Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: #5 Kentucky 72 - Miami (OH) 70
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
OldTymer Wrote:Anyone else grow tired of Bledsoe dribbling it into people and turning it over? Looked like he had never played basketball before..

To be fair, Wall did the exact same thing. Wall 5 turnovers, Bledsoe 4
Stardust Wrote:To be fair, Wall did the exact same thing. Wall 5 turnovers, Bledsoe 4

Yea they need to realize that there playing with the big kids now.
Times have changed:

Minutes Played - Stevenson 6, Harrelson 6, Harris 3
EKUAlum05 Wrote:On a side note: EKUAlum05's girlfriend is indefinitely suspended from watching any UK Basketball games at his house. UK was winning early when she came over and that was when Miami got red hot and couldn't miss... naturally, being a true UK fan I blamed her and made her leave.. at which point UK and Darnell Dodson caught fire and UK came back.

So you all are all welcome!

hahaha classic!!

Now what are you going to do later tonight when its bed time lol.. You dont get nothing lol.. shame on you.. HAHA :Clap:
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Yea they need to realize that there playing with the big kids now.

They will. We just have to be patient with these guys. It was funny how so many predictions for this game were saying that now that Wall was playing, we will now be awesome. In time yes, but let's give him a chance to get 10-12 games under his belt to get a feel for the college game.
Stardust Wrote:Times have changed:

Minutes Played - Stevenson 6, Harrelson 6, Harris 3

Better than 0. I feel for the boys thats played thier ***** off the whole time, even when people were downing them.
Our Cats showed heart when they came back from 18 points down. I like that in a team!. I still stand by what I said awhile back tho. We are young, learning a new offense, and we have a new coach. We are going to get thumped a few times this year. This was almost one of those thumpings.
mrfootball03 Wrote:Better than 0. I feel for the boys thats played thier ***** off the whole time, even when people were downing them.

Great point. I agree with you exactly :Thumbs:
Now maybe people will come down to reality a little bit. This team is very good, but they are EXTREMELY young, and will play poorly sometimes because of it. I understand Miami didn't miss much, but they were open most of the time. You have to play defense. Everyone saying they were going to win tonight by 30, 40, 50, and even that one guy who said they would win by 71 should realize now that the team is young and it will take some time for them to play well. They will lose a few games this year just because of lack of experience, but coach cal will have them ready by March. But people need to tone down the expectations a little.
In my eyes, I say Miami played like a top rank 25 team tonight
runninrebs21 Wrote:Now maybe people will come down to reality a little bit. This team is very good, but they are EXTREMELY young, and will play poorly sometimes because of it. I understand Miami didn't miss much, but they were open most of the time. You have to play defense. Everyone saying they were going to win tonight by 30, 40, 50, and even that one guy who said they would win by 71 should realize now that the team is young and it will take some time for them to play well. They will lose a few games this year just because of lack of experience, but coach cal will have them ready by March. But people need to tone down the expectations a little.

Nice post:Thumbs:
NYY10 Wrote:In my eyes, I say Miami played like a top rank 25 team tonight

But we should expect that. We have the bullseye on our backs, so we will always get the other teams BEST game. That's OK, that's what we want.

Boy it sure feels good being the Hunted instead of teams not having any fear of the Blue & White.
runninrebs21 Wrote:Now maybe people will come down to reality a little bit. This team is very good, but they are EXTREMELY young, and will play poorly sometimes because of it. I understand Miami didn't miss much, but they were open most of the time. You have to play defense. Everyone saying they were going to win tonight by 30, 40, 50, and even that one guy who said they would win by 71 should realize now that the team is young and it will take some time for them to play well. They will lose a few games this year just because of lack of experience, but coach cal will have them ready by March. But people need to tone down the expectations a little.

:Thumbs:
Stardust Wrote:But we should expect that. We have the bullseye on our backs, so we will always get the other teams BEST game. That's OK, that's what we want.

Boy it sure feels good being the Hunted instead of teams not having any fear of the Blue & White.

:Thumbs:
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:John Wall has Ice Water running through his vains

Veins. Sloppy game all the way around by the Cats tonight. I too thought it was going to be a blow out, but when a team shoots the three as well as Miami did tonight it will be an uphill battle for the opposition. The Cats dug deep and found a way to win on pure emotion. I really enjoyed the atmosphere tonight in Rupp. Some of the blue hairs in front of me actually stood for the first time in several years, I didn't see Benny Hinn in the stands but he had to be there somewhere to get those people to stand up for once.:worthy:
I am sure I won't say anthing new, but this team could have easily quit when 18 down. I could see the intensity pick up on the defensive side and it carried over on the offensive side. I think the way they came back shows how good this team is. Not many teams can win when the opponent shoots as well as Miami did tonight. Good win! Not a blow out win like most of us thought, but a good win still the same.
This is pretty much like a 30pt win in by book. Coming from 18pts down back to win the game with 4 starting freshmen. Thats unreal
EKUAlum05 Wrote:On a side note: EKUAlum05's girlfriend is indefinitely suspended from watching any UK Basketball games at his house. UK was winning early when she came over and that was when Miami got red hot and couldn't miss... naturally, being a true UK fan I blamed her and made her leave.. at which point UK and Darnell Dodson caught fire and UK came back.

:worthy:

:lmao::Thumbs:
kinda scared me there a couple times but hey pulled it out...go cats
logmountainboy64 Wrote:kinda scared me there a couple times but hey pulled it out...go cats

Made me sick lol
What was that game all about?????????????
We all knew this year would have some growing pains. I disagree with the polls, UK is barely a top 20 team, let alone top 5. I think by the end of the season, they can be one of the best, but they are young. A "W" is a "W," but they found a lot to work on. Go Cats!
WOW!! I never expected this game to be like it was, that disappoints me. But, i am glad to see the Wildcats show the will power and determination to come back from a big defecit.

I actually didn't get a chance to watch or listen to this game. Is there anyone who can tell what happened and how the cats got in the position where they had to fight back from such a defecit?
Im just saying i think you UK fans should put your title hopes on the back burner cause it aint going to happen.
leecoukfan Wrote:WOW!! I never expected this game to be like it was, that disappoints me. But, i am glad to see the Wildcats show the will power and determination to come back from a big defecit.

I actually didn't get a chance to watch or listen to this game. Is there anyone who can tell what happened and how the cats got in the position where they had to fight back from such a defecit?

They hit 15 3s, we didnt play defense the whole game. Wall and bledsoe was freshmen. dodson sparked a run. and cousins was 2nd half beast. wall hit the game winning shot.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:They hit 15 3s, we didnt play defense the whole game. Wall and bledsoe was freshmen. dodson sparked a run. and cousins was 2nd half beast. wall hit the game winning shot.

Miami made more shots with a hand in their face than they did wide-open.

dore20 Wrote:Im just saying i think you UK fans should put your title hopes on the back burner cause it aint going to happen.

Why won't it? Need some reasoning behind your opinion.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Miami made more shots with a hand in their face than they did wide-open.

Why won't it? Need some reasoning behind your opinion.

No they didnt. we may have closed but we didnt have are hands up.

as for are title hopes. Final 4 bound baby
Stardust Wrote:To be fair, Wall did the exact same thing. Wall 5 turnovers, Bledsoe 4

Thats true Wall did. But Wall also contributed offensively. Yeah you don't want to see anyone turning the ball over period, but atleast Wall was producing some points.
OldTymer Wrote:Anyone else grow tired of Bledsoe dribbling it into people and turning it over? Looked like he had never played basketball before..

I was thinking the same thing..
OldTymer Wrote:Thats true Wall did. But Wall also contributed offensively. Yeah you don't want to see anyone turning the ball over period, but atleast Wall was producing some points.

wall also can do whatever he wants and not have anything said to him.
Pages: 1 2 3