Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: #3 Boise State 33 #10 Virginia Tech 30
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Final.

Great game, fell short of what I picked it of 38-35, but I could care less! My 2nd favorite team beat my 3rd favorite team, I'm happy tonight.

Who else thought this game might get out of hand when Boise was up 17-0? I thought it might, but I also had a feeling that Coach Beamer would light a fire under their ***** and come back, and they did just that.

:rockon::biggrin:
Boise wins with under 2 mins left in the game.

Still don't know what VT was thinking on defense on Boise's last drive.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Boise wins with under 2 mins left in the game.

Still don't know what VT was thinking on defense on Boise's last drive.

I know man, you would think that Va Tech would definitely have their special teams and defense squared away, that's the staple of the program.

This is the best start to a season I've ever experienced, and I'm so freakin' excited! Look at week 2, probably one of the best Saturday's of college football ever! :Thumbs:

Get ready for a great season folks! :Clap:
Very entertaining game. This was pretty much a home game for Vtech yet Boise still pulls it out. I believe they are for real.
I hate it, only thing I liked about the game was VT uniforms.
Very exciting game...I know they lost but that play by Taylor to stay on his feet in the 4th was just sick.
I just cannot get over VT playing straight up man defense in the red zone.

Cover 2 or something there would have made that much more difficult for Kellen Moore, but he made that man defense look stupid.
Hate It, Join a real Conference.
All thats been talked about is Boise, Boise, Boise, honestly VT did not look that strong, and if it wasnt for there poor start they would have beat Boise. From what I saw i dont believe either of these teams could come close to Bama or Ohio State. What a shame it would be to see Boise in the national championship game over a one loss Bama. I'm hoping Bama can go undefeated so they can put a spankin on Boise if O. State loses a game.
Other than Oregon State, they play virtually nobody, I wish Kirk Herbstreit would go buy these guys a trophy and take em out to dinner since he is practically drooling over them.
I will admit Boises QB is pretty good, but who knows how good he really is, he played a very young VT defense and the rest of the year he will be playing some of the worst teams in college football.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:Very exciting game...I know they lost but that play by Taylor to stay on his feet in the 4th was just sick.

Mike Vick who? :biggrin:
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I just cannot get over VT playing straight up man defense in the red zone.

Cover 2 or something there would have made that much more difficult for Kellen Moore, but he made that man defense look stupid.

I agree.... You can't play a QB as talented as Kellen Moore like that
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:All thats been talked about is Boise, Boise, Boise, honestly VT did not look that strong, and if it wasnt for there poor start they would have beat Boise. From what I saw i dont believe either of these teams could come close to Bama or Ohio State. What a shame it would be to see Boise in the national championship game over a one loss Bama. I'm hoping Bama can go undefeated so they can put a spankin on Boise if O. State loses a game.
Other than Oregon State, they play virtually nobody, I wish Kirk Herbstreit would go buy these guys a trophy and take em out to dinner since he is practically drooling over them.
I will admit Boises QB is pretty good, but who knows how good he really is, he played a very young VT defense and the rest of the year he will be playing some of the worst teams in college football.

At the end of the game, the announcers was like no flag no flag.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:At the end of the game, the announcers was like no flag no flag.

I heard it too, everybody knows Kirk hates anything SEC and he hates that they keep winning.
Boises O Line would get dominated in SEC play with all of the very talented D lines in the SEC, I hope Oregon State can pull off the upset.
I dont like Boise St, never have. I hope they lose to Wyoming, Utah St, Nevada, Oregon St, Hawaii, and Frenso State and whoever else is on the schedule. I was hoping Vtech would win so we'll stop hearing the crap about BSU needs a shot at the National Champion every year. They play 1-2 good teams a year and the rest are very weak and they 12-0 and they should get a shot a the title.Play a SEC school for once than talk about a title!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I heard it too, everybody knows Kirk hates anything SEC and he hates that they keep winning.
Boises O Line would get dominated in SEC play with all of the very talented D lines in the SEC, I hope Oregon State can pull off the upset.

You and me both. I really think Hawaii can give them a game. They looked pretty good other night against USC even though they came up on the losing end.
Well if Boise State is so weak why don't an SEC or Big Ten play them. Then if they beat the crap out of them it would shut them up. Their coach stated last year he play any team on the road. I hear time and time again how terrible they are but it doesn't seem that an SEC team will play them. Why not play them instead of Charleston Southern.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I heard it too, everybody knows Kirk hates anything SEC and he hates that they keep winning.

I bet you said that when Utah played Alabama in the Sugar Bowl a few years back huh?
I loved it!!!!!!!

Go broncos!!!!!
I thought both jerseys were awesome.
csabo17 Wrote:I thought both jerseys were awesome.

:Thumbs:
MVP2 Wrote:I dont like Boise St, never have. I hope they lose to Wyoming, Utah St, Nevada, Oregon St, Hawaii, and Frenso State and whoever else is on the schedule. I was hoping Vtech would win so we'll stop hearing the crap about BSU needs a shot at the National Champion every year. They play 1-2 good teams a year and the rest are very weak and they 12-0 and they should get a shot a the title.Play a SEC school for once than talk about a title!

:Thumbs:
vundy33 Wrote:I bet you said that when Utah played Alabama in the Sugar Bowl a few years back huh?

Alabama didnt even care. Florida ruined their title hopes and they acted as if they had nothing to play for.
I wish they would give BSU a chance for a national championship against the best possible contender. If they win, then it would be great for college football because the underdog would win and they would have proven everyone wrong. If they lose, by whatever margin (unless its on a last second 60 yard field goal) then everyone was right and they never get another chance at the title. This year appears to be their best chance too because Kellen Moore is a very confident quarterback with a good head on his shoulders.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Well if Boise State is so weak why don't an SEC or Big Ten play them. Then if they beat the crap out of them it would shut them up. Their coach stated last year he play any team on the road. I hear time and time again how terrible they are but it doesn't seem that an SEC team will play them. Why not play them instead of Charleston Southern.

Sure...
I mean in a league that is set up that you pretty much have to go undefeated to get a title shot...
why not play another top 25 team?
SEC teams only have 4 or 5 of those games on their schedule each year.
Why don't we play another game against a contender and put another target on your back.
These coaches schedule to win a title....
not to prove non-contenders wrong.
MVP2 Wrote:I hate it, only thing I liked about the game was VT uniforms.

They were pretty epic...
But a lot of teams are rocking the Nike Pro-Combat unis.
I liked Boise's as well though.
vundy33 Wrote:I bet you said that when Utah played Alabama in the Sugar Bowl a few years back huh?

That was domination. Before the game, I was positive that Utah wouldn't cross the 50.
zaga_fan Wrote:Sure...
I mean in a league that is set up that you pretty much have to go undefeated to get a title shot...
why not play another top 25 team?
SEC teams only have 4 or 5 of those games on their schedule each year.
Why don't we play another game against a contender and put another target on your back.
These coaches schedule to win a title....
not to prove non-contenders wrong.

Boise has tried to play everyone and few teams accept there challenge. I think of Boise goes undefeated they should be in the title game, just like Utah should of been there a few years ago. The defending national champs opened with Vtech last year and barely come out with a W too. There needs to be a playoff system...
Aslan Wrote:Boise has tried to play everyone and few teams accept there challenge. I think of Boise goes undefeated they should be in the title game, just like Utah should of been there a few years ago. The defending national champs opened with Vtech last year and barely come out with a W too. There needs to be a playoff system...

I think they should switch conferences.
Someone would pick them up.
I'll all for a Boise State/Kentucky showdown at Commonwealth.
They lived up to their nickname...cHokies. I hate those castrated turkeys in Blacksburg.
Pages: 1 2 3