Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Konner Tucker Commits to Kentucky
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Gillispie received a commitment today from JUCO point guard Konner Tucker of Lon Morris College.

Tucker averaged 16 points per game this season along with 3 assists, 2 turnovers, and 4 rebounds per game. Tucker also shot 47% from the field and 42% from 3.

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/demling/blog.html

Gillispie also canceled a trip to visit 4-star point guard Eric Bledso today as well.
The 6-foot-4 point guard from Lons Morris College in Jacksonville, Texas, has given UK coach Billy Gillispie a commitment this afternoon.

As you can see, we just nabbed another JUCO pointguard. I guess with all of the success with Galloway, we decided to land another one. This one being white, and a clone of Michael Porter. :Thumbs:
Quick highlight with Tucker in it. Video shows an assist & 3.

BlackcatAlum Wrote:Gillispie received a commitment today from JUCO point guard Konner Tucker of Lon Morris College.

Tucker averaged 16 points per game this season along with 3 assists, 2 turnovers, and 4 rebounds per game. Tucker also shot 47% from the field and 42% from 3.

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/demling/blog.html

Gillispie also canceled a trip to visit 4-star point guard Eric Bledso today as well.

Great to hear but why did he cancel his visit with Bledsoe?? Bledsoe would more than likely be a starter next year the kid is a great point guard. Billy better get after him and just cause he got some juco point dont mean he has finally got a point guard, I wont be confident about next years team until we sign Bledsoe.:HitWall:
devilhorns05 Wrote:Great to hear but why did he cancel his visit with Bledsoe?? Bledsoe would more than likely be a starter next year the kid is a great point guard. Billy better get after him and just cause he got some juco point dont mean he has finally got a point guard, I wont be confident about next years team until we sign Bledsoe.:HitWall:

Well canceling the visit either means that Gillispie knows that he is going to be let go by UK or Gillispie is satisfied enough with Tucker at point guard.
IMO Miller should be the starting PG going into next season.
This kid shot 42% from 3PT land, looks as though UK was looking to add another outside scoring threat more than adding another point guard. What year will he transfer in as??? Soph, JR???
A-TRAIN Wrote:This kid shot 42% from 3PT land, looks as though UK was looking to add another outside scoring threat more than adding another point guard. What year will he transfer in as??? Soph, JR???

Sophomore.

Tucker's father was a former head coach for North Laurel in London.
BCG is not leaving, did anyone hear about a press conference scheduled for 5:00 P.M. today?
Well if you don't know then don't speculate on why? When we hear it from the University then take it as rumor. He could like this kid, and felt he didn't need to go visit this other kid. He also could have rescheduled it, and no one knows yet.
Some people like to post without thinking. Let us be UK fans and salvage what season we have left. The season isn't over yet, and you think he is on a plane headed back to Texas.
I am tired of everyone blaming Gillispie for every single thing bad that happens. I do disagree with some of the things he does but just because we do bad doesn't automatically make it his fault. He can't play for his players. If he didn't know what he was doing he obviously wouldn't be coaching; let alone be hired to coach for one of the greatest sports program there is. Next year is his year.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Some people like to post without thinking. Let us be UK fans and salvage what season we have left. The season isn't over yet, and you think he is on a plane headed back to Texas.

Legacy 6o6 Wrote:I am tired of everyone blaming Gillispie for every single thing bad that happens. I do disagree with some of the things he does but just because we do bad doesn't automatically make it his fault. He can't play for his players. If he didn't know what he was doing he obviously wouldn't be coaching; let alone be hired to coach for one of the greatest sports program there is. Next year is his year.

Very good posts
It does make you wonder how many are TRUE BLUE fans in here.
cougarpride08 Wrote:It does make you wonder how many are TRUE BLUE fans in here.

Sure does.
thats quick we just offered it like 3 day ago!
Im a true blue fan, but this guy really doesn't have a clue. FIRE HIM NOW!
Bad thing is gonna be when Bledsoe goes to some SEC school and is tearing UK apart next year.
He might still sign, there is time ya know.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Bad thing is gonna be when Bledsoe goes to some SEC school and is tearing UK apart next year.

LOL, kinda like how Tubby Smith done with Chris Lofton.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Bad thing is gonna be when Bledsoe goes to some SEC school and is tearing UK apart next year.

i don't believe he was going to sign with us anyways.
Legacy 6o6 Wrote:I am tired of everyone blaming Gillispie for every single thing bad that happens. I do disagree with some of the things he does but just because we do bad doesn't automatically make it his fault. He can't play for his players. If he didn't know what he was doing he obviously wouldn't be coaching; let alone be hired to coach for one of the greatest sports program there is. Next year is his year.

mrfootball03 Wrote:Who cares what your tired of?

I do, and so do many others. Legacy 6o6, great opinions.
Maybe if BCG was told he wasn't going to sign with us, and didn't bother to take a plane to talk to him. Who is he going to sign with?
mrfootball03 Wrote:Who cares what your tired of?

What are you talking about? This whole website is about everyone's opinion.
well lets see he's a freshman starting st a JUCO and putting up good #'s and he must know how to play Ky ball if his dad coached at north laurel and thats not a bad thing. plus if he has a UK jersey on i'm going to cheer fror him.
Legacy 6o6 Wrote:hired to coach for one of the greatest sports program there is.
You mean WAS!
Can't hurt anything
RavenBoy Wrote:You mean WAS!

I thought that. That is why i said " . . . one of the best . . . " instead of " . . . the best . . . "
RavenBoy Wrote:You mean WAS!

So since UK didn't make the tourney for the 1st time in 17 years there not considered one of the best programs now.
How many scholarships do we have left? We already have three freshmen coming in, plus this guy.
Pages: 1 2