Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Clemson 74 - Duke 47
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Final in this one!!!
Horrible game by my Dukies in this one, but at least I can say we're not losing to Miss St. like some schools are.
I guess this means that Clemson is definitely a better team than Duke.
FBALL Wrote:I guess this means that Clemson is definitely a better team than Duke.

Until they play again and Duke is able to beat them, I will give Clemson that. I'm not thick headed. At least this wasn't on a neutral site and my team "wasn't capable of getting hyped up".
PC_You_Know Wrote:Until they play again and Duke is able to beat them, I will give Clemson that. I'm not thick headed. At least this wasn't on a neutral site and my team "wasn't capable of getting hyped up".
Just as in another case neither one of these teams are "my team" and I'm not making any excuses for them getting beat.
FBALL Wrote:Just as in another case neither one of these teams are "my team" and I'm not making any excuses for them getting beat.

Nope, but you dragged another thread right into this game, and it brings "your" excuses right along with it.
For Duke's case, you have to remember they played at Clemson's stadium, which was filled with crazy fans. I thought Clemson was going to win, just not this much.

I think the reason Duke lost was too many turnovers. Clemson's full court defense (while Duke was trying to pass the ball inbound) was definitely too good for Duke, and Clemson turned those turnovers into points.
Clemson is better than Duke right now as you can see and will be until Duke beats them by a margin close to this one.

Congrats Tigers!!!
Yep, but Duke can say they had won 20 in a row against Clemson, the streak had to end some time. Hopefully this is a mental check for Duke and they can come back strong for the rest of the season.
:eek: ...:Cheerlead
Deathstar 80 Wrote:For Duke's case, you have to remember they played at Clemson's stadium, which was filled with crazy fans. I thought Clemson was going to win, just not this much.

I think the reason Duke lost was too many turnovers. Clemson's full court defense (while Duke was trying to pass the ball inbound) was definitely too good for Duke, and Clemson turned those turnovers into points.

It wasn't just turnovers, there was a combination of things. You can't lose by 27 just because of turnovers.
:lmao:
Is Clemson that good or is Puke that bad?
Sad
PC_You_Know Wrote:Horrible game by my Dukies in this one, but at least I can say we're not losing to Miss St. like some schools are.

You have UK as one of your favorite teams but then you go and put them down. Then you talk about your "Dukies", why even bring Miss. St into this thread??? UK may be having trouble but just rememer UK has more wins and more championships.
Glad to see Duke go down, haha
In a few years, Duke will pass UK for wins, it doesn't matter how many championships you have if someone has more wins than you, that means they're the more consistent team, and that is how you define a "dynasty", by consistency.
Yeah i dont think Duke will pass them, and yeah I think having championships does matter.
PC_You_Know Wrote:In a few years, Duke will pass UK for wins, it doesn't matter how many championships you have if someone has more wins than you, that means they're the more consistent team, and that is how you define a "dynasty", by consistency.

Shouldn't you change your favorite team from Kentucky to Duke?Wink
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Shouldn't you change your favorite team from Kentucky to Duke?Wink

haha
outdoorsman43 Wrote:It wasn't just turnovers, there was a combination of things. You can't lose by 27 just because of turnovers.

I know Clemson didn't win just because of Duke's turnovers, but that's what stood out to me.
Cavsfan(-12) Wrote:Yeah i dont think Duke will pass them, and yeah I think having championships does matter.

Duke is only behind by about 200 wins in 4 less years played.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Shouldn't you change your favorite team from Kentucky to Duke?Wink

thats what i was thinking.. pretty stupid..
PC_You_Know Wrote:Duke is only behind by about 200 wins in 4 less years played.

Well it isnt like UK is not going to win a game in 4 years.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:I know Clemson didn't win just because of Duke's turnovers, but that's what stood out to me.

Yeah, I agree. That was the biggest problem for the Dukies tonight.
Cavsfan(-12) Wrote:Well it isnt like UK is not going to win a game in 4 years.

No, but its sad that in 4 more years, UK is only up by 200, when they have 4 more national championships.
Still dont understand how someone can cheer for Duke and say they are a UK fan...how???
Cavsfan(-12) Wrote:Still dont understand how someone can cheer for Duke and say they are a UK fan...how???

I'm originally from Ohio, I moved to Kentucky, I loved Duke long before I laid foot here, but I must represent where I'm from.

I am fans of Ohio State, Miami(Florida), Duke, and Kentucky.
Wow, did not expect this. Congrats to Clemson!
PC_You_Know Wrote:I'm originally from Ohio, I moved to Kentucky, I loved Duke long before I laid foot here, but I must represent where I'm from.

I am fans of Ohio State, Miami(Florida), Duke, and Kentucky.

Just out of curiosity..Who do you root for when Duke plays Miami?:p
PC_You_Know Wrote:Nope, but you dragged another thread right into this game, and it brings "your" excuses right along with it.
I didn't make any of those excuses that you are reffering to. Might want to go back and reread some of those comments in the other threads.
Pages: 1 2 3