Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky 42 - Miami (OH) 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Will this finally get people off Hartline's back? I think so, at least until the Florida game.

One big difference I see this year -> UK has receivers that can actually CATCH the ball.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Will this finally get people off Hartline's back? I think so, at least until the Florida game.

One big difference I see this year -> UK has receivers that can actually CATCH the ball.

I know it was amazing, hartline was actually throwing catchable passes and they was catching them,
poor lindley had 1 pick for a TD, he had 2 prior hit him in the chest. he should've had 2 TD's
way to go cats
I really believe this maybe the best UK team they have had in awhile, Hartline proved to be the Senior leader we need yesterday and he played a great game. I hope he can continue to provide us with that leadership on the field and we continue to win games.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Oh any one have any report on any injury status from today?
Starting center Marcus Davis broke his left ankle and will have season ending surgery according to the paper.
Redhawks are not horrible. They usually upset someone early. This is not the kind of team you really want to open up with,,especially not at home. kentucky beating them the way they did was outstanding. ,kentucky beat a decent team very soundly.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Starting center Marcus Davis broke his left ankle and will have season ending surgery according to the paper.

Wasn't this their backup Center anyways? I thought I heard them say on the radio that the 1st string Center was out for some reason (possibly team rule violation?).
ComfortEagle Wrote:Wasn't this their backup Center anyways? I thought I heard them say on the radio that the 1st string Center was out for some reason (possibly team rule violation?).

No I don't think so according to rivals depth chart Davis was the starting center now I guess that role will be Freshman Matt Smith from Louisville St X.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/cdepthtext.asp
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:No I don't think so according to rivals depth chart Davis was the starting center now I guess that role will be Freshman Matt Smith from Louisville St X.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/cdepthtext.asp

I think that is correct for the Miami OH game but not season overall...I cant think of the first strings name right now but he was on suspension, he and Boyd were suspended on the same day...His name slips my mind right now...Davis was pushing him for the starting job however, as Matt Smith was pushing at it as well...
I was there as well, It was great the Big Blue Nation really turned this into a home for UK. Kentucky played really well after the first quarter. Once they figured out what Miami was trying to do, it was all over.
FBALL Wrote:What happened to all of the People saying if Hartline starts UK would be terrble? The same people wanting to start a true freshman in his place.

Very solid game by the cats.

The only down side to me is the place kicking is still bad. Note to Rich Brooks. Spend a scholarship on a kicker.
Last year he had 3 sscholarships for kickers... HAHA

FWIW, you will be happy to know that UK's newest laGrange committ is Joe Mansour... he is a P/K and is rated 4* by Scout. He is 3/4 so far this season with makes of 38, 44, and 56 yards. He has also kicked 9/10 kickoffs for touchbacks and as a punter has a 47.1 yard average on 9 punts.

Help is on the way.
I said that I had the feeling UK may be on the verge of a surprising season and I stand by it. This team looked tremendously improved in every aspect offensively. Here is my breakdown of UK by position:

OFFENSE

RB's- Deep, talented, and versatile. You have a different style of RB for whatever you need, and to beat it all UK was without a future NFL player in Conner. A coupel backs still seemed to dance a little too much instead of hitting the hole. GRADE: B+

QB- Hartline is night and day so far. He made decisions and throws that we never saw last year. Fidler looked good as a backup, bonus points for Cobb. My criticsm is Hartline still does not qualify as a "playmaker", that honor goes to his receivers. Grade: B+

TE- Vastly improved. Drake was a factor catching the ball, no drops, and they did a great job blocking. The shear talent isn't there as we have been spoiled by Jacob Tamme's and James Whalen's of the past, but they are much better. Grade: B

WR- Cobb is dynamic. I honestly think if he stays healthy it will be very difficult to keep him off the All SEC 1st team list. Matthews gives UK a weapon they haven't had in years. McCaskill and Lanxter are improved. Still lack the playmaking ability beyond Cobb and Matthews though, and Matthews still isn't running at maximum potential (drop pass, missed routes) Grade: B-

OL- No sacks, limited pressure, huge holes for RB's, and limited penalties. Inferior competion played a role, but for the purpose of this game Grade: B+

DEFENSE

DT- Peters, Lumpkin, et all did a fine job. They stuffed the running game and got a good surge, they did not dominate and get alot of pressure on QB though Grade: C+

DE- The weakest performance UK had. Consistently they were slow off the balla nd pressure was minimal, several times they lost contain as well. Grade: C-

LB- All in all solid performance. Very vanilla gameplan but they stretched the field well, were effective when asked to blitz, and consistently played well in both run support and coverage. Grade: B

S- Harrison made a perfect disciplined play for the INT and return. Guy was everywhere. Lentz looked good. No real complaint or cirticism except for the fact it was weak competition and they did miss soem tackles in run support Grade: A-

CB- Lindley's domination alone warrants an "A-". Warford, Neoloms, and Burden were sensational as well locking down their men at a position that was arguably Miami's strongest. The QB's passing numbers are proof of their domiannce, especially considering that the pass rush was minimal. Grade: Solid A

SPECIAL TEAMS

PK- Missed field goal, perfect on PAT's, and no kcikoff reached the endzone. Grade: D+

P- Tydlacka was phenominal. No complaints except he should be a better place kicker so Seiber would go bye bye. Grade: A

Coverage- Numerous open field tackles for minmal return yards despite Seiber's poor kickoffs. Nothing spectacular, nothing deficient. Grade: B

OVERALL
OFFENSE- B+
DEFENSE- B+
SPECIAL TEAMS- C+
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I said that I had the feeling UK may be on the verge of a surprising season and I stand by it. This team looked tremendously improved in every aspect offensively. Here is my breakdown of UK by position:

OFFENSE

RB's- Deep, talented, and versatile. You have a different style of RB for whatever you need, and to beat it all UK was without a future NFL player in Conner. A coupel backs still seemed to dance a little too much instead of hitting the hole. GRADE: B+

QB- Hartline is night and day so far. He made decisions and throws that we never saw last year. Fidler looked good as a backup, bonus points for Cobb. My criticsm is Hartline still does not qualify as a "playmaker", that honor goes to his receivers. Grade: B+

TE- Vastly improved. Drake was a factor catching the ball, no drops, and they did a great job blocking. The shear talent isn't there as we have been spoiled by Jacob Tamme's and James Whalen's of the past, but they are much better. Grade: B

WR- Cobb is dynamic. I honestly think if he stays healthy it will be very difficult to keep him off the All SEC 1st team list. Matthews gives UK a weapon they haven't had in years. McCaskill and Lanxter are improved. Still lack the playmaking ability beyond Cobb and Matthews though, and Matthews still isn't running at maximum potential (drop pass, missed routes) Grade: B-

OL- No sacks, limited pressure, huge holes for RB's, and limited penalties. Inferior competion played a role, but for the purpose of this game Grade: B+

DEFENSE

DT- Peters, Lumpkin, et all did a fine job. They stuffed the running game and got a good surge, they did not dominate and get alot of pressure on QB though Grade: C+

DE- The weakest performance UK had. Consistently they were slow off the balla nd pressure was minimal, several times they lost contain as well. Grade: C-

LB- All in all solid performance. Very vanilla gameplan but they stretched the field well, were effective when asked to blitz, and consistently played well in both run support and coverage. Grade: B

S- Harrison made a perfect disciplined play for the INT and return. Guy was everywhere. Lentz looked good. No real complaint or cirticism except for the fact it was weak competition and they did miss soem tackles in run support Grade: A-

CB- Lindley's domination alone warrants an "A-". Warford, Neoloms, and Burden were sensational as well locking down their men at a position that was arguably Miami's strongest. The QB's passing numbers are proof of their domiannce, especially considering that the pass rush was minimal. Grade: Solid A

SPECIAL TEAMS

PK- Missed field goal, perfect on PAT's, and no kcikoff reached the endzone. Grade: D+

P- Tydlacka was phenominal. No complaints except he should be a better place kicker so Seiber would go bye bye. Grade: A

Coverage- Numerous open field tackles for minmal return yards despite Seiber's poor kickoffs. Nothing spectacular, nothing deficient. Grade: B

OVERALL
OFFENSE- B+
DEFENSE- B+
SPECIAL TEAMS- C+

nice break down EKU
Way to go UK!!!! Good start to the season.:Clap:
Pages: 1 2