Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: South Carolina 68 - (1)Kentucky 62
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
TidesHoss32 Wrote:You guys let up on TheVille..and try not to be too hard on Sosa as well..Sosa WILL be playing at the next level...........

For the Bluegrass Stallions Smile

no, ill give him the benefit of a doubt. theres this new expansion team in the ABA by the name of the East Kentucky Energy and i think Sosa would be a great fit. He may even start for them if he tries hard.
Congrats to SC on your win. BUT, what you may have done to our team is not reversible. SC may have opened up a whole new can of worms for our boys. I say we should all prepare to see some fire and intensity in the upcoming games. Wall and company WILL NOT let this happen many more times if any. Have fun at RUPP, well anywhere now. Enjoy SEC teams.
maybe next game downey will break an NCAA record.
most shot attempts in a single game.

[Image: x160.jpg]
i do have to say that was the best game ever
First let me congratulate SC on a game well played,and Downey just a great player with a big heart,my goodness he is good.As for UK, well they just did not get it done,it was still there for the taking,but SC wanted it more,we all could see that.
Now its time to get back to work and start playing some ball again.
This UK team is just too talented to play like they played last night.No question,that the SC played a better game.Lets hope UK will learn from this and move on.
GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
uhavenoidea Wrote:Maybe Wall could buy Downey a nice home, with the money he gets from being picked #1. Just because Wall doesn't shoot 22 shots a game(9/29), does not mean Downey is better.

Best in College Basketball yes.

Anytime someone has 29 or more and shoots 29 or more, that is not very good. Especially when 10 of those came from the FT line.

Wall has 126 asts. to Downeys 72. But Downey is only avg 6 more ppg, get real!

Wall shoots around 11 shots a game and avgs. 17ppg and 6.6apg.
While Downey shoots 22 shots a game and avgs. 22ppg
Wall shoots alot as well...assist..yes wall has more becuase he has alot of help...downey leads the NCAA in steals and SEC in points...he is 5'8" a dominated the game last year...He was clearly the better player last night...how many did wall get from the line 5 but he missed 2 of them..What you are not realizing is downey shot 29 shotsw but he got fouled on alot of those...personally i dont remember him shooting 29 shots though...
mister... basketball Wrote:i have a question. where is mr. sosa? thought he was gonna show wall up. oh yea and last time i heard siva is handing out cups on the sideline hahaha whats louisville's record on the year? u should b a comedian, u rly should.

Show where i said that sosa or siva was better than wall..i never said that! I said Sosa and Siva a both good players but not compared to wall...Downey on the other hand he is a 5'8" beast...u got to love watching him play..yes he had an off game last night...good thing or they would have blown uk right out of SCConfusedhh:
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:Downey is not that great of a player he has nobody around him so when he gets good players around him watch him fizzle, i could score 30 on the cats if i shot all the shots and i want to no why the ref did not call basket interference on south carolina when the ball was sitting on the rim but orton lets it fall off the side and they call interference the replay showed it was off the rim, The Cats got jiped it was a one time thing they will come to RUPP get blown out and Downey will not be a factor

Downey is a great player get over it! I doubt you could score 30 on uk if they played in wheel chairs bub...but downey does what he has to for his team to win...you must not watch bbal if you dont see that...i am admitting that he had a bad game...guess what its a good thing! Downey played great at the end when he had to...
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:oh yeah and for the Ville, John Wall is better in his sleep than Downey is on a good day when Wall is making millions in the NBA and Downey has to get a 9 to 5 because he is not good enough and too small to be in the NBA, thats when we will now who the best really is

yea wall will have a better nba career..downey had a bad day and wall had an avg day and downey looked alot better...wall will have a great nba career though..last night downey played decent but wall played as he always does and downey was the best player on the floor
Rocky Top Wrote:First let me congratulate SC on a game well played,and Downey just a great player with a big heart,my goodness he is good.As for UK, well they just did not get it done,it was still there for the taking,but SC wanted it more,we all could see that.
Now its time to get back to work and start playing some ball again.
This UK team is just too talented to play like they played last night.No question,that the SC played a better game.Lets hope UK will learn from this and move on.
GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why cant everyone else give downey his dues..he is a great player and was the best last night...thank you for giving downey his dues...i will say his UK is the better team but downey an co. wanted the game more
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:oh yeah and for the Ville, John Wall is better in his sleep than Downey is on a good day when Wall is making millions in the NBA and Downey has to get a 9 to 5 because he is not good enough and too small to be in the NBA, thats when we will now who the best really is

not really...downey has had a great college career..and his size will knock him out of the nba career!
TidesHoss32 Wrote:You guys let up on TheVille..and try not to be too hard on Sosa as well..Sosa WILL be playing at the next level...........

For the Bluegrass Stallions Smile

Sosa will play maybe overseas...he is not the greatest player to walk the face of the earth and wall isnt either..i would be happy for sosa to play for the stallions or something..no where did i say he would have an outstanding pro career...Downey has the talent but not the size and he showed size doesnt matter
theVILLE Wrote:Downey is a great player get over it! I doubt you could score 30 on uk if they played in wheel chairs bub...but downey does what he has to for his team to win...you must not watch bbal if you dont see that...i am admitting that he had a bad game...guess what its a good thing! Downey played great at the end when he had to...

Thanks for admitting Downey had a bad game. That's all I wanted.

Never said Downey wasn't a great player.

Dude. Who says things like I bet you couldn't score 30 on UK, if they played in wheelchairs? I mean, Really? So to say something to that extent, is utterly ridiculous and immature.

I admit, I dont watch bbal lol I watch Basketball or B-Ball as some may say.

Downey is good, last night proved that. But, he's not unreal, like you seem to think.
theVILLE Wrote:Sosa will play maybe overseas...he is not the greatest player to walk the face of the earth and wall isnt either..i would be happy for sosa to play for the stallions or something..no where did i say he would have an outstanding pro career...Downey has the talent but not the size and he showed size doesnt matter

No one said Wall was, but he certaintly has a better chance of achieving such a feat.:biggrin:
i don't understand why theville even post on a kentucky thread. he is a louisville fan that is mad because kentucky smacked the cards in the mouth, and elbowed them in the face, and then went on to beat them. he just thinks its so great that downey done this and that,if it happened to louisville he would have had some kind of excuse. but no one should say anything to him, he and the cards are getting beat down here and there so we should get him some slack. hahahahaha
Downey is not that good. The Ky fans that are saying he is, Is just saying that because his terrible team beat Ky..Take a team like that and play a good 2-3 zone of Syracuse, They would get rolled quick...DID UK play man the whole game?
uhavenoidea Wrote:SC won, not Downey!

He went 9/29 and people think he is amazing, because he made a few lucky shots. Any other night and he's 4 or 5/29.

But, still 9/29 is horrible.

Cousins and Wall had 46 of 62. Patterson had 5, Miller had 0, Bledsoe had 4. Thats why UK lost. Not because Downey was amazing.

What if UK played about as good as they did against Ark. and Downey still puts up these numbers?

Everyone would be saying Downey is selfish and needs to get his teammates involved. But, UK played horrible.

Alright, Downey Was terrible, absolutely horrible, just stunk the place up. You are absolutely right - AND THANK GOD HE WAS BAD!

1. Cats lose by 6

2. Downey was 9/29. Thank god the UK defense was able to hold him to only 9 made baskets, so let's go the other direction. Let's say Downey shoots at a 50% clip on the night instead, that means he makes 15 shots instead of 9, so there is 12 more points at the bare minimum, but I give him at least two more made three pointers, which adds 14 total points to his game and makes him have a pretty good game from the field.

3. Downey's 14 points makes this a 20 point Blowout win for USC, all without their #2 scorer and their #1 rebounder. Thank God USC didn't have any body else that could rebound better than they already did.

4. If Downey has a better shooting night and the Cats are down 20, then they don't pound the ball inside and start firing three-pointers. The rate they were making three-pointers they would have had even fewer points than 62, so now this turns into a 20-25 point win for USC and everybody in the nation laughing at UK and their #1 ranking.

5. Thank God Downey was terrible last night!:yawn:
since loserville fan up there is taking this all in, lets throw one on him.

how about Jeremy Hazell of Seton Hall. kid averages 22.2ppg. has scored over 20+ pts 11 times this season. had 41 against west virginia, 38 against syracuse, 33 against cincinnati, and last but not least, 25 against louisville in a win. now, lets talk about him. he gets NO credit, no one knows who he is. so theville, give us your thoughts about him Smile
memphistiger Wrote:i don't understand why theville even post on a kentucky thread. he is a louisville fan that is mad because kentucky smacked the cards in the mouth, and elbowed them in the face, and then went on to beat them. he just thinks its so great that downey done this and that,if it happened to louisville he would have had some kind of excuse. but no one should say anything to him, he and the cards are getting beat down here and there so we should get him some slack. hahahahaha

Why is a Memphis fan complaining about a Lousiville fan on a Kentucky game thread????:eyeroll:
greenstuff22 Wrote:since loserville fan up there is taking this all in, lets throw one on him.

how about Jeremy Hazell of Seton Hall. kid averages 22.2ppg. has scored over 20+ pts 11 times this season. had 41 against west virginia, 38 against syracuse, 33 against cincinnati, and last but not least, 25 against louisville in a win. now, lets talk about him. he gets NO credit, no one knows who he is. so theville, give us your thoughts about him Smile

Who is Jeremy Hazell and why should any of us care about him. Root for whoever you want. theVille has a right to talk up anybody he wants on this site. Just as you do, just as I do!
if you would read closely its directed towards theville, not everybody else, get it right. and i figured someone might say who is he. i just wanted to know theville's thoughts on a player that averages 22.2ppg and beat his team by himself. i dont care whether you reply or not, i was waiting for his reply.
uhavenoidea Wrote:No one said Wall was, but he certaintly has a better chance of achieving such a feat.:biggrin:

yes he does
Stardust Wrote:Who is Jeremy Hazell and why should any of us care about him. Root for whoever you want. theVille has a right to talk up anybody he wants on this site. Just as you do, just as I do!

I just like downey..i gove his props and john wall..last night downey was the better player and has shown to be through the SEC
memphistiger Wrote:i don't understand why theville even post on a kentucky thread. he is a louisville fan that is mad because kentucky smacked the cards in the mouth, and elbowed them in the face, and then went on to beat them. he just thinks its so great that downey done this and that,if it happened to louisville he would have had some kind of excuse. but no one should say anything to him, he and the cards are getting beat down here and there so we should get him some slack. hahahahaha

dude ive started threads of downey being possibly the best and underrated PG in the country...ive said john wall is the best PG in the country...no where am i saying sosa or siva is among the nations top...your making this stuff up..you assume im going to say this...yes louisville is having an off year..i admit that..Uk beat them by 9, im not ashamed of that one bit
greenstuff22 Wrote:since loserville fan up there is taking this all in, lets throw one on him.

yea louisville held him to 25...good job ville...seton hall won at home..im not ashamed to admith louisville lost to western carolina, charolette exc...they are not really that good this year..however with the team they got i think they will when some big games...why do u keep throwing louisville in to every thread memphistiger! your team is not much better
Stardust Wrote:Alright, Downey Was terrible, absolutely horrible, just stunk the place up. You are absolutely right - AND THANK GOD HE WAS BAD!

1. Cats lose by 6

2. Downey was 9/29. Thank god the UK defense was able to hold him to only 9 made baskets, so let's go the other direction. Let's say Downey shoots at a 50% clip on the night instead, that means he makes 15 shots instead of 9, so there is 12 more points at the bare minimum, but I give him at least two more made three pointers, which adds 14 total points to his game and makes him have a pretty good game from the field.

3. Downey's 14 points makes this a 20 point Blowout win for USC, all without their #2 scorer and their #1 rebounder. Thank God USC didn't have any body else that could rebound better than they already did.

4. If Downey has a better shooting night and the Cats are down 20, then they don't pound the ball inside and start firing three-pointers. The rate they were making three-pointers they would have had even fewer points than 62, so now this turns into a 20-25 point win for USC and everybody in the nation laughing at UK and their #1 ranking.

5. Thank God Downey was terrible last night!:yawn:

i would not say terribel but he had an off game...thank god...agreed imagine if he had made his normal shots
Stardust Wrote:Lol, I didn't once see Cousins take the ball at mid-court, split 4 defenders and find a way to WIN!

Yea but he had 3 people jumping on his back and hacking him while nothing was being called? rRight. There was so many bull crap calls for downey i almost laughed at the inbounds play to him.

Cousins 9-17 27 pts, Add 10 more shot attempts.

Downey 9-27 i think? and god knows hows many bull crap calls. Am i blaming th egame son the refs? NO. We payed by far our worst game of the season and still only lost by 5-6 points. Tells you something huh? If that was a clean block they had on walls dunk attempt then there is something wrong. And Downey travels more than allen iverson. The reason the made the carry call.
There were some weird coaching moves in this one. Like having Patterson come out and slide up on Downey, leaving an open lane for their craping post player to get a pass and dunk. We should have used more zone to cover Downey and having Patterson slide out to offset his motion was not going to get it done. As many people will acknowledge, Downey and Wall are two very unique point guards. Downey knows that he is the only one that can not only create his own shot but hit the shot. Thus he did not have more than 3 assists. Downey is an incredible college player and Horn is lucky to have him carrying them to the NIT championship game. Now as you UK, we are not better off with a loss as people will suggest, it is what the team gets out of the loss that can make it a productive blip in season. They will respond and will still be able to get a number seed. I am confident of that. Go cats!
I don't understand how anyone can be this positive about a loss. You shouldn't want to lose any games especially to a one player team like South Carolina, or should I say 4 player team when you include the officials. That was the worst called game I have ever seen in my life. I know people say you can't blame the refs, well I think thats crap. The officials controlled this game the whole way. Whenever Wall or Cousins had the ball they would get killed but nothing was called. However everytime Downey got the ball, if UK looked at them wrong there was a whistle. Like the inbounds play when Downey shot the ball and Liggins fell before Downey even got the shot off and then Downey fell after making the shot then the whistle blew, total bs. Downey did in fact travel when he went between the two defenders, again a no call. What really got to me other than Patterson being a no show again was Calipari not making a defensive adjustment. He said in tuesdays Lexington Herald that he would go to zone to stop Downey from getting inside, but yet he didnt do it. I didn't think UK's defense was all that bad, it was just the officials terrible calls that cost UK the game. Well that and no Patterson as usual and Dodson missing a wide open dunk, how the **** does that happen? There is no way UK should lose to a team that has one player doing everything by himself, especially a little 5-9 nothing like Downey. Not even the great Michael Jordan could beat teams by himself.
This game was a joke in every aspect, from coaching, to the officials, to Patterson and Bledsoe not showing up. The only players or I guess I should say player that came to play was Cousins who is in fact my favorite player of all, even over the "Great John Wall".
No way was Kentucky going to go through the SEC on the road unbeaten,I like most people wish we could have kept the #1 ranking a little longer. But mark my words,all that has happened is that a sleeping giant has been awaken.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8