Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky 42 - Miami (OH) 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
final
Hartline looked a lot more solid in this one then in any game last year. Cobb may turn into one of the premier wide receivers in the nation and the running game worked better then in any game last year. The defense didn't miss a beat from last year and all around I would agree with coach brooks in that this team is a lot better then last year.
Nice way to start the season for the Cats
With teams like Ohio State and WVU getting scares from Navy and Liberty, this is one heck of a statement game!
JCHS05 Wrote:Hartline looked a lot more solid in this one then in any game last year. Cobb may turn into one of the premier wide receivers in the nation and the running game worked better then in any game last year. The defense didn't miss a beat from last year and all around I would agree with coach brooks in that this team is a lot better then last year.

Yeah it looked like UK is alot better this year but we'll certainly find out in week 3 against Florida.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Yeah it looked like UK is alot better this year but we'll certainly find out in week 3 against Florida.
Just exactly what are you expecting UK to do in the Florida game?
Hartline to Cobb was amazing in the first half. I don't have stats in front of me, but I would venture to say that most of Cobb's yards were in 2 quarters. I don't think he had a catch in the 4th quarter did he?

Also, when a team has 200+ rushing yards and the QB has very few trips to the ground, the offensive line must get a round of applause. Good job by the big men.

Bring on the Cards!
Boy did Kentucky look good. They actually looked like an SEC team without guys like Woodson, Little, Woodyard, Burton, Tamme and Johnson on the field. It did take the Cats a few series on both sides of the ball to get their rhythm down, but once they did the defense put the clamps down on the Redhawk offense and the offense couldn't be stopped. Cobb & Matthews where magnificent at receiver and the tightends impressed as well. Hartline, OL and the backs looked really good as well. Lindley could have had 3 interceptions today, but did have one and it was a pick for 6.

Bring on the Cards!
Just a complete game on both sides of the ball today. Hartline played exceptionally well and has improved 100% since last season! Mathews is going to be a special player at UK with Cobb at the other spot. Great day!
Amun-Ra Wrote:Just exactly what are you expecting UK to do in the Florida game?

Have an impressive performance against Florida and at least keep it
respectable.
I will be proud of UK if they can score multiple times on Florida and keep them below 45. That is how good Florida is gonna be this year!
I can see a 9 to 10 win season if they continue to play the way they did in the second quarter today.
They were more impressive than I thought they would be. Go CATS.
Go Cats!!!!!!!!
Let's not get too excited. Miami (Oh) is a horrible team and in the first quarter their offense marched up and down the field on UK's defense.

Good teams won't make the mental mistakes they made against UK on both sides of the ball.

With that said though, UK did show some signs of a good ballclub. The second or third TD I believe was a thing of beauty. I was sitting in section 150, row 13, so I got a close up view of the catch. Great athletic play where he just outjumped the Db and made sure he kept his foot in bounds.
How about Hartline today? He done very well. I really liked what I seen from him today. Cobb is the real deal at recevier as BCA said.

Way to go Wildcats!
kywldcat01 Wrote:Let's not get too excited. Miami (Oh) is a horrible team and in the first quarter their offense marched up and down the field on UK's defense.

Kentucky didn't know what to expect from Miami going into this game. Miami had a new coach, so Brooks & company didn't have any idea of what to expect. The first quarter shown that and once UK caught onto what they where doing they began to shut their offense down.

Look at just about every game today and you will see that all the top programs either scored once or didn't score at all in the 1st quarter. USC, Ohio State, Penn State, Tennessee, etc. All either scored once or didnt' score at all against weak competition.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Kentucky didn't know what to expect from Miami going into this game. Miami had a new coach, so Brooks & company didn't have any idea of what to expect. The first quarter shown that and once UK caught onto what they where doing they began to shut their offense down.

Look at just about every game today and you will see that all the top programs either scored once or didn't score at all in the 1st quarter. USC, Ohio State, Penn State, Tennessee, etc. All either scored once or didnt' score at all against weak competition.

I agree 100% plus I think we can all agree Miami while being a down team could beat western Kentucky and a few other of the weak competition referred to.
I didnt see any of the game, but from the way it sounded, they played phenomenal on both sides of the ball, and they did what an SEC team is supposed to do to a lesser opponent. They smashed the snot out of the Redhawks. Nice to start the season with a shutout too. Now, how cool would it be to shutout the Cards?!?! Ill say itll be closer and they wont get a shutout, but Ill take the Cats over the Cards 27-17 Big Grin
I like how they use the wildcat offense in the redzone with Cobb. Very hard to defend.
Nice start for the Cats. If Hartline can continue to get time to throw then he has some nice targets in Cobb and Matthew. Running game looked real good and Locke had some nice bursts, looked like his speed is still there after his knee injury. Hopefully UK can keep momentum and take care of business against UL.
Hartline is much improved, Cobb is awesome and Locke is healthy! I am excited about this season!
I was watching this game on TV and right after the first touchdown,
the announcer said "Someone needs to calm down the Kentucky Fans!"
haha I loved it.
Good start. Keep it up.
Was very excited to see the outcome of this game, nice confidence booster for the whole team
was at the game today and it was absolutly a great expereince...Of course we the Big Blue Nation turned out in great numbers, the team was great, coaching staff made great calls, overall it was AWESOME...One thing I want to say however is this, I want to commend Hartline, after all the trash we the fans have talked over the past year my self including I am very impressed with the intetative he has taken to become a leader, he played very poised today, made great reads, and passes...Thanks Mike for not giving me a heart attack today lol...The WRs and TEs looked great...The running game was just what I expected, we have 4 if not 5 solid backs which is nice...The Line busted open holes all day and gave Hartline all the time in the world to go through his reads...I really liked how Hartline stepped up in the pocket today something he did not do last season...I think the D still has some growing up to do...even though they recorded the shut out there were a few missed assignments, we need to watch our LBs so they are stuck out on an island all alone in 1 on 1 coverage in the flats, one play in particular the RedHawks took a shot down field about 45 yards and Micah was defending the wide out stride for stride...However, the LBs looked impressive when dropping back into coverage, Lindley looked great still needs to look the ball into his hands on those picks, lol im sure hes kicking him self in the butt for that one drop...I think Locke is our go to guy in the backfield, Smith just did not impress me today, I though Allen looked exceptionaly well...Cobb was great as usual, Lanxter made a beautiful catch...The D line needs to get more pressure on the QB but I expected that with the loss of Jarmon that is my only question Mark on this team right now...Burden still has some work to do for me to say he is a defenant phenom as a SEC corner...Did any one notice HOW HUGE Lentz has gotten during the offseason...specualtion has it that next season he may be making the switch to LB...sure looks like one...He put on the most muscle during the offseason...Overall I am please with the result...I think Louisville will be a fairly easy win they didnt look so hot today...LETS GO BIG BLUE!!!!!
Oh any one have any report on any injury status from today?
What happened to all of the People saying if Hartline starts UK would be terrble? The same people wanting to start a true freshman in his place.

Very solid game by the cats.

The only down side to me is the place kicking is still bad. Note to Rich Brooks. Spend a scholarship on a kicker.
FBALL Wrote:What happened to all of the People saying if Hartline starts UK would be terrble? The same people wanting to start a true freshman in his place.

The only down side to me is the place kicking is still bad. Note to Rich Brooks. Spend a scholarship on a kicker.

My sentiments exactly.
FBALL Wrote:What happened to all of the People saying if Hartline starts UK would be terrble? The same people wanting to start a true freshman in his place.

Lets see how he does when we play a quality team,
Pages: 1 2