Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Premier High School Sports Preseason Rankings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Home | University of Kentucky (premierhighschoolsports.com)

30. Central

29. Raceland

28. Logan County

27. Lexington Catholic

26. Belfry

25. Pulaski County

24. PRP

23. Bowling Green

22. Ryle

21. Southwestern

20. Bryan Station

19. Paducah Tilghman

18. Mayfield

17. Corbin

16. CAL

Troy is counting down his top 30 and doing 1 each day.
Disagree or Agree. I like opinions. Whats yours?
I think Central finishes top 20.
He doesn’t know much about some of the teams. He’s mentioned some “kids to watch” that will hardly see the field this year or really struggled last year.
15. DuPont Manual
(08-04-2022, 09:57 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]15. DuPont Manual
See this surprised me a ton. Central is on the upstroke pretty heavy this year, yet dupont as a 6A school beats them by 2 in a turnover filled game and then goes on to win NO other big games. The rest of the teams they beat were good but not great teams. They lose pretty much all their production in northington and wilson. So wouldn’t a reasonable person put central above manual?
That’s a good way to look at it. I haven’t went into looking at every team ranked yet, When it’s finalized and I’m curious where Some teams are going to land. Still some big names left and some I think that might get overlooked. Not a bad starting point to evaluate teams but opinions is what it ultimately is.
(08-04-2022, 10:10 AM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-04-2022, 09:57 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]15. DuPont Manual
See this surprised me a ton. Central is on the upstroke pretty heavy this year, yet dupont as a 6A school beats them by 2 in a turnover filled game and then goes on to win NO other big games. The rest of the teams they beat were good but not great teams. They lose pretty much all their production in northington and wilson. So wouldn’t a reasonable person put central above manual?
It’s just for fun.Bo way it’s even close to being accurate.
Remaining teams that should or could be in his top 14:
Madison Central
Trinity
Boyle
ST.X
Male
Bullitt East
Franklin
Johnson Central
South Warren
Woodford County
Bowling Green
LCA
Beechwood
Pikeville
Covington Catholic

Just for fun. Who do you have?
(08-04-2022, 12:25 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Remaining teams that should or could be in his top 14:
Madison Central
Trinity
Boyle
ST.X
Male
Bullitt East
Franklin
Johnson Central
South Warren
Woodford County
Bowling Green
LCA
Beechwood
Pikeville
Covington Catholic

Just for fun. Who do you have?

I think that Frederick Douglass should be in the top 14 as I am sure they will be certainly he would not put out this ranking and not have them even ranked in the top 30.
I just looked at my list and I didn't write them down, but I had them on mine as well. I agree. They should be there.

Douglass is very close to a championship and proved that in last years championship game. Will this be the year?
Even as a Belfry fan I don’t see how he can put Belfry above Central. Central dominated us last year and we lost Mr. football and they return the running back who ran all over the field against us last year.
Central is just one of those teams that can reload with talent year in and year out. With this cross districting in place, someone will get introduced to Central most likely in the 3rd round unlike the last couple of years. RPI will mean a little bit more and each loss for this 4A group becomes more significant because of such a meaningful road or home game. I would have them inside the 15-20 mark easy. 4A has about 6 teams every year looking to lock horns and have that chance to play on Kroger field. Lexington Catholic is another team that could benefit from this cross districting.  I can't wait....
#14 Franklin County
(08-05-2022, 12:12 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]#14 Franklin County
Probably a good spot for them. They have a lot to prove this year.
(08-05-2022, 12:29 PM)16 special Wrote: [ -> ]

I think two years in a row they have ended the season in a battle. Last years JC game had some controversy but I felt Franklin was a different team than when Corbin played them earlier last year. I look for Franklin to be right in the thick of 4A come late November. Could be the second best team in 4A just behind Boyle. Time will tell all.
(08-05-2022, 12:48 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-05-2022, 12:29 PM)16 special Wrote: [ -> ]

I think two years in a row they have ended the season in a battle. Last years JC game had some controversy but I felt Franklin was a different team than when Corbin played them earlier last year. I look for Franklin to be right in the thick of 4A come late November. Could be the second best team in 4A just behind Boyle. Time will tell all.
Let’s see where they are after week 5 before we say all that. If they are at 5-0, they will be in the convo.
#13 Pikeville
Pikeville could end up that high but probably too high to start. I would have them in the 17-20 range.
Belfry will surprise everybody. Loaded
#12 Madison Central
#11 South Warren
#10 Woodford County
(08-09-2022, 09:27 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]#10 Woodford County
No way they are better than south warren.
(08-09-2022, 10:03 AM)16 special Wrote: [ -> ]

(08-09-2022, 10:03 AM)16 special Wrote: [ -> ]

South Warren is worthy year after year.  After watching this interview, Woodford has some big ole lineman and brings back a worthy Running Back. I want to see this years rematch of Franklin County. Franklin and Woodford went toe to toe last year at Woodford County.
#9 Johnson Central
#8 Owensboro
#7 Trinity
(08-06-2022, 10:49 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]#13 Pikeville

too high this is state rankings not 1a football
#6 LCA
(08-13-2022, 10:13 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]#6 LCA

Is this a 'pound-for-pound' ranking or is he seriously saying LCA would beat Trinity?
No offense to the fine folks at Lexington Christian Academy, but I'd have to see that to believe it.
Pages: 1 2