Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (1) Kentucky vs. (2) West Virginia (NCAA - Elite Eight)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For the Final Four. Something that has evaded WVU since their last appearance in 1959. I know I have looked forward to this for a long time. Good luck Saturday, and may the best team win. :1:
Point Guard.....
This wiil be UK's toughest challenge....UK has to land the plane again and they have to land it early...good luck to both teams...gonna be a good game
this will be the best defensive team they have seen all year and will have to play much better than they did 2nite.. Cats by 5
too much muscle inside for the weak big men of WVU. cats by 10+.
I'm adding a poll to this thread.
Poor guard play with too many turnovers will do WV in. UK way too fast for WV. Cats will roll in the second half.
If the Cats can get out early and maintain a 10 point lead then they will roll. If they let WVU hang around, Butler will have a chance to yet again to win one at the buzzer.
Short a point guard and a significant threat to guard Cousins and PPat?? I don't know how that will turn out for WVU. If their guards can just completely out-play Kentucky's then they can win the game(I'm not sure if that will happen or not-but it is March). It will be a slobber-knocker but I think the Cats pull out another one.
I added the 5 or less options to the poll because I believe that it CAN be that close of a game.
If Wall turns the ball over 7-8 times, WVU will make him pay for it.
7:05 Game Time
WVU really struggled early against Washington without a ball handler. Even noticed Ebanks brining it up the court a few times. I say we put pressure on WVU and the game is up-tempo early, going back and fourth, but too much Cats in the end.

I'll say the Cats take it by 9.

GO BIG BLUE!!!
I just have a feeling that we're going to take this one with ease...

UK 71
WVU 59
Point guard or not, WVU plays everyone close. Like UK, they generally play to the level on there competition and there not a team your going to blow out.
WVU is the best defensive team UK will see all year and will be the best team they've played all year too.
If UK goes 2/16 from deep there beat. WVU actually has athletes to rebound out of that 1-3-1 zone and force UK to shoot 3's.
I'll take UK by 3...
Too bad West Virginia lost their point guard for season. They are still pretty good but I have to pick Kentucky. Not sure about margin but I wouldn't expect a blowout. I said less than 10. West Virginia is mostly forwards and they are strong inside. The guard they lost averaged over 9 points per game. His replacement averaged 2 points per game. They have started 5 forwards earlier this year.
The loss of Truck is not affecting turnovers the way everybody thinks. Mazzula is a better ball handler and more of a true point guard than Truck and has out played Truck from the BE tournament on. Truck is a better scorer as he was a 2 guard in high school and looks to score first. He did not play point until Mazzula got hurt in the Davidson game last year. The loss of Truck does hurt WVU's depth and Huggs had a rotation prior to this that was working pretty well.

With that said, if WVU has 23 TO's like last night, UK by 15+. If WVU keeps the TO's around 10 and out rebounds UK like they have most opponents this year, look out, this should go down to the wire. WVU is a very resilient team that plays tough defense and finds a way to win. My heart says WVU, but right now my head says UK. I think WVU's defense keeps it low scoring, but I just do not know if they have enough fire power.
UK by 7. I think the absence of Truck will be the advantage for UK.

Let's Go Cats!
Aslan Wrote:Point guard or not, WVU plays everyone close. Like UK, they generally play to the level on there competition and there not a team your going to blow out.
WVU is the best defensive team UK will see all year and will be the best team they've played all year too.
If UK goes 2/16 from deep there beat. WVU actually has athletes to rebound out of that 1-3-1 zone and force UK to shoot 3's.
I'll take UK by 3...
Would you say that had all those last second attempts missed?

And also I think UK will be the best defensive team WVU has faced all year. When UK clamps down, like they can, where are WVU's points going to come from?
WVU has not played a team like UK that i am aware of..Same for UK, they havent played a team like WV...There bigs can step out and shoot the three..that could open up backdoors...but after the cornell game i am convinced that uk is tough defensively! I expect a great game and UK comes out on top by about 8-12
I have a bad gut feeling (I hope I'm wrong and it's only gas :biggrinSmile, that we may see a replay of the WVU-Purdue game in January. Purdue came out on fire and basically smacked WVU in the mouth. WVU is very capable of beating UK, I just have a bad feeling.
I was just thinking, the highest seed that WVU and UK have played in the tournament is #9. WVU beat #15 - Morgan St., #10 - Missouri and #11 - Washington. UK beat #16 - ETSU, #9 - Wake Forest and #12 - Cornell. What's up with that? Are the teams that even or did the committee do that bad of a job seeding?
UK can play just as good defensively with WVU. WVU's downfall will be their turnovers.
Kentucky advances to the Final Four 72-64.
hurry up saturday night,lol
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:If Wall turns the ball over 7-8 times, WVU will make him pay for it.

IF WVU has 23 then this game will not be close.

Kentuckys transition offense is amazing. With that being said, Kentucky by 13,

Look for us to go to cousins every play. Hes missed 3 shots the whole tournament.

Bledsoe and miller both have hot shooting games.

Wall does the usual.
since the lost of the player from West Virgina, I'll take the Cats by 6
NYY10 Wrote:since the lost of the player from West Virgina, I'll take the Cats by 6

The bench player played more minutes than the starter.
Both teams are similar and I look for UK to jump out and push the tempo. I would love to see a game in the 70s of so because that would mean that UK has established the needed style but either way I think that we are too big inside, long at the guard spot and poised like no other team. I will take UK by 7.
ImagineThat! Wrote:I was just thinking, the highest seed that WVU and UK have played in the tournament is #9. WVU beat #15 - Morgan St., #10 - Missouri and #11 - Washington. UK beat #16 - ETSU, #9 - Wake Forest and #12 - Cornell. What's up with that? Are the teams that even or did the committee do that bad of a job seeding?

Isn't that what getting the #1 and #2 seeds in the tourney is all about? :Thumbs: I mean, you supposed to play the lower seeds untll you get now, then the 1 and 2 supposed to play or that is how it is laid out anyways. This just happens to be the only bracket where it worked out that way. GO CATS :Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
Pages: 1 2