Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: #5 Kentucky 72 - Miami (OH) 70
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Cat's pull it out in game that tested this young team. With not much competition leading up to the UNC and UConn games, give the young Cats credit for reaching deep and finding a way to pull this game out. Lot's of mistakes, but a lot of potential with this group.

Cat's survive an 18 point deficit and fight there way back. Wall is fast, but still makes a lot of Freshman mistakes. He will be a Chris Paul some day. Cousins really looked good at times.

We need significant work on our perimeter defense. Same as last year how we let a team get hot from the outside and we don't pressure the shooters.

Defenses are still packing it in on PP, still can't find a way to get it to him

As everyone was predicting 30-40 point victory, I took criticism for this post in the Prediction thread: "Kentucky will still be working out the cohesion of all these new players and new system. They will beat a down Miami team handily, but it's still going to take this Cats team until Christmas to get the Chemistry it needs to be any kind of threat in March"

I stick by what I said. This team is still a team made up primarily of Freshman. This "Dribble Drive" offense is very complex to learn. Not the Ball handler, but the guys on the perimeter. They will need time to develop a solid game.

Nice job cats!
Stardust Wrote:Cat's pull it out in game that tested this young team. With not much competition leading up to the UNC and UConn games, give the young Cats credit for reaching deep and finding a way to pull this game out. Lot's of mistakes, but a lot of potential with this group.

Cat's survive an 18 point deficit and fight there way back. Wall is fast, but still makes a lot of Freshman mistakes. He will be a Chris Paul some day. Cousins really looked good at times.

We need significant work on our perimeter defense. Same as last year how we let a team get hot from the outside and we don't pressure the shooters.

Defenses are still packing it in on PP, still can't find a way to get it to him

As everyone was predicting 30-40 point victory, I took criticism for this post in the Prediction thread: "Kentucky will still be working out the cohesion of all these new players and new system. They will beat a down Miami team handily, but it's still going to take this Cats team until Christmas to get the Chemistry it needs to be any kind of threat in March"

I stick by what I said. This team is still a team made up primarily of Freshman. This "Dribble Drive" offense is very complex to learn. Not the Ball handler, but the guys on the perimeter. They will need time to develop a solid game.

Nice job cats!

Nice job dust,

John Wall Is A Freak.
Well, it was an exciting game to watch at least.
wow. how did u get this typed down so fast lol.

What a game!!
mrfootball03 Wrote:Well, it was an exciting game to watch at least.

Lol, yes it was, it was nice to see them work themselves out of a bad situation. They could have folded, but they showed what this team is capable of doing.
Great shot! Should of never been that close.
I didn't think we seen enough Dodson tonight. He scored when he was in and didn't see much action in the 2nd half at all. John Wall & Patrick Patterson made big plays down the stretch and Wall come up with the buzzer beating shot to win the game. DeMarcus Cousins finally started showing what he is capable of. Miller finally come to life, but hats off to the Redhawks! They come out and they weren't going to lay down for us and they shot lights out the entire game. Mark it down though, this game will do Kentucky wonders!

GBB!
NYY10 Wrote:wow. how did u get this typed down so fast lol.

What a game!!

Magic.....:biggrin:
Like Stardust said, we are a young team. It will take a bit to get everything ironed out, and players to understand this offense. We play this game in a couple months, and this would be no contest. Guys don't fret, we will be just fine. We're not gonna be undefeated, but we will be there in March when it counts.
I'm sure not many thought miami would stroke the 3 all night to stay in the game like they did. I read catspause.com everyday and they all just as most thought it would be an easy blow out game but give Miami credit they really stroked the 3 all night to keep it close.
mrfootball03 Wrote:Like Stardust said, we are a young team. It will take a bit to get everything ironed out, and players to understand this offense. We play this game in a couple months, and this would be no contest. Guys don't fret, we will be just fine. We're not gonna be undefeated, but we will be there in March when it counts.

:Thumbs:

Exactly. Cousins beasted it up in the second half.
This is the best thing that could happen for this team. Miami played with heart and fire. they will need to use this experiance for future games.
Team Stats

Miami:

FG% 48.9
3pt 57.7
Reb 23
Steals 8
Blocks 5

UK

FG% 49.1
3pt 54.5
Reb 33
Steals 8
Blocks 6

Very evenly played game
Stardust Wrote:Magic.....:biggrin:

you're good lol.

Gotta give credit to Miami. They came in Rupp, shot lights out and never gave up.

This will only help Kentucky in the long run. This will be great experience for the Cats to look back and learn from their mistakes.

Really curious in what this team can do!!

Congrats Wildcats!!!
John Wall has Ice Water running through his vains
NYY10 Wrote:you're good lol.

Gotta give credit to Miami. They came in Rupp, shot lights out and never gave up.

This will only help Kentucky in the long run. This will be great experience for the Cats to look back and learn from their mistakes.

Really curious in what this team can do!!

Congrats Wildcats!!!

Nice to see such a respectable Dookie! :Thumbs:
I can't wait to play with Kentucky tomorrow on ncaa basketball 10. And the best thing is you can update the stats and they perform on the game like they do in real life.
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:John Wall has Ice Water running through his vains

Yeah, hes obviously hooked up to the same IV machine Jodie Meeks was.. :rockon:
mrfootball03 Wrote:Yeah, hes obviously hooked up to the same IV machine Jodie Meeks was.. :rockon:

Lol, Clutch,
mrfootball03 Wrote:Nice to see such a respectable Dookie! :Thumbs:

haha thank ya thank ya.. Just cause I cheer for Duke dosn't mean I hate UK lol..

Im not such a bad guy. just ask Wildcatk23 lol..

Great game. So when does Kentucky get back in action?
Teams like Miami live by the 3 and die by the 3. And tonight, they almost lived. Except John Wall plays for UK. He is a very good player. But like someone said, he still makes freshman mistakes. But the young team pulled through. I was impresses with Cousins in the 2nd half. He played GREAT. They need to play the rest of the season like they did the 2nd half. Great game for the Cats!!
NYY10 Wrote:haha thank ya thank ya.. Just cause I cheer for Duke dosn't mean I hate UK lol..

Thursday I think.
^ Thursday versus Sam Houston State
Wow, that was ugly.
That is why John Wall will be the #1 player in the NBA Draft.The second he caught the ball I knew it was over.. wierd feeling.

Hopefully this brings both the UK Players and fans back to earth! Glad to see Cousins respond to Cal, Patterson was Patterson, and Miller came up big when we needed him the most.

On a funny side note... my cousin lives in North Carolina and is a huge UNC fan. He sent me a text message in the 2nd Half that read "When did UK replace Rupp Arena with Rucker Park" I have to give him credit on that one Big Grin
EKUAlum05 Wrote:That is why John Wall will be the #1 player in the NBA Draft.The second he caught the ball I knew it was over.. wierd feeling.

Hopefully this brings both the UK Players and fans back to earth! Glad to see Cousins respond to Cal, Patterson was Patterson, and Miller came up big when we needed him the most.

On a funny side note... my cousin lives in North Carolina and is a huge UNC fan. He sent me a text message in the 2nd Half that read "When did UK replace Rupp Arena with Rucker Park" I have to give him credit on that one Big Grin

Amen. This team will be good, but it's going to take a bit of time to get it completely together.

That is classic. That's what you get with a group of Freshman. They are undisciplined. I don't mean that in a bad way, just that they have to learn the system in order to begin looking like they are in control.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:That is why John Wall will be the #1 player in the NBA Draft.The second he caught the ball I knew it was over.. wierd feeling.

Big Grin

I said it in the Update thread, this kid has a lot of the mannerisms of Chris Paul
Anyone else grow tired of Bledsoe dribbling it into people and turning it over? Looked like he had never played basketball before..
NYY10 Wrote:haha thank ya thank ya.. Just cause I cheer for Duke dosn't mean I hate UK lol..

Hes Alright lol Smile
On a side note: EKUAlum05's girlfriend is indefinitely suspended from watching any UK Basketball games at his house. UK was winning early when she came over and that was when Miami got red hot and couldn't miss... naturally, being a true UK fan I blamed her and made her leave.. at which point UK and Darnell Dodson caught fire and UK came back.

So you all are all welcome!
Pages: 1 2 3