Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elzy looking forward to Lindsey Wilson
Collins senior Tavis Elzy is looking forward to continuing his football career, and his connection with his quarterback, at Lindsey Wilson College.

"It was just a matter of being the best fit for me," Elzy, a standout wide receiver for the Titans, said Saturday night after the John Hardin-Collins boys' basketball game. "It came down to Campbellsville (University) and Lindsey Wilson and Lindsey Wilson throws the ball 60 times a game like I'm used to."

Elzy plans to room with Collins classmate Branden Cresap at the NAIA school - which went 5-6 in its inaugural season in 2010 - in Columbia, Ky. in the fall.

Those two will join former Shelby County players Edwin Thomas and Matt Page, who recently completed their freshman seasons with the Blue Raiders.

"Already knowing some people there is going to make the adjustment to college life easier," Elzy said.

The two connected 74 times for 1,326 yards and 19 touchdowns this past season.

For his career at Collins and Shelby County high schools Elzy ranks in the Top 20 among the state's all-time receptions leaders with 151 and in the Top 25 among the state's all-time receiving yards leaders with 2,544 according to the Kentucky High School Athletic Association records.

"I'm just excited to go anywhere and take my game to the next level," said Elzy, who indicated that he'll likely major in Criminal Justice and a long-term goal of becoming a U.S. Marshall or chief of police.

http://www.sentinelnews.com/content/elzy...sey-wilson
Great Job L.W. Keeping our KY talent in Kentucky.....Play hard Travis for the BLUE RAIDERS!!!! Best of Luck