Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best pure shooter to come out of UK?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I don't see how some of you can go without saying Jodie Meeks. Heck, he holds the UK record for most 3's and points in a single game.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I don't see how some of you can go without saying Jodie Meeks. Heck, he holds the UK record for most 3's and points in a single game.

I'd like to have seen him do it for more than one season.
Louie Dampier or Tony Delk
in my opinion i would have to say Tayshaun Prince
Considering if meeks would have been healthy and stayed one more year, it would be amazing to what he could have accomplished
The ones I have seen would include:

Dampier, Macy, Ford, Farmer, Givens, Delk,
Issel, Prince and Shepherd. UK has had a lot of great shooters over the years, and with Coach Cal at the helm I think we will get to see a lot more too.
Cat Scratch Fever Wrote:The ones I have seen would include:

Dampier, Macy, Ford, Farmer, Givens, Delk,
Issel, Prince and Shepherd. UK has had a lot of great shooters over the years, and with Coach Cal at the helm I think we will get to see a lot more too.

You are Old:yikes:

lol - JK
Stardust Wrote:I'd like to have seen him do it for more than one season.

Stop hating on the guy.
devilhorns05 Wrote:Stop hating on the guy.

lol :Thumbs:
Stardust Wrote:You are Old:yikes:

lol - JK

You aren't kidding, haha. And I am high mileage too, haha.

:thatsfunn
Pure shooter over a 4 year career Louie Dampier. The 3 pt. shot didn't exist when he played. When they implemented it in the NBA, he came out of retirement and played a number of years due to his range.
Just for fun
Pure Shooter 1 season wonders-Ronnie Lyons, Jay Shidler
hawg laig Wrote:Pure shooter over a 4 year career Louie Dampier. The 3 pt. shot didn't exist when he played. When they implemented it in the NBA, he came out of retirement and played a number of years due to his range.
Just for fun
Pure Shooter 1 season wonders-Ronnie Lyons, Jay Shidler

Good Lord, Jay Shidler! That man had serious range. The original 3-point line would have been a duck shoot for him. And Louie Dampier could probably still shoot lights out. Man, those two would have just loved the college three pointer too much!

:worthy:
Cat Scratch Fever Wrote:Good Lord, Jay Shidler! That man had serious range. The original 3-point line would have been a duck shoot for him. And Louie Dampier could probably still shoot lights out. Man, those two would have just loved the college three pointer too much!

Jay was ahead of his time , he was a great shooter.:rockon:
outdoorsman43 Wrote:A big man most certainly can be a pure shooter. I just believe Dan Issel wouldn't be considered a pure shooter.

Your just too young to remember anything about Issel. If you can find anything on youtube or some other type of old videos you will see what a great outside shooter that Issel was. A great majority of the points that he scored in both the ABA and the NBA where from not only outside the 3 point line but sometimes waaaaay outside the 3 point line.

He played center for UK yes, but he could step out and shoot the long bomber for them just as easily as he could score from paint.

But still the greatest pure shooter was Louie Dampier. As has been said by someone else. It's not even close.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Your just too young to remember anything about Issel. If you can find anything on youtube or some other type of old videos you will see what a great outside shooter that Issel was. A great majority of the points that he scored in both the ABA and the NBA where from not only outside the 3 point line but sometimes waaaaay outside the 3 point line.

He played center for UK yes, but he could step out and shoot the long bomber for them just as easily as he could score from paint.

But still the greatest pure shooter was Louie Dampier. As has been said by someone else. It's not even close.

You are dead on Mr. K
Has everyone forgotten that Pat Riley played at Kentucky too?
Tony Delk. Anyone remember Derrick Miller ( Chapman Era ), I wouldn't call him "pure", but when he was hot he was good. I seem to recall 7 threes in the Great Alaskan Shootout. Anyone else remember that?
eagle dad 2014 Wrote:Tony Delk. Anyone remember Derrick Miller ( Chapman Era ), I wouldn't call him "pure", but when he was hot he was good. I seem to recall 7 threes in the Great Alaskan Shootout. Anyone else remember that?

I had it on tape, he was on fire.
I was prejudice to Ford, but also Meeks and Delk
Easy, Rex Chapman. He was more of a consistent shooter that i've ever seen come out of uk plus the best in the clutch as well.
Richard [master blaster] Madison.
I Recall Meeks hitting A School Record Of 10 Smile
ballcrazy Wrote:Richard [master blaster] Madison.

lol
Cat Scratch Fever Wrote:Good Lord, Jay Shidler! That man had serious range. The original 3-point line would have been a duck shoot for him. And Louie Dampier could probably still shoot lights out. Man, those two would have just loved the college three pointer too much!

Man i was wondering if anyone was going to mention the blonde bomber. Shidler was an awesome shooter, I would still put Dampier number one though. But good call on Shidler.
Woods
Delk
Ford
Farmer
Chapman
Anderson
Sheppard
Cameron
Mills
This is the ones that i have watch play, but i know i am leaving some out.
cj2561 Wrote:Woods
Delk
Ford
Farmer
Chapman
Anderson
Sheppard
Cameron
Mills
This is the ones that i have watch play, but i know i am leaving some out.

Is Cameron and Mills two different people
Stardust Wrote:Is Cameron and Mills two different people

Yea. I put his full name, because I think there was two Mills that play at UK.
Chris Mills had one really good year at UK during that awful last season with Sutton. Actually, Mills had a triple double that year. Amazing, that team had players that ended up playing in the NBA and still had a losing record. I know Mills and Ellis played for sure in the NBA.
I've watched UK since the early '60's. These 6 were very good.

1. Louie Dampier
2. Kyle Macy
3. Tony Delk
4. Jack Givens
5. Kevin Grevey
6. Jodie Meeks
No order...Prince, Delk, Ford, Mills, Anderson, Meeks, Shepherd
Pages: 1 2 3