2. Chris Jericho
3. Ric Flair
4. Stone Cold
5. The Rock
6. Kurt Angle
7. Randy Savage
8. Owen Hart
9. Ultimate Warrior
10. AJ Styles
LWC Wrote:There is/was a WWC company, but did you mean Ted Turner's WCW World Championship Wrestling? If not, it's okay.

Yea i meant the wwc of old with nitro and all of that. I was actually a bigger fan of wcw with the nwo and goldberg and all that than i ever was of the wwe
LWC Wrote:Since we are going by personal favorite wrestlers. I have to preface this by saying I am only going by what I like, not counting titles, wins, sales, crowd pop, etc... Just my personal preference:

1. Kurt Angle
2. Chris Benoit
3. Bret Hart
4. Dean Malenko
5. Taz

I bet you were quite the fan of the four horsemen in the WCW with benoit and malenko. who were the other two? I believe flair was in that but i cant remember.

Sting was another huge wrestler back in the day before his downfall to tna.
Bolt Wrote:I bet you were quite the fan of the four horsemen in the WCW with benoit and malenko. who were the other two? I believe flair was in that but i cant remember.

Sting was another huge wrestler back in the day before his downfall to tna.

If I remember correctly, Steve Mongo McMichael, Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Chris Benoit and Dean Malenko....and Debra.

I loved that group. Not so much Mongo but if I could have one group to root for in a Survivor Series match, I would take Ric, Arn, Benoit and Malenko. I could happily watch them wrestle every day. They epitomize technical wrestling! Others like Angle and Liger were great, but I am referring to a stable.

I don't care who disagrees but Arn Anderson might have had the best Spine-buster ever! Too bad his wrestling career was too short.
1. Macho Man Randy Savage
2. The Warlord
3. Tully Blanchard
4. Hawk
5. Buddy Rose
Westside Wrote:1. Macho Man Randy Savage
2. The Warlord
3. Tully Blanchard
4. Hawk
5. Buddy Rose

The Warlord! I haven't heard/seen that name in a long time.
1. Andre the Giant
2. Dusty Rhodes
3. Junk Yard Dog
4. The Rock
5. The Road Warriors
Speaking of Dusty Rhodes, I forgot to say, "Oh, if ya will"
1) Stone Cold

2) Triple H

3) Undertaker

4) The Rock

5) Suicide
1. Ric Flair
2. Shawn Michaels
3. Kurt Angle
4. Chris Benoit
5. The Rock
LWC Wrote:If I remember correctly, Steve Mongo McMichael, Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Chris Benoit and Dean Malenko....and Debra.

I loved that group. Not so much Mongo but if I could have one group to root for in a Survivor Series match, I would take Ric, Arn, Benoit and Malenko. I could happily watch them wrestle every day. They epitomize technical wrestling! Others like Angle and Liger were great, but I am referring to a stable.

I don't care who disagrees but Arn Anderson might have had the best Spine-buster ever! Too bad his wrestling career was too short.

When i remember it there was benoit, malenko, arn, and flair.

I watched the rise and fall of WCW last night on netflix instant que.
IT WAS AMAZING.
SD and LWC you all would enjoy it.
It goes back all the way from when it was regional and goes throew the years talking about the different managers and bookies they had all the way up to bischoff and russo.
Dusty Rhodes, Hulk, Magnum, Goldberg and many others are talking about it throughout the entire show.
I did not know Dusty Rhodes played as much of a part in the start of that but i hes a great min d when it comes to it. It even showed the NWO start and stuff as well as the different horrible bookies they had.
What surprised me was the fact that kevin nash played a huge part in the destruction of the WCW. I didnt know he was one of the last bookies and the reason goldbergs streak ended as it was his idea.
Russo was probably the biggest mistake as it finally pushed them all the way under and i never saw the show where hogan cussed him out on stage and told him it was the reason the wcw was going under right on live television.
If you all havent seen you should watch it i know SD will like it cause Dusty Rhodes talks in it more than anybody.
Westside Wrote:1. Macho Man Randy Savage
2. The Warlord
3. Tully Blanchard
4. Hawk
5. Buddy Rose

Mankind
Bolt Wrote:When i remember it there was benoit, malenko, arn, and flair.

I watched the rise and fall of WCW last night on netflix instant que.
IT WAS AMAZING.
SD and LWC you all would enjoy it.
It goes back all the way from when it was regional and goes throew the years talking about the different managers and bookies they had all the way up to bischoff and russo.
Dusty Rhodes, Hulk, Magnum, Goldberg and many others are talking about it throughout the entire show.
I did not know Dusty Rhodes played as much of a part in the start of that but i hes a great min d when it comes to it. It even showed the NWO start and stuff as well as the different horrible bookies they had.
What surprised me was the fact that kevin nash played a huge part in the destruction of the WCW. I didnt know he was one of the last bookies and the reason goldbergs streak ended as it was his idea.
Russo was probably the biggest mistake as it finally pushed them all the way under and i never saw the show where hogan cussed him out on stage and told him it was the reason the wcw was going under right on live television.
If you all havent seen you should watch it i know SD will like it cause Dusty Rhodes talks in it more than anybody.

I have seen it. It's amazing how it literally looked like that the former WWF guys went there to destroy the company. It's a shame, because it has now hurt wrestling immeasurably. Until TNA can be a legitimate competitive product, the WWE will go through the stale stages.
Stardust Wrote:I have seen it. It's amazing how it literally looked like that the former WWF guys went there to destroy the company. It's a shame, because it has now hurt wrestling immeasurably. Until TNA can be a legitimate competitive product, the WWE will go through the stale stages.

Thats exactly what i was thinking as the WWF guys all seemed to be the problem.
With Hall and Nash it made things so much worse, but theyll never be another like Russo who i think was doing whatever Vince told him.

BTW, thats some narley scars on dustys forehead lol, must be from the cutting and bleeding all those years.
1. Randy Orton
2. The Rock
3. Kurt Angle
4. Edge
5. Triple H
1. Tully Blanchard
2. Ric Flair
3. Dusty Rhodes
4. Arn Anderson
5. Goldberg (WCW)
Hon. Mention- Rowdy Roddy Piper (Hot Rod, the bad guy from the 80s, not the 90s sellout), Barry Windham, Greg "The Hammer" Valentine, Terry Funk, Wahoo McDaniel..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bruno Samartino
Hogan
Flair
Rock
Stone Cold
Bolt Wrote:Thats exactly what i was thinking as the WWF guys all seemed to be the problem.
With Hall and Nash it made things so much worse, but theyll never be another like Russo who i think was doing whatever Vince told him.

BTW, thats some narley scars on dustys forehead lol, must be from the cutting and bleeding all those years.

The old-school guys wore those scars with honor. You don't see the corn-rows on foreheads on the new guys. They are much better on letting the cuts completely heal and keeping them in the hairline.
Bolt Wrote:Thats exactly what i was thinking as the WWF guys all seemed to be the problem.

Those scares are from the beat downs Tully Blanchard gave him. :biggrin:
LWC Wrote:Since we are going by personal favorite wrestlers. I have to preface this by saying I am only going by what I like, not counting titles, wins, sales, crowd pop, etc... Just my personal preference:

1. Kurt Angle
2. Chris Benoit
3. Bret Hart
4. Dean Malenko
5. Taz

^ All "REAL" shoot wrestlers. These guys would have been successful in MMA in their prime.