Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (5)UK 73 - Stanford 65 (OT)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final. Game went into overtime and Bledsoe put the nail in the coffin with a huge 3.
final
wow!!!
It may have taken an extra 5 minutes but Kentucky passes their first real test!! I will post my recap later.
stanford was shooting out of their mind today and of course its about what expected I guess since we get everybodys best shot. I watched the game yesterday vs virginia and stanford wasn't impressive at all.
Thats how we do it in Big Blue Nation.....
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:stanford was shooting out of their mind today and of course its about what expected I guess since we get everybodys best shot. I watched the game yesterday vs virginia and stanford wasn't impressive at all.

Yeah, i watched it too, IMO it was boring and i stopped watching it.
what a strong finish..... I loved Walls dunk as time expired.... and Bledsoe put the game away with his 25 footer..... :biggrin::1:
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:stanford was shooting out of their mind today and of course its about what expected I guess since we get everybodys best shot. I watched the game yesterday vs virginia and stanford wasn't impressive at all.

No, they weren't impressive last night, but I think Kentucky falls into a "perfect storm" of teams playing out of their minds trying to beat the #5 team in the nation, they're young and inexperienced, and their basketball knowledge is not where it needs to be.

UK will be vastly improved come January. Until we get a break, we're going to experience games like this.
John Wall - MVP

DeMarcus Cousins - (All Tournament)
UK won this game because of John Wall, end of story.
Cousins...Free throws...Seriously???? Coach Cal might need too have the team work on free throws for a while.
Real Badman Wrote:Cousins...Free throws...Seriously???? Coach Cal might need too have the team work on free throws for a while.

Cousins was trying to miss at the end...and Coach Cal chewed him out for it afterwards.
Ugly, but a win is a win. Glad to see UK dodge another bullet. This team is taking everyone's best shot and winning. These games will do nothing, but help this young team come SEC play. Gotta give Stanford credit though as they were able to slow the pace, but I think UK was able to wear them out enought to stay within reach and to prevail with a W.
Cousins Got his butt chewed after that FT, but a W is a W, take them anyway we can get them everyone brings there A game to play Kentucky.....
Cousins still seems to be pretty lazy to me a lot of the time. If he played to the best of his ability, we would see the production like he had in the Sam Houston game more often.

One philosophy I can't hardly agree on with Coach Cal is playing Patterson as a guard. We don't need that. He is 6'9 and 235 pounds, he is a big man. Play him on the block where he scores the best and has a good chance at getting offensive rebounds. Patterson is not a guard, he is a power forward. Why try to change that?
Scary game. Whether Stanford is a good team or not, u gotta admire our Cats determination to win.
man i dont think it should have been this close
People we beat a PAC-10 opponent tonight. Not some team from conference we've probably never heard of, plus the Cardinal has a rich history. So I'll take this win tonight with pride because we come up with big plays with mostly high school all-stars.

GBB!
A win is a win. Anyway u look at it. We are not going to blow every team out like we would like.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:UK won this game because of John Wall, end of story.
John Wall will continue to get intentional fouls, he's a great player but is very cocky and 1st pick NBA.

So in that one statement, I'm now to beleive we beat a team that really isn't very good, so I guess that the win really was not that impressive for the Cats......
Wall's clutch free throws won the game. Am I glad he is on the court in the final seconds. Oh and he played all 45 minutes by the way too.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:People we beat a PAC-10 opponent tonight. Not some team from conference we've probably never heard of, plus the Cardinal has a rich history. So I'll take this win tonight with pride because we come up with big plays with mostly high school all-stars.

GBB!

Thank you, great post! :Thumbs:

To me, this was extremely impressive for the Cats. I have been waiting for them to play a quality opponent to see how this young group reacted. Though the game was tight, many issues with the Cats D still, and some missed opportunities, it proved to me one of the most important rules in sports - Good teams find a way to win!
UK is awesome baby!!!!!!!!!!

A w is a w!!!
alleycat53 Wrote:John Wall will continue to get intentional fouls, he's a great player but is very cocky and 1st pick NBA.
What did this have to do with anything? John Wall didn't get an intentional foul last night. The guy intentionally fouled him on a breakaway layup.
God ugly win! ....if that makes any sense.
cards_athlete Wrote:What did this have to do with anything? John Wall didn't get an intentional foul last night. The guy intentionally fouled him on a breakaway layup.
Now what do you think I meant? We all know HE was intentionally fouled, what I'm sayin is being cocky gets gets you a little more attention good or bad.
Stardust Wrote:Thank you, great post! :Thumbs:

To me, this was extremely impressive for the Cats. I have been waiting for them to play a quality opponent to see how this young group reacted. Though the game was tight, many issues with the Cats D still, and some missed opportunities, it proved to me one of the most important rules in sports - Good teams find a way to win!

100% agree,another great post.:Thumbs:
alleycat53 Wrote:Now what do you think I meant? We all know HE was intentionally fouled, what I'm sayin is being cocky gets gets you a little more attention good or bad.

I've not seen one cocky play by Wall. It's more he's just that good than showboating.
Pages: 1 2