Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: #3 Boise State 33 #10 Virginia Tech 30
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Aslan Wrote:Boise has tried to play everyone and few teams accept there challenge. I think of Boise goes undefeated they should be in the title game, just like Utah should of been there a few years ago. The defending national champs opened with Vtech last year and barely come out with a W too. There needs to be a playoff system...

I agree your points above.

I don't agree that they are a long term school at the top of the college football rankings. Let's be real, as soon as Peterson leaves, BSU will become an unknown again, thus if they are not part of a legit conference, then they do not deserve to keep claiming this "poor pitiful me" argument. Why should teams waste a date with BSU on their schedule for any long term planning. Does everyone know that these schedules are made as much as five years in advance? Would anyone want to commit to BSU, Utah, TCU in 2016?
Does anyone other than me think that Virginia Tech isn't the measuring stick for title hopes?
zaga_fan Wrote:Does anyone other than me think that Virginia Tech isn't the measuring stick for title hopes?

I was not impressed. IMO, Va Tech is not a top 10 team. I don't think either team was that impressive for the whole game. I would guess that both will improve considerably, but neither looked to play at game speed consistently.

It was BSU defense that I was more impressed with. But neither BSU's vaunted passing game, nor the Hokies running game was that great in the opening week.
Stardust Wrote:I was not impressed. IMO, Va Tech is not a top 10 team. I don't think either team was that impressive for the whole game. I would guess that both will improve considerably, but neither looked to play at game speed consistently.

It was BSU defense that I was more impressed with. But neither BSU's vaunted passing game, nor the Hokies running game was that great in the opening week.

I liked their D-Line.
The holy grail of defense is being able to create pressure when rushing 4.
I think if Tyrod wasn't so mobile Va-Tech would have been decimated.
Tyrod impressed me if nothing else.
zaga_fan Wrote:I think they should switch conferences.
Someone would pick them up.

B12 should try to pick them up since they lost a few teams.
:rockon: Those were some absolutly terrific Unis.,They might even look better than the new W.VU. ones... Nah but they were cool!
Aslan Wrote:B12 should try to pick them up since they lost a few teams.

If they went to the B12 and could consistently beat all the teams on that schedule I would see them having a title shot.
I don't see the B12 as a powerhouse conference like everyone else does.
But at least your not playing wyoming, hawaii, and pigeonroost elementary lol
zaga_fan Wrote:If they went to the B12 and could consistently beat all the teams on that schedule I would see them having a title shot.

:Thumbs:
zaga_fan Wrote:If they went to the B12 and could consistently beat all the teams on that schedule I would see them having a title shot.

The only conference I'd consider a powerhouse is the SEC.
This was an awesome game to watch. In the 1st quarter I thought Boise would run away with this one. But VT fought back and this game was back and forth the rest of the night.

On Boise's last drive the QB was AMAZING!
vundy33 Wrote:I bet you said that when Utah played Alabama in the Sugar Bowl a few years back huh?

Actually i picked Utah in that game. I didnt think bama could hang with them, but, there was no team in the country that year that could have beat Florida in that championship game, and so another sec team took home the title.
Aslan Wrote:Boise has tried to play everyone and few teams accept there challenge. I think of Boise goes undefeated they should be in the title game, just like Utah should of been there a few years ago. The defending national champs opened with Vtech last year and barely come out with a W too. There needs to be a playoff system...

The main reason they do not have a playoff system in my opinion, other than the fact the bowls bring in so much money is because most years than not two sec teams would probably be in it. Look at the last five years, its a no brainer.
Take last year for example, lets say there was an 8 team playoff for the title. More than likely Bama and Florida would have met again in the national championship. A lot of sports writers and talk show host are jumping on this Boise bandwagon and its gonna hurt when the wheels fall off.
So what they have a good team this year and have been pretty good for a couple of years, but what happens when they lose these players they have, there are just going to be another mid major that you never here about. Lets be honest Boise cannot recruit like that every year, while 4-5 SEC teams get the top recruits every single year. They would get all of the top recruits but players know they cant go dominate there, take Pryor at Ohio State, he knew by going to Ohio State he would dominate, which was a smart decision, but he also knew he would get roughed up in the SEC.

BTW VT is not a huge win, it was obvious they were overrated, there jerseys were the only thing they had that looked really good. Dont get me wrong there a top 25 team but not a team that you can beat and make an argument that you should be in the national championship game.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I'll all for a Boise State/Kentucky showdown at Commonwealth.

Kentucky would kill Boise imo. Put em in the SEC they'd be lucky to get a bowl this year, much less a national title.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Kentucky would kill Boise imo. Put em in the SEC they'd be lucky to get a bowl this year, much less a national title.

Really? I think Va Tech is a 20+ point favorite against Louisville.
I would Love To See Boise in The SEC.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Kentucky would kill Boise imo. Put em in the SEC they'd be lucky to get a bowl this year, much less a national title.

After watching the game with Virginia Tech, I would have to disagree with you on that one. I think Boise St. is the real deal and their qb is a heck of a ball player.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I would Love To See Boise in The SEC.

I just don't think they are made for the wear and tear of a full SEC schedule. BSU can play with anyone, I admit that. But, they can play with anyone when they get the chance to plan and prepare for a big game. In the SEC, you cannot have a letdown any single week. They would beat any of the middle of the pack SEC teams, but stand no chance if they had FL, Bama, LSU and Georgia on their schedule annually.

UK could play there best and still wouldn't get within two scores of Boise.
You Boise haters are ridiculous...how many **** teams are they going to have to beat for you to admit they're a top tier team?
vundy33 Wrote:You Boise haters are ridiculous...how many **** teams are they going to have to beat for you to admit they're a top tier team?

Five in one season, not just one!
They beat 12 every season, over and over and over!

If you're talking about good teams, it's a little hard. You can't just switch conferences everytime you feel like it. And they've tried to schedule tougher teams. For whatever reasons, they can't/won't put Boise on the schedule.
Virginia Tech Lost to the mighty fighting dukes of James Madison. So where does that put Boise?

Other than playing and getting killed by whoever loses the SEC championship in the sugar bowl.
This close of a score looks pretty bad for Boise State after James Madison just beat Va Tech by 5!
Va Tech overlooked James Madison. We all know that they're not even close to being that bad.
vundy33 Wrote:You Boise haters are ridiculous...how many **** teams are they going to have to beat for you to admit they're a top tier team?

Still think there a top tie team after seeing the team they LUCKY to beat got beat by james madison today? Boises a joke
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Still think there a top tie team after seeing the team they LUCKY to beat got beat by james madison today? Boises a joke

BSU is no joke. I'm not a supporter that BSU is a great team. Meaning a great team could run through the SEC, Big 12 or Big 10. Could BSU do that, no! But, if Peterson gets the chance to plan for ONE game, he has proven he is pretty much unbeatable. I am pulling for BSU, not because I think they are deserving, but I want a BCS title game of BSU and TCU. Then, just maybe, we will finally get a playoff system.
Stardust Wrote:BSU is no joke. I'm not a supporter that BSU is a great team. Meaning a great team could run through the SEC, Big 12 or Big 10. Could BSU do that, no! But, if Peterson gets the chance to plan for ONE game, he has proven he is pretty much unbeatable. I am pulling for BSU, not because I think they are deserving, but I want a BCS title game of BSU and TCU. Then, just maybe, we will finally get a playoff system.

Amen. Not having a playoff system is ludicrous. If Boise is a joke, why don't the big dogs play them?
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Amen. Not having a playoff system is ludicrous. If Boise is a joke, why don't the big dogs play them?

In fairness, the big dogs non-conference schedule is made five years in advance. A big dog is not going to waste a non in-state game for a team that they do not know if they will be legit in five years. BSU will only be sound if they either get into a strong conference and Peterson stays. BYU had the exact same type of run, now they are back to being a bottom feeder in the overall scheme of college football. If that was on Ohio State, Alabama or Texas schedule, everyone would complain about it.

Would I want to see Bama schedule BSU? Yes, if they played next year. But knowing the game won't take place for another five years, it does not hold the same appeal
Stardust Wrote:In fairness, the big dogs non-conference schedule is made five years in advance. A big dog is not going to waste a non in-state game for a team that they do not know if they will be legit in five years. BSU will only be sound if they either get into a strong conference and Peterson stays. BYU had the exact same type of run, now they are back to being a bottom feeder in the overall scheme of college football. If that was on Ohio State, Alabama or Texas schedule, everyone would complain about it.

Would I want to see Bama schedule BSU? Yes, if they played next year. But knowing the game won't take place for another five years, it does not hold the same appeal

Why not take a chance. If they are still good, then you have a high profile, nationally televised game. If they are not, then the team has a patsy on their schedule and an easy W. Every single team in college football has an supposed easy W on their schedule. College football in the regular season is by far the best sporting event to watch but without a playoff system, the bowls take a backseat to the NCAA tourney in basketball.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Why not take a chance. If they are still good, then you have a high profile, nationally televised game. If they are not, then the team has a patsy on their schedule and an easy W. Every single team in college football has an supposed easy W on their schedule. College football in the regular season is by far the best sporting event to watch but without a playoff system, the bowls take a backseat to the NCAA tourney in basketball.

I get what you are saying, but the easy wins are scheduled for in-state teams. Keep the money in-state, and I agree with that. If I am florida, I am not going to fund a school in Boise Idaho
Pages: 1 2 3