Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best pure shooter to come out of UK?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Most will say Jodie Meeks, but for me it would be Richie Farmer.:1:
Patrick Sparks
Louie Dampier.................And it isn't even close.
I liked the year with Scott Padgett and Jeff Sheperred...but ofcours that is about as far back as I can remember was about 95...besides the 92 season I remeber it really well...
Jeff Shepperd.
Cameron Mills and Tony Delk
I like Shepherd, Delk and Meeks
Jarons Wrote:Cameron Mills and Tony Delk

Cameron Mills could come off the bench cold as a wet rock and light it up. I would hide my eyes when they passed it to him. Thanks to him and fast food i'm on high blood pressure medician.
The great Dan Issel :Thumbs:
or Rex Chapman
Delk no doubt about it
During my generation, its between Tony Delk, Patrick Sparks, and Jodie Meeks.
As mentioned before, Louie Dampier #1. #2 would be Kyle Macy.
Tony Delk is the best i've seen.
Tony Delk
Kyle Macy
Travis Ford
Richie Farmer
Rex Chapman
delk and macy
Dan Issel
Louie Dampier
Tony Delk
Jodie Meeks
Patrick Sparks
Kyle Macy
Travis Ford
Rex Chapman
Jeff Sheppard
Cameron Mills
Richie Farmer
Cotton Nash
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Louie Dampier
Tony Delk
Jodie Meeks
Patrick Sparks
Kyle Macy
Travis Ford
Rex Chapman
Jeff Sheppard
Cameron Mills
Richie Farmer
Cotton Nash

Nice list...have to go with Stardust on 1 & 2...here are some others that come to mind

Kevin Grevey
Jim Master
Jack Givens
Tin Cup Wrote:Nice list...have to go with Stardust on 1 & 2...here are some others that come to mind

Kevin Grevey
Jim Master
Jack Givens

Kevin Grevey, forgot about him.

Jack "Goose" Givens was as good an all-around player that UK has had.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Kevin Grevey, forgot about him.

Jack "Goose" Givens was as good an all-around player that UK has had.

two lefties

yes he was...the 78 NCAA Champ team was very talented with Macy, Givens, Claytor, Lee, Robey and Phillips...five averaged 10+ pg
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Louie Dampier
Tony Delk
Jodie Meeks
Patrick Sparks
Kyle Macy
Travis Ford
Rex Chapman
Jeff Sheppard
Cameron Mills
Richie Farmer
Cotton Nash

How could you not have Dan Issel on this list?
#1EagleFan Wrote:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Louie Dampier
Tony Delk
Jodie Meeks
Patrick Sparks
Kyle Macy
Travis Ford
Rex Chapman
Jeff Sheppard
Cameron Mills
Richie Farmer
Cotton Nash

How could you not have Dan Issel on this list?

Dan Issel was a big man. He made the majority of his shots under the bucket. We are talking about "pure shooters", read the thread title.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Dan Issel was a big man. He made the majority of his shots under the bucket. We are talking about "pure shooters", read the thread title.

You may be a little too you for Dan Issel, but Issel was a big man who shot 70% of his shots away from the basket. He was Kiki Vandeweigh, before there was a Kiki Vandeweigh. I agree with you, Issel should not be included in this discussion, be cause we are truly evaluating perimeter shooters, but most of Issels shots wee from 15' out. The reason he was such a great scorer is because the big men would not step out and guard him, then he made them pay with his deadly shooting.
So a big man cant be a pure shooter?
Tony Delk
The best I have seen in my life time is Delk.
#1EagleFan Wrote:So a big man cant be a pure shooter?

A big man most certainly can be a pure shooter. I just believe Dan Issel wouldn't be considered a pure shooter.
Stardust Wrote:You may be a little too you for Dan Issel, but Issel was a big man who shot 70% of his shots away from the basket. He was Kiki Vandeweigh, before there was a Kiki Vandeweigh. I agree with you, Issel should not be included in this discussion, be cause we are truly evaluating perimeter shooters, but most of Issels shots wee from 15' out. The reason he was such a great scorer is because the big men would not step out and guard him, then he made them pay with his deadly shooting.

Issel was a major match up problem for other teams.
All the top field goal percentage players were center/forwards which isn't surprising, however #18 on the following link is...lol

http://www.bigbluehistory.net/bb/statist...rcent.html
Kyle Macy

Kevin Grevey

Jack Givens
Pages: 1 2 3