Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville vs Belfry Predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm going to take Belfry in this one! What do you all think?

Belfry 32
Pikeville 24
When and where is this game? Didn't Pikeville beat Belfry earlier?
jetpilot Wrote:When and where is this game? Didn't Pikeville beat Belfry earlier?

Yep. Panthers beat the Bucs 28 - 14 on Sept. 19th. Hard to beat a team twice in the season, but the Panthers are playing good ball right now.
Btw, gonna be at Belfry, jet.
Big Five-0- Wrote:Btw, gonna be at Belfry, jet.

Anyone know when? Would like to see this one.
jetpilot Wrote:anyone know when? Would like to see this one.

7:30
AngryMob Wrote:7:30

We're slowly getting there. Anyone got a day?

:biggrin:
jetpilot Wrote:We're slowly getting there. Anyone got a day?

:biggrin:

Sorry thought you knew... Tuesday night.
AngryMob Wrote:Sorry thought you knew... Tuesday night.

Thanks. I can make that game! Could be a classic!
Saturday 6:00 at Belfry, the game was changed.
Belfry is totally a different team from the last time they played . I’d say if Belfry plays like they’ve looked in practice, they win by 2 or 3 td.....Go Belfry
Pikeville wins 8-0. Looks like Belfry's strength of schedule may have hurt them. LOL. You get better by playing stronger competition, not avoiding them. Pikeville stepped up and played teams that are KYMSFA Division 1 and it shows. As Paintsville fans know, along with Pikeville and Hazard, Belfry did not deserve #1 and home field. Congrats Panthers.
They did deserve the 1 seed due to having a higher point average at seeding.
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:They did deserve the 1 seed due to having a higher point average at seeding.

Someone from downstate saying they know better than the locals. Typical.
Everybody in EKy knows better. Your seeding process is VERY faulty and as is usually the case the "powers that be" will be the last ones to figure it out.
Tiger77 Wrote:Pikeville wins 8-0. Looks like Belfry's strength of schedule may have hurt them. LOL. You get better by playing stronger competition, not avoiding them. Pikeville stepped up and played teams that are KYMSFA Division 1 and it shows. As Paintsville fans know, along with Pikeville and Hazard, Belfry did not deserve #1 and home field. Congrats Panthers.

:Thumbs:
Tiger77 Wrote:Pikeville wins 8-0. Looks like Belfry's strength of schedule may have hurt them. LOL. You get better by playing stronger competition, not avoiding them. Pikeville stepped up and played teams that are KYMSFA Division 1 and it shows. As Paintsville fans know, along with Pikeville and Hazard, Belfry did not deserve #1 and home field. Congrats Panthers.

Can you elaborate on this?
jetpilot Wrote:Someone from downstate saying they know better than the locals. Typical.
Everybody in EKy knows better. Your seeding process is VERY faulty and as is usually the case the "powers that be" will be the last ones to figure it out.

Suggest a better solution then.
I would love to know how you would seed teams other than by taking and determining average and highest average gets highest seed.
jetpilot Wrote:Someone from downstate saying they know better than the locals. Typical.

The seeding process is the same every season. It never changes and it isn't a moving target. If you don't like your seed then change the way you schedule. At the end of the day you're gonna have to beat the best to be the best so I don't see what all the fuss is about anyway. Beat the team in front of you and you'll be fine.
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:I would love to know how you would seed teams other than by taking and determining average and highest average gets highest seed.

Average what?
Single Wing 77 Wrote:The seeding process is the same every season. It never changes and it isn't a moving target. If you don't like your seed then change the way you schedule. At the end of the day you're gonna have to beat the best to be the best so I don't see what all the fuss is about anyway. Beat the team in front of you and you'll be fine.

So why seed? Especially since it is so obviously flawed.
plantmanky Wrote:Suggest a better solution then.

I know it's a lot of (mostly thankless) work. At least you are willing to hear a suggestion while the other two posters basically said just deal with the (flawed) system. Tell me how Belfry managed a 1 seed when they were the 4th best team (at best) out of 5 and by all means I will offer my opinion of a better way. Of course you don't have to listen but I know there's a better way just by virtue of Belfry being a 1.
The wins Belfry had in regular season were against higher division opponents. This meant they earned more points for wins than say a team who played only this in there division.

Seeding has been explained to all ends but I’ll do it again. A win earns you points:

D1=30
D2=20
D3=10

Now a d3 team that’s plays and loses to a d1 teams earns 5 points for the loss to a top division team.

You take the teams you played and beat. Add up the points you got for wins and divide them by total games played.
I get the points and all that, and I don’t think that system is completely bad. But I think head to head stuff should be looked at as well. It’s like with the old BCS stuff, should a undefeated mid major play in the championship over a one loss SEC team? Well I’d say no. But if two teams have one loss, the winner of that game between the two should be the higher ranked.

Taken Northern Pulaski for instance. Spanked North Laurel, North Laurel beat South Laurel. But south laurel got a 2 seed, north a 3 and northern a 4.

Those are the instances I see flaws in the point system, but obviously no matter system is used there will be flaws. I’d say for the most parts it gets it right. But for region 4 7th grade, and this region I think the system missed the target.
LOL probably the worst system ever.
So look at that on the varsity level and Pikeville would get more points for beating winless Calloway County a few weeks back than Beechwood would get for beating Corbin or Simon Kenton would get for beating Beechwood. So avoid the Corbins and Beechwoods and schedule the winless Calloway Countys of the world.

Under your seeding:
1. Pikeville
2. Simon Kenton
3. Beechwood

That's why you have 4 seeds (Pikeville) beating 1 seeds (Belfry) on their home field twice, in the regular season and playoffs. In other words your seeding system is meaningless except to coaches who would try to game your flawed system.
Ok then Offer up what you see as a good seeding system since this one sucks so much.
What's worse is Pikeville could get as many points for beating ONE crappy winless D-1 team ONCE as playing Beechwood, Paintsville and Hazard TWICE EACH and going 3-3 in those games.:Shaking:

Don't know where Belfry got all their points but they didn't play a schedule like Pikeville's. Somebody post their wins and losses and you will see what I mean.:igiveup:
I want to be clear that I really enjoy following middle school football, even more so since you guys have helped give it a HUGE boost. But the seeding system needs some tweaking in my humble opinion. So overall, I have you at a solid A- :biggrin: and hope you all keep up the good work.
So you dont have another solution, got it.
CoachNM0523 Wrote:I get the points and all that, and I don’t think that system is completely bad. But I think head to head stuff should be looked at as well. It’s like with the old BCS stuff, should a undefeated mid major play in the championship over a one loss SEC team? Well I’d say no. But if two teams have one loss, the winner of that game between the two should be the higher ranked.

Taken Northern Pulaski for instance. Spanked North Laurel, North Laurel beat South Laurel. But south laurel got a 2 seed, north a 3 and northern a 4.

Those are the instances I see flaws in the point system, but obviously no matter system is used there will be flaws. I’d say for the most parts it gets it right. But for region 4 7th grade, and this region I think the system missed the target.

Didn’t get to watch many 7th grade games this year because two of the teams you mentioned in this post ran like scared little girls and the result was we didn’t have many home games to watch but some of the 7th grade parents said Pulaski was one of the best teams they’d played and deserved to play for the region. With that being said getting to beat North Laurel like a drum to win the region is like an early Christmas present 🎁 :Wave::Wave::Wave::Wave::Wave::Wave::Wave::Wave::Wave::party2:
Pages: 1 2