Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: South Carolina 68 - (1)Kentucky 62
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Final

That is alright South Carolina just wait until you come to Lexington and pay a visit to Rupp Arena.
Wow
You win some, You lose some Cats. Cal REGROUP and get em when they count. Rather lose now than in March!
Yea I am angry we lost, but it how we lost that makes me so mad. That and the media will friggin love it. But Patterson and Bledsoe might have well stayed in Lexingotn tonite. Miller as well.
This is all we are going to see on ESPN all week.
Well.....Im at a loss for words. Too many easy missed shots!!!! We should have ahd this game, but hmmmmmm.......
Glad the monkey is off our backs.
Cats will likely be back down to #4 come next Monday if no one loses in the top five. Kansas is not that good, they will lose again. Syracuse and Villanova have to battle in the toughest conference in Basketball. UK will be back to #1 by February 5th!
DOWNEY IS THE MAN ENOUGH SAID!!!!He showed everyone up tonight!!good game cuz though on UK's part...MY VOTE FOR SEC POY GOES TO DEVAN DOWNEY THOUGH!!!
i wish i had a dollar for everytime Downey gets away with a carry and walk. Bout like the double-dribble he got away with against Florida on his last basket. If he had anyone on his team at all he wouldn't average no 30pts. He has to avg. 30 cause he shoots every shot. i could score 30 against UK if i took 50 shots.
Im not nearly as mad as I thought i'd be.. It was bound to happen sooner or later, and those who thought we would never lose, well you guys got a big dose of reality tonight. We are still a good team, and we will re group. Couple more tough road games ahead, brace yourselves.
Man, everybody that Obama has backed lately has lost. lol This is probably the best thing that could happen to UK. They'll be fine, but beware of theVille for a few days.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Yea I am angry we lost, but it how we lost that makes me so mad. That and the media will friggin love it. But Patterson and Bledsoe might have well stayed in Lexingotn tonite. Miller as well.
This is all we are going to see on ESPN all week.
You gotta be kidding me. The media has been on the UK bandwagon ALL YEAR.
Brought the young men back down to reality, I think! They don't just give em to you just cause your the Kentucky Wildcats and #1. Move on Men!
memphistiger Wrote:i wish i had a dollar for everytime Downey gets away with a carry and walk. Bout like the double-dribble he got away with against Florida on his last basket. If he had anyone on his team at all he wouldn't average no 30pts. He has to avg. 30 cause he shoots every shot. i could score 30 against UK if i took 50 shots.

DOWNEY IS THE MAN!!!BY THE WAY IVE WATCHED YOU PLAY I DONT THINK U CAN SCORE 50 ON UK!!!And he didnt double dribble and he didnt carry tonight! WAll is the one that walked:popcorn:
Reanimate Wrote:Im not nearly as mad as I thought i'd be.. It was bound to happen sooner or later, and those who thought we would never lose, well you guys got a big dose of reality tonight. We are still a good team, and we will re group. Couple more tough road games ahead, brace yourselves.

I agree
theVILLE Wrote:DOWNEY IS THE MAN ENOUGH SAID!!!!He showed everyone up tonight!!good game cuz though on UK's part...MY VOTE FOR SEC POY GOES TO DEVAN DOWNEY THOUGH!!!

dude zip it. cheer when UK loses. I wish i cheered everytime UL loses. well, i don't think i could post on here that much if i done that. Call us when UL can beat great teams like charlotte,seton hall, ect.

and i would not be one bit sad if bledsoe never played another minute this season. and i'd like to see patterson back in high school, maybe he could score then.
memphistiger Wrote:i wish i had a dollar for everytime Downey gets away with a carry and walk. Bout like the double-dribble he got away with against Florida on his last basket. If he had anyone on his team at all he wouldn't average no 30pts. He has to avg. 30 cause he shoots every shot. i could score 30 against UK if i took 50 shots.
Man he only shoots an average of 22 shots a game and makes most of those. Downey is good face it. Plus he didn't double dribble in the Florida game, a Gator hit the ball. The announcers tonite even said that.

We lost because we played bad. Simple. Our stars didn't shine tonite. Well one did and that was Cousins. Great game DeMarcus.
ImagineThat! Wrote:Man, everybody that Obama has backed lately has lost. lol This is probably the best thing that could happen to UK. They'll be fine, but beware of theVille for a few days.

no im just glad downey showed wall up tonight!!!i could have cared less if uk won or lost, but when they got beat it made my day that much better...But UNC was the team he backed last year and they won the championship???
This was a speed bump on this amazing journey. No reason for alarm. No, I don't like it, but now it takes alot of the pressure off our guys. Let's get back in the gym and get ready for Vandy!!! Go Cats!!!
memphistiger Wrote:dude zip it. cheer when UK loses. I wish i cheered everytime UL loses. well, i don't think i could post on here that much if i done that. Call us when UL can beat great teams like charlotte,seton hall, ect.

and i would not be one bit sad if bledsoe never played another minute this season. and i'd like to see patterson back in high school, maybe he could score then.

ZIP IT???WHY IM NOT GOING TO AND GET USED TO IT!!! this weekend louisville upsets WV watch and see!
Downy isnt much..He doesn't impress me at all..What was he 9 out of 35 tonight? He gets bailed out with a foul call a lot..SC just out hustled Uk...Now if Kansas ST beats Kansas and Nova gets upset by ND, Syracuse the rightful #1 will be on top Monday.:Thumbs:
Patterson was a no show for this game. He had the ball under the basket late in the game and had no desire to try to score; he kept passing it out to the three point line when a 3 was not needed. Coach Cal let USC dictate the style of play all night until the last 2 1/2 mins of the game. I am not to upset about the loss, but just wish it did not come after the first day you go #1. Sloppy play with poor D and alot of missed layups. Can't win them all and the big blue will come back on Saturday with a win. I have tixs for the USC game at Rupp, so it will be nice to see some pay back.
Like CE said, I'm glad the monkey is off our back. I also agree with Amun-Ra about Patterson, Miller, and Bledsoe not showing up.

Time to move on!
I have to give theVILLE credit where credit is due....he was on the Downey bandwagon before this game. He did state several times in another thread that he was the most underrated player.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Man he only shoots an average of 22 shots a game and makes most of those. Downey is good face it. Plus he didn't double dribble in the Florida game, a Gator hit the ball. The announcers tonite even said that.

We lost because we played bad. Simple. Our stars didn't shine tonite. Well one did and that was Cousins. Great game DeMarcus.

Great game cousins....mephistiger is just mad because downey showed everyone up..and thats what he does best...he is by far my favorite player to watch
theVILLE Wrote:no im just glad downey showed wall up tonight!!!i could have cared less if uk won or lost, but when they got beat it made my day that much better...But UNC was the team he backed last year and they won the championship???

lol glad wall got showed up??? hahaha. how did he get showed up? he could have 30 as well if he shot 20+ shots. i forgot what happened when they played UL, what happened?
theVILLE Wrote:DOWNEY IS THE MAN!!!BY THE WAY IVE WATCHED YOU PLAY I DONT THINK U CAN SCORE 50 ON UK!!!And he didnt double dribble and he didnt carry tonight! WAll is the one that walked:popcorn:

That is bullcrap my friend. Wall had his share of turnovers but they didnt call a single walk on Downey. Home cookin allowed him to do the triple step. I mean they showed the replay of im going inbetween two defenders and establishing his foot twice....He is a freak of nature kind of athlete but you are way of if you dont acknowlegde that he got some nice nice no calls.
ImagineThat! Wrote:I have to give theVILLE credit where credit is due....he was on the Downey bandwagon before this game. He did state several times in another thread that he was the most underrated player.

look back ive said that for 3 years now..he is amazing! he is 5'9" and can dominate the game among the biggest team in college basketball..if not given SC credit give him some credit...he nearly singe handedly beat the #1 team...
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:That is bullcrap my friend. Wall had his share of turnovers but they didnt call a single walk on Downey. Home cookin allowed him to do the triple step. I mean they showed the replay of im going inbetween two defenders and establishing his foot twice....He is a freak of nature kind of athlete but you are way of if you dont acknowlegde that he got some nice nice no calls.

and wall dont...im honest i never saw him walk or carry tonight..or double in the florida game..another florida player hit it..
DOWNEY IS THE MAN
theVILLE Wrote:Great game cousins....mephistiger is just mad because downey showed everyone up..and thats what he does best...he is by far my favorite player to watch

lol with about 5 mins to go in the game it showed downey's stat from last 2 games. 21-54 from the field. thats alot of shots. oh well, id rather be 19-1 than 13-7? or am i giving them too many wins? haha. ill see ya in knott co. pal.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8