Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: How far will Kentucky make it in the SEC tournment?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
thoughts? what are the best UK will have to get to be a lock in the tournament?
If UK beats FL & LSU, they are in the big dance no matter what they do in the league tournament. Figuring that they have a couple of tough games on the road with USC & FL, I think it's hard pressed to think the Cats can win out. So, they have to at least make it to the semi-finals to feel comfortable.

UK stands at 19-8 right now. The committee has always been kind to Majors, with 20+ wins. I honestly don't know when a team from the SEC with 20+ wins has not made it, anyone got that information?????
I think they will win the SEC
king360 Wrote:I think they will win the SEC

SEC outright or just the SEC tournament?
They won't win the sec outright unless LSU looses the rest of there games, but I think if they play like they are able to play I think they can win the tournament.
cougarpride08 Wrote:They won't win the sec outright unless LSU looses the rest of there games, but I think if they play like they are able to play I think they can win the tournament.

I was waiting for the reply, but you are correct, It would be very difficult for either UK or Florida to win the SEC outright, I don't think either can. Both are 3 games back, and even if LSU loses to both UK & FL, they have Auburn and Vanderbilt on their schedule.
IMO, UK is in the NCAA already, now we're playing for seeding...

Lunardi has UK a #7 seed in today's Bracketology, and thats the highest seed of an SEC team....LSU would be an 8, Tenn & Fla have 9 seeds.

I really don't think Tennessee should be even in the mix with a record of 16-10 overall

IMO, the only teams from the SEC that should get in based on if the season ended today...

LSU - 23-4
Florida - 21-6
Kentucky - 19-8
South Carolina - 19-6

Also, the WOW factor is all four of these teams have to play each other over the next two weeks!

Now as far as who wins the SEC Tournament....I think Kentucky plays LSU for the Title and UK wins by 2
I think we will come through and win the tournament.We can beat any team in the SEC but we could also lose to any team as well.But I think we will come ready to play in the SEC tourney and win it.
BelfryPride Wrote:IMO, UK is in the NCAA already, now we're playing for seeding...

Lunardi has UK a #7 seed in today's Bracketology, and thats the highest seed of an SEC team....LSU would be an 8, Tenn & Fla have 9 seeds.

I really don't think Tennessee should be even in the mix with a record of 16-10 overall

IMO, the only teams from the SEC that should get in based on if the season ended today...

LSU - 23-4
Florida - 21-6
Kentucky - 19-8
South Carolina - 19-6

Also, the WOW factor is all four of these teams have to play each other over the next two weeks!

Now as far as who wins the SEC Tournament....I think Kentucky plays LSU for the Title and UK wins by 2

Agreed, it should be an interesting next two weeks in the SEC.
Uk is NCAA if they win 1 more game they are in IMO 20 wins and there in. just how i see it.

And Uk will win the SEC tourny this is a good team and can make some noise.
Man, the SEC is bad.
But Imo UK will win the SEC tournment.
I agree with most members that UK wins the SEC tournament, but hopefully the Cats can stay injury free and Miller, Porter, and Galloway can keep their solid play up.

GBB!
Kentucky will win the SEC tournament.
I could see them winning the SEC tournament but the guards are going to have to play good for that to happen.
Finals.
Other players are going to have to step it up consistently.
Man, I am excited again! If Kentucky runs the table at 4-0, and wins the SECT, I think we will secure atleast a 4-5 seed! If my math is correct, that would put our record at 27-8 overall , 12-4 SEC
PHS#1 Wrote:And Uk will win the SEC tourny this is a good team and can make some noise.

Thanks!....you're a knowledgeablu UL fan. UK is not great this year, but improving. IMHO, we can play with anyone if we play up to our potential and as a team!
BelfryPride Wrote:Thanks!....you're a knowledgeablu UL fan. UK is not great this year, but improving. IMHO, we can play with anyone if we play up to our potential and as a team!

I would clarify that we can beat anyone in the SEC maybe :biggrin: Outside of, ahhh, no, not anyone! :biggrin:
i think UK can win it if players step up and start playing well at the point guard position. that has been the weak spot all year and if UK can get that going its looking good
fanatic11 Wrote:i think UK can win it if players step up and start playing well at the point guard position. that has been the weak spot all year and if UK can get that going its looking good

It's the end of the season, the Cats have no other PG options, so it's not going to be any different than what they have.
Stardust Wrote:It's the end of the season, the Cats have no other PG options, so it's not going to be any different than what they have.

thats my bad. "step up" probably wasnt the best choice of words. what i meant was we are going to need some better play from the PG position, which imo has been a little shaby all year.
fanatic11 Wrote:thats my bad. "step up" probably wasnt the best choice of words. what i meant was we are going to need some better play from the PG position, which imo has been a little shaby all year.

:Thumbs: Agreed. If they get any improvement, or at least play no worse, they will be a challenge to anyteam in the SEC tournament.
i think uk will win the east, but they will have to have there A game in the tourney.
Kentucky will WIN the SEC tournment
BelfryPride Wrote:IMO, UK is in the NCAA already, now we're playing for seeding...

LSU - 23-4
Florida - 21-6
Kentucky - 19-8
South Carolina - 19-6

Not to cause an argument or nothing but how is ky ranked above USC
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I agree with most members that UK wins the SEC tournament, but hopefully the Cats can stay injury free and Miller, Porter, and Galloway can keep their solid play up.

GBB!

This is the most biased comment I have seen noway Uk is the best team in the Sec!!!!lol
theVILLE Wrote:Not to cause an argument or nothing but how is ky ranked above USC

Looks to me like that the teams were listed in no certain order.
We will play USC a whole lot better than what we played them last time.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Looks to me like that the teams were listed in no certain order.

No in seeding
Pages: 1 2