Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (5)UK 73 - Stanford 65 (OT)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Cats pull of the heart-racing edge of your seat game in OT!! All though it was sloppy the Cats were able to get it under control at the end of the 2nd half and continue that into Overtime and win it by 8 points! Surprisingly there were alot of plays where the UK players would back someone down and just turn around and throw the ball up without really looking at the basket. The two main things that contributed to making this a close game was the poor shot selection of UK and the second chance opportunities for Stanford!
Good Things and Bad Things of this game:
Good Things:
Cats were able to come back and force OT.
John Wall 23pts, 5asts, 4rebs, 2blks and 8-8 from the freethrow line.
DeMarcus Cousins 13pts, 5rebs, 3blks, and 2asts.
Patrick Patterson 12pts, 11rebs, 1blk
Ramon Harris the only player to score from the bench. 7pts, 7rebs, 1ast, and 1stl
The size advantage caused the 2 starting big men from Stanford to foul out in regulation
Only had 15 turnovers which is the best so far this season
Bad Things:
Cats allowed too many offensive rebounds in the first half which is one reason why they were playing from behind the majority of the time.
The other contributor was the sloppy play in the 1st half, there were multiple plays where i saw for example Wall, Orton, and Cousins back someone down and throw the ball up without looking at the basket.
Landry Fields was able to score 23pts and have 13rebs and he also had 4stls.

After this game the Wildcats need to work on their defensive rebounds and don't be afraid to get physical because not all games are going to be so delicately called, like the refs did tonight. Also, shot selection down low needs to be addressed down low, the Wildcats need to be more patient when posting someone up down low. Hopefully UK can work everything out and get prepared for the upcoming strech against UNC-Asheville. After that we have (12)North Carolina, (13)Connecticut, and Indiana on our Resume!
PC_You_Know Wrote:I've not seen one cocky play by Wall. It's more he's just that good than showboating.
He is that good but he has a cocky side too/
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:Thats how we do it in Big Blue Nation.....

Barley squeak by a half decent team? Nothing id be bragging about.
What was cousins thinking when he shot the freethrow...glad to see UK cut the to's back though..THe cause was Stanford held th eball to the end of the shot clock and UK didnt have the ball long enough to turn it over as much...but overall a better game..Just question cousins judgement
They will get better as they gain experience.
THOMCAT Wrote:They will get better as they gain experience.

Agree they will be clicking most likely by late febuary early march..it will take til valentines day atleast for this team to be at there full potential
its still early on, and they're a young team. they're putting us back on the map this year!
alleycat53 Wrote:He is that good but he has a cocky side too/

i agree with him beening somewhat cocky,did you see him grab his shirt,after the last dunk at the end of the game,hes great but just play ball ,you dont see patterson doing that junk....
ComfortEagle Wrote:Cousins was trying to miss at the end...and Coach Cal chewed him out for it afterwards.

Yeah I understood that one. But what about the one he airballed? No excuse.
theVILLE Wrote:Agree they will be clicking most likely by late febuary early march..it will take til valentines day atleast for this team to be at there full potential

I doubt it will take that long..Coach cal and all the players have said by Christmas time this will be a whole new team. This game was a doozy though..very fun to watch. John Wall is amazing! He will be a first team All american atleast.
cuppett777 Wrote:i agree with him beening somewhat cocky,did you see him grab his shirt,after the last dunk at the end of the game,hes great but just play ball ,you dont see patterson doing that junk....

These guys are kids people. Not pro basketball players yet, Let them have there fun. I think its great wall is grabbing his jersey letting the world know who he is and who he represents while wearing the blue and white.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:These guys are kids people. Not pro basketball players yet, Let them have there fun. I think its great wall is grabbing his jersey letting the world know who he is and who he represents while wearing the blue and white.

I totally agree!
Pages: 1 2