Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dropping food on the floor Question...
If you drop food on the floor do you toss it out, or follow the five second rule?
BlueGrassGirl Wrote:If you drop food on the floor do you toss it out, or follow the five second rule?

Cooked or Uncooked????
well it just depends on what it is. and if the flor is clean or dirty, home or away.
depends on where im at if its a public place hell no if im at home it depends
I'm with Bat. Depends on the floor, how clean the floor is, and who the home belongs to.

If I am in public, definetly not but at a friend's or relative's house, it depends.
I dont waste food I like. Smile
It depends on the type of food and floor. With the right type of food and floor conditions I defer to the 10 second rule.
Depends on the floor and the food..
Say you drop a carmel candy that you already had in your mouth and had slober all over it into carpet, HELL no I wouldn't eat it but an M&M on a hardwood floor that looks clean, I would.
Johnny Ringo Wrote:It depends on the type of food and floor. With the right type of food and floor conditions I defer to the 10 second rule.
LOL 10 second rule..........
Johnny Ringo Wrote:It depends on the type of food and floor. With the right type of food and floor conditions I defer to the 10 second rule.

Are the germs slow in your part of town? lol
depends on where i am at ....
It depends on how hungry I am at the time and how long it would take to prepare another one!!!
thetribe Wrote:Are the germs slow in your part of town? lol
The germs aren't slow, times are hard and the money's tight. I'd steal food from a mouse right now.
Johnny Ringo Wrote:The germs aren't slow, times are hard and the money's tight. I'd steal food from a mouse right now.
LOL now that would be a challenge and a site to see...
For me it depends on how clean the floor is and the type of food I'm eating. If I drop candy or something here at my house I'll eat it because we have hardwood floors in all the rooms but 3.
Anyone watch Myth Busters? They did a segment on the 5 second rule. There were more bacteria grown on their sample after 5 seconds than if not dropped at all so Myth Busted
i toss it everytime
I'm with old school
I would just toss it away.
I would toss it.
Depends on where I am and what I'm eating
Johnny Ringo Wrote:The germs aren't slow, times are hard and the money's tight. I'd steal food from a mouse right now.

My money is on the mouse JR.
when i was a student at the UK i lived by the one hour rule.
Times were tight
I havent had a bubba cola in a many of day.
Doc Holliday Wrote:when i was a student at the UK i lived by the one hour rule.
Times were tight
I havent had a bubba cola in a many of day.

i love bubba cola ...

i loved that their diet cola was called DIET BUBBA ... isn't that an oxymoron in it's self ...
FOR ME IT DEPENDS UPON THE FOOD IN QUESTION. IF I HAPPEN TO DROP A STEAK IN THE FLOOR, IT IS A RACE BETWEEN ME AND THE DOG. HOT DOG...HE CAN HAVE IT. :CE_DP_Ste Confusedalute:
Hell yeah. I don't care where or what the place looks like. Food is hard to come by in foreign countries so why waste it here?
As long as whatever I dropped doesn't have any visible dirt or any such thing on it then I apply the 10 second rule also...unless it falls to a hard to reach place or rolls across the floor and I have to extend it to the 30 second rule.
5 second rule on most food
RANDALL FLAG Wrote:FOR ME IT DEPENDS UPON THE FOOD IN QUESTION. IF I HAPPEN TO DROP A STEAK IN THE FLOOR, IT IS A RACE BETWEEN ME AND THE DOG. HOT DOG...HE CAN HAVE IT. :CE_DP_Ste Confusedalute:

lol...