Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Football in the 13th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Rank your 13th region teams from top to bottom. Hopefully this thread can continue throughout the year. 
Ill start 
preseason
1. Corbin 
2. Bell
3. North Laurel
4. Knox
5. Clay
6. Middlesboro
7. Whitley 
8. Harlan County 
9. Williamsburg 
10. Pineville 
11. South Laurel 
12. Harlan
13. Jackson County 
14. Lynn Camp

Subject to change after the first week of august scrimmages.
(07-26-2022, 03:29 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: [ -> ]Rank your 13th region teams from top to bottom. Hopefully this thread can continue throughout the year. 
Ill start 
preseason
1. Corbin 
2. Bell
3. North Laurel
4. Knox
5. Clay
6. Middlesboro
7. Whitley 
8. Harlan County 
9. Williamsburg 
10. Pineville 
11. South Laurel 
12. Harlan
13. Jackson County 
14. Lynn Camp

Subject to change after the first week of august scrimmages.

Williamsburg and Whitley County would smoke Clay County thoroughly.
1. Corbin
2. North Laurel
3. Knox Central
4. Bell County
5. Williamsburg
6. Harlan County
7. Clay County
8. Middlesboro
9. Whitley County
10. South Laurel
11. Pineville
12. Harlan
13. Jackson County
14. Lynn Camp
North
Corbin
Bell
Knox
Harlan
Clay
Mboro
South
Whitley
Harlan
(07-26-2022, 09:30 PM)Spoozer12 Wrote: [ -> ]North
Corbin
Bell
Knox 
Harlan
Clay
Mboro
South
Whitley
Harlan
Woah
(07-26-2022, 07:37 PM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]1. Corbin
2. North Laurel
3. Knox Central
4. Bell County
5. Williamsburg
6. Harlan County
7. Clay County
8. Middlesboro
9. Whitley County
10. South Laurel
11. Pineville
12. Harlan
13. Jackson County
14. Lynn Camp

Whitley County is gonna beat North Laurel and all your teams.
(07-26-2022, 09:30 PM)Spoozer12 Wrote: [ -> ]North
Corbin
Bell
Knox
Harlan
Clay
Mboro
South
Whitley
Harlan
^ LOL
Hearing Middlesboro only has about 20 kids out and Lynn Camp has less than 15 showing up most days. Football in the region is struggling right now.
1. Corbin 

2. North Laurel 
2. Bell County 

3. Knox Central 
3. Williamsburg 

4. Whitley County
4. Clay County 
4. Harlan County
4. Middlesboro 

5. South Laurel 
5. Pineville 
5. Harlan
5. Jackson County 
5. Lynn Camp
(07-27-2022, 10:38 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]1. Corbin 

2. North Laurel 
2. Bell County 

3. Knox Central 
3. Williamsburg 

4. Whitley County
4. Clay County 
4. Harlan County
4. Middlesboro 

5. South Laurel 
5. Pineville 
5. Harlan
5. Jackson County 
5. Lynn Camp

I would probably move Middlesboro down to the that 5th group, French is a good coach but they lost a ton and just don't have the numbers or depth to really compete this year unless something drastic changes. When your line is playing both sides of the ball the second half will be brutal more times than not.

2. North Laurel 
2. Bell County 

3. Knox Central 
3. Williamsburg 

4. Whitley County
4. Clay County 
4. Harlan County
4. Middlesboro 

5. South Laurel 
5. Pineville 
5. Harlan
5. Jackson County 
5. Lynn Camp
Hey now this is a kinda cheating. I would’ve done this is if possible. The only disagreement is that i think williamsburg is probably slightly ahead of group 4 but not with KC. I think some of the teams in group 4 beat williamsburg. I understand that they return probably the most pure QB in the region but up front teams like HC and Knox would run right over them. Clay is sorta a mystery cause they are silent on here so far. And middlesboro returns grigsby. So i would stick them in group 4.
(07-27-2022, 12:19 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: [ -> ]

2. North Laurel 
2. Bell County 

3. Knox Central 
3. Williamsburg 

4. Whitley County
4. Clay County 
4. Harlan County
4. Middlesboro 

5. South Laurel 
5. Pineville 
5. Harlan
5. Jackson County 
5. Lynn Camp
Hey now this is a kinda cheating. I would’ve done this is if possible. The only disagreement is that i think williamsburg is probably slightly ahead of group 4 but not with KC. I think some of the teams in group 4 beat williamsburg. I understand that they return probably the most pure QB in the region but up front teams like HC and Knox would run right over them. Clay is sorta a mystery cause they are silent on here so far. And middlesboro returns grigsby. So i would stick them in group 4.

Smile Just having a little preseason fun. I like to rank the teams as high as I can preseason because its about to get reall next week. Clay County is a team that scrimages Whitley, Williamsburg and then plays Knox County and Harlan County. It won't take too many weeks to get a real ideal of how these teams stack up. North Laurel scrimmages Boyle County and then takes on Bell on the road, I think thats a good move to get his team ready for Bell in week 1. So this will change real quick or might just be on lock down early LOL.  Its Football time!
(07-27-2022, 12:42 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]

2. North Laurel 
2. Bell County 

3. Knox Central 
3. Williamsburg 

4. Whitley County
4. Clay County 
4. Harlan County
4. Middlesboro 

5. South Laurel 
5. Pineville 
5. Harlan
5. Jackson County 
5. Lynn Camp

Smile Just having a little preseason fun. I like to rank the teams as high as I can preseason because its about to get reall next week. Clay County is a team that scrimages Whitley, Williamsburg and then plays Knox County and Harlan County. It won't take too many weeks to get a real ideal of how these teams stack up. North Laurel scrimmages Boyle County and then takes on Bell on the road, I think thats a good move to get his team ready for Bell in week 1. So this will change real quick or might just be on lock down early LOL.  Its Football time!
Where will the Williamsburg,Whitley scrimmage be against Clay an date.  Asking for a friend. Lol!!

2. North Laurel 
2. Bell County 

3. Knox Central 
3. Williamsburg 

4. Whitley County
4. Clay County 
4. Harlan County
4. Middlesboro 

5. South Laurel 
5. Pineville 
5. Harlan
5. Jackson County 
5. Lynn Camp

I like that preseason ranking method for two reasons. It’s hard to know what all of the teams have before they play that first game and I feel like there are clusters of teams that are very close the further you move down the list. Here is mine:

1. Corbin

2. North Laurel

3. Bell County
3. Knox Central 

4. Clay County
4. Williamsburg

5. Whitley County
5. Harlan County
5. Middlesboro

6. South Laurel
6. Pineville
6. Harlan
6. Jackson County
6. Lynn Camp
(07-27-2022, 01:02 PM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]

2. North Laurel 
2. Bell County 

3. Knox Central 
3. Williamsburg 

4. Whitley County
4. Clay County 
4. Harlan County
4. Middlesboro 

5. South Laurel 
5. Pineville 
5. Harlan
5. Jackson County 
5. Lynn Camp

Where will the Williamsburg,Whitley scrimmage be against Clay an date.  Asking for a friend. Lol!!

He better get his grill hot and ready, Whitley Countys bus leaves next Friday (8/05) @ 4:30 to head to Clay County and Then Williamsburg will see what they are holding in QB duel the following week with Clay County on (8/12) both games at Clay County.

2. North Laurel 
2. Bell County 

3. Knox Central 
3. Williamsburg 

4. Whitley County
4. Clay County 
4. Harlan County
4. Middlesboro 

5. South Laurel 
5. Pineville 
5. Harlan
5. Jackson County 
5. Lynn Camp

I don't think Harlan County could keep up with Williamsburg. Whitley County easily handled The Black Bears on the road last year. My Colonels still have a ways to go, but they are getting faster and stronger.
(07-27-2022, 01:21 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]

2. North Laurel 
2. Bell County 

3. Knox Central 
3. Williamsburg 

4. Whitley County
4. Clay County 
4. Harlan County
4. Middlesboro 

5. South Laurel 
5. Pineville 
5. Harlan
5. Jackson County 
5. Lynn Camp

He better get his grill hot and ready, Whitley Countys bus leaves next Friday (8/05) @ 4:30 to head to Clay County and Then Williamsburg will see what they are holding in QB duel the following week with Clay County on (8/12) both games at Clay County.

Does Whitley County play Corbin at Madison Central?
(07-27-2022, 07:52 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-27-2022, 12:19 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: [ -> ]Hey now this is a kinda cheating. I would’ve done this is if possible. The only disagreement is that i think williamsburg is probably slightly ahead of group 4 but not with KC. I think some of the teams in group 4 beat williamsburg. I understand that they return probably the most pure QB in the region but up front teams like HC and Knox would run right over them. Clay is sorta a mystery cause they are silent on here so far. And middlesboro returns grigsby. So i would stick them in group 4.

Corbin and Whitley schedule says game at Corbin unless something has changed.
(07-27-2022, 09:26 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-27-2022, 07:52 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-27-2022, 12:42 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Smile Just having a little preseason fun. I like to rank the teams as high as I can preseason because its about to get reall next week. Clay County is a team that scrimages Whitley, Williamsburg and then plays Knox County and Harlan County. It won't take too many weeks to get a real ideal of how these teams stack up. North Laurel scrimmages Boyle County and then takes on Bell on the road, I think thats a good move to get his team ready for Bell in week 1. So this will change real quick or might just be on lock down early LOL.  Its Football time!

Corbin and Whitley schedule says game at Corbin unless something has changed.
Earlier on KHSAA it said at Madison Central. Now it says at Corbin.
(07-27-2022, 07:50 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]

2. North Laurel 
2. Bell County 

3. Knox Central 
3. Williamsburg 

4. Whitley County
4. Clay County 
4. Harlan County
4. Middlesboro 

5. South Laurel 
5. Pineville 
5. Harlan
5. Jackson County 
5. Lynn Camp

I don't think Harlan County could keep up with Williamsburg. Whitley County easily handled The Black Bears on the road last year. My Colonels still have a ways to go, but they are getting faster and stronger.
One thing i would never do is doubt HC with amos. He showed up last year in the middle of june and just tried to keep the program afloat. I think they have pretty good things around the program right now and are on the upward trend. You have to have a line to survive in this state, and from what i heard Harlan County has one of the best. So i think the cover the burg. For whitley i think it will be a lot closer now and i don’t expect 50 plus points to be scored every night on HC.
So Harlan County sounds like on the upward trend and Knox Central. Hearing Knox is much improved. New coaches changing the culture fast at these two programs.
Based on what I've seen and heard so far. and with absolute no bias

1 North L
2 Bell
2a Corbin
3 Knox C
4 Clay
5 Harlan Co
6 Whitley
6a Williamsburg
7 Pineville
8 South
9 Harlan
10 Jackson
11 Lynn Camp
(08-06-2022, 11:37 AM)FallRock Wrote: [ -> ]Based on what I've seen and heard so far. and with absolute no bias

1 North L
2 Bell
2a Corbin
3 Knox C
4 Clay
5 Harlan Co
6 Whitley
6a Williamsburg
7 Pineville
8 South
9 Harlan
10 Jackson
11 Lynn Camp

Its been a while since I’ve seen a list without Corbin at the top in the region, could this be North Laurel’s year to be the top dog in the 13th region? I think they have a shot at their district and wish they could somehow play Corbin. 
Time will tell and I could be wrong but I don’t see Bell being in the same conversation as Corbin or North Laurel. I think they fit closer in that next tier with Knox and Clay. It’s almost time to pad up and see who belongs and who doesn’t.
(08-06-2022, 11:48 AM)fansville Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-06-2022, 11:37 AM)FallRock Wrote: [ -> ]Based on what I've seen and heard so far. and with absolute no bias

1 North L
2 Bell
2a Corbin
3 Knox C
4 Clay
5 Harlan Co
6 Whitley
6a Williamsburg
7 Pineville
8 South
9 Harlan
10 Jackson
11 Lynn Camp

Its been a while since I’ve seen a list without Corbin at the top in the region, could this be North Laurel’s year to be the top dog in the 13th region? I think they have a shot at their district and wish they could somehow play Corbin. 
Time will tell and I could be wrong but I don’t see Bell being in the same conversation as Corbin or North Laurel. I think they fit closer in that next tier with Knox and Clay. It’s almost time to pad up and see who belongs and who doesn’t.

Corbin has lost some key play makers to other schools and to the best of my knowledge to injury recently making the gap closer, a lot of that matchup would depend on where it was played. I'd give bell a fair shot on log mountain. 
Whitley County should be ranked ahead of Clay and Harlan County. North Laurel has no shot at winning district. Corbin would thoroughly smoke their hind ends .
(08-06-2022, 12:40 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]Whitley County should be ranked ahead of Clay and Harlan County. North Laurel has no shot at winning district. Corbin would thoroughly smoke their hind ends .

Big Grin I love it..... I know for a fact some contracts will be open after this year, Clay and North are more than welcome to sign on the dotted line.....................................................................................
(08-06-2022, 12:46 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-06-2022, 12:40 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]Whitley County should be ranked ahead of Clay and Harlan County. North Laurel has no shot at winning district. Corbin would thoroughly smoke their hind ends .

Big Grin I love it..... I know for a fact some contracts will be open after this year, Clay and North are more than welcome to sign on the dotted line.....................................................................................

I'm not following why clay was thrown into that, I clearly had them ranked below corbin. Anyways, Going on Norths scrimmages this year I would imagine they would have no problem scheduling corbin next year (if you play boyle or johnson you're not scared of corbin). I sure hope both schools will make this happen, but I personally don't see corbin agreeing to it. No one is taking a dig at Corbin, It isn't personal if someone doesn't think their world beaters i hate that it hurts peoples feelings when they don't put them up on a pedestal. North just has more talent and would frankly run the ball all over corbin this year IMO.   Also Whitley had their shot.

They are too skeered.
(08-06-2022, 01:01 PM)FallRock Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm not following why clay was thrown into that, I clearly had them ranked below corbin. Anyways, Going on Norths scrimmages this year I would imagine they would have no problem scheduling corbin next year (if you play boyle or johnson you're not scared of corbin). I sure hope both schools will make this happen, but I personally don't see corbin agreeing to it. No one is taking a dig at Corbin, It isn't personal if someone doesn't think their world beaters i hate that it hurts peoples feelings when they don't put them up on a pedestal. North just has more talent and would frankly run the ball all over corbin this year IMO.    Also Whitley had their shot.
I'm not a Corbin fan. Your feelings are hurt, because North Laurel is a  mediocre at best, underachieving 6A team playing in 5A. I amost fell out of my chair laughing when I read that North would run the ball all over Corbin. You got started drinking early today. You won't make it until tonight at this rate.
(08-06-2022, 01:35 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-06-2022, 01:01 PM)FallRock Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm not following why clay was thrown into that, I clearly had them ranked below corbin. Anyways, Going on Norths scrimmages this year I would imagine they would have no problem scheduling corbin next year (if you play boyle or johnson you're not scared of corbin). I sure hope both schools will make this happen, but I personally don't see corbin agreeing to it. No one is taking a dig at Corbin, It isn't personal if someone doesn't think their world beaters i hate that it hurts peoples feelings when they don't put them up on a pedestal. North just has more talent and would frankly run the ball all over corbin this year IMO.    Also Whitley had their shot.
I'm not a Corbin fan. Your feelings are hurt, because North Laurel is a  mediocre at best, underachieving 6A team playing in 5A. I amost fell out of my chair laughing when I read that North would run the ball all over Corbin. You got started drinking early today. You won't make it until tonight at this rate.

you may be correct my friend. not as mediocre as a 5a school losing to a middle of the pack 4a (should be 3a) school. Of course that's depending on who you ask at this point but my sources are pretty reliable. Let me know if you find that game tape.
Pages: 1 2 3 4