Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Next Year.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well I didnt see a thread already so I guess Ill start this one. What happens next year to the Cats? Does Billy G return and if he doesnt what happens? Who is our coach, and what recruits will make a change in schools?
I think tonite was his last at UK......Boy i miss Coach P???
Well I think that Billy G is going to be fired next year. And Meeks and/or Paterson may or may not stay. If Billy G goes I don't think Orton or Vilarino will not come and we will be about as good as next year. ALL MY OPINION.
I really think we need a change... However, we can't settle for another up and comer. I love Pelphrey and Ford, but not now. We have to have a BIG TIME COACH>>>> If we can't get one, let's save 6 million dollars and stay with less than mediocre Gillispie.
Orton will not change schools, he's more on UK than BCG. I do not think BCG will be coaching in Lexington next year, more likely Callipari or Travis Ford.
Billy will be here. Billy D that is. Mark it down.
I want to see a Blue Blood come some one that knows UK ball...Ford maybe...
Panther Thunder Wrote:Billy will be here. Billy D that is. Mark it down.

I think i agree with you lol.
I mean Florida is not going anywhere soon, I think this made there second NIT in the last 2 years, so maybe he will come now. dunno
pikevilleout Wrote:I want to see a Blue Blood come some one that knows UK ball...Ford maybe...

I Love Ford, but I don't want to take a chance with him..
allseasonfan Wrote:I Love Ford, but I don't want to take a chance with him..

I agree. Ford is a good coach, don't get me wrong. But he is unproven on the national level, like Gillispie.
C.Clair Wrote:Well I didnt see a thread already so I guess Ill start this one. What happens next year to the Cats? Does Billy G return and if he doesnt what happens? Who is our coach, and what recruits will make a change in schools?

We've had 50 threads over the last month about the coach, the Cats, the AD and the recruits and you didn't see one? What possibly is going to be said now that's not been said a billion times already!
Stardust Wrote:We've had 50 threads over the last month about the coach, the Cats, the AD and the recruits and you didn't see one? What possibly is going to be said now that's not been said a billion times already!

This, per Kentucky.com:

UK president Lee Todd attended the game. He declined to comment on Gillispie's job status. He did say he spoke with the coach about the future of the program late last week.

Todd also said an announcement on Gillispie's future would not be made before Friday.
Well if Billy G is not there next year then that will be the dumbest decision they could make...We will be just fine when we get the PLAYERS we just havent rlly had the players the last couple years...The players don't want coach to go and that is the most important thing i think if the players want him then I think they believe that he can fix this problem and get back on top...The fans are just so stupid, i know it's UK basketball but we aint always gonna be good and then when we aint they jump all over the coach...
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I agree. Ford is a good coach, don't get me wrong. But he is unproven on the national level, like Gillispie.
Yea, but maybe UK is where he proves himself and brings the Big Blue Nation back to life!
cards_athlete Wrote:Yea, but maybe UK is where he proves himself and brings the Big Blue Nation back to life!

Maybe is a big word. No one should have to PROVE themselves here,,,
allseasonfan Wrote:Maybe is a big word. No one should have to PROVE themselves here,,,

C'mon? Rick Pitino, Joe B Hall, and Adolph Rupp from the Grave couldn't have done anything more with this group of talent!
Stardust Wrote:C'mon? Rick Pitino, Joe B Hall, and Adolph Rupp from the Grave couldn't have done anything more with this group of talent!
I don't think that is the problem.
Stardust Wrote:C'mon? Rick Pitino, Joe B Hall, and Adolph Rupp from the Grave couldn't have done anything more with this group of talent!

SD, my problem with BCG is off the court. He doesn't represent the university the way he should. Rick Pitino called this "THE ROMAN EMPIRE OF COLLEGE BASKETBALL". Why should our empire be led by HANK HILL??
Panther Thunder Wrote:I don't think that is the problem.

Of Couse not, how naive of me, it's the COACH! my bad.....
Panther Thunder Wrote:I don't think that is the problem.

It's not.:Thumbs:
Stardust Wrote:Of Couse not, how naive of me, it's the COACH! my bad.....
Apparently you are trying to insult me when you didn't comprehend what I was saying. It is not the basketball part of things, he is a jerk and has rubbed the media and most fans the wrong way.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Apparently you are trying to insult me when you didn't comprehend what I was saying. It is not the basketball part of things, he is a jerk and has rubbed the media and most fans the wrong way.

AMEN!!!!
allseasonfan Wrote:Maybe is a big word. No one should have to PROVE themselves here,,,

I'm one of the biggest UK fans you'll ever meet. But I want to be realistic, and I'm not going to be selfish. But what you're pretty much saying I want a coach NOW, that will win me a championship NOW. Travis Ford would bring the love back. And I really believe he would do great things with UK.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Apparently you are trying to insult me when you didn't comprehend what I was saying. It is not the basketball part of things, he is a jerk and has rubbed the media and most fans the wrong way.

I guess I didn't see any of that in your previous post?
cards_athlete Wrote:I'm one of the biggest UK fans you'll ever meet. But I want to be realistic, and I'm not going to be selfish. But what you're pretty much saying I want a coach NOW, that will win me a championship NOW. Travis Ford would bring the love back. And I really believe he would do great things with UK.

You guys don't understand, in all due respect, we are a mediocre SEC team as of now. This is Kentucky baby!!!!!! Why should we settle???
I believe that BCG bit off more then he can chew!!
just like to say UK has played good and bad all year when the other players step up we win when they dont we dont. put as much as you want to on the coach but when you only have 2 scorers and one finally getting his confidence. i really dont care who you are you're not going to win alot. we all expected alot more from stevenson this year and we have no PG.
If you guys think Gillispie is a jerk then you have obviously never met Travis Ford. If he were to be named the UK coach I would switch my allegiance to Morehead State. And leave the "Roman Empire" behind.

You do know what happened to the Roman Empire don't you?
Word on the street is that Gillispie gave his goodbye's to the players tonight.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Word on the street is that Gillispie gave his goodbye's to the players tonight.

You could almost see it on his face that he knew he is on the way out.

Now here is my thoughts and I know not everyone will agree.

Gillispe will be let go on Friday. I think that Billy Donovan will be the next head coach, and Florida will in turn hire Anthony Grant of VCU. If Billy D turns us down again I think they make a strong push for Calipari or Jay Wright.
Pages: 1 2