Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Tennessee 89 Kentucky 85
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Final!!

Tennesee wins it, great game 2 both teams!!!
final.

I'll have my crow with ketchup. I just never thought Kentucky would have played that poor of a defense. So many open shots.
Agreed, Really dumb Turnovers at the end of the game. Turnovers and bad defense beat them.
alfus21 Wrote:final.

I'll have my crow with ketchup. I just never thought Kentucky would have played that poor of a defense. So many open shots.

Yup,Ky came together at the end,
Saturday is now a must win game.
alfus21 Wrote:Saturday is now a must win game.

who do they play?
guys the refs wanted tennessee to win this one once the game was scheduled but im pissed about the turnovers...down the stretch our leaders (bradley and crawford) make stupid turnovers u cant win like that...im dreading to see what kentucky will be on monday
golfman42 Wrote:guys the refs wanted tennessee to win this one once the game was scheduled but im pissed about the turnovers...down the stretch our leaders (bradley and crawford) make stupid turnovers u cant win like that...im dreading to see what kentucky will be on monday

Refs? Uk just plain out beat their self, and they play Saturday Vs Alabama not monday.
Alabama, did they beat Ky the 1st match
NYY10 Wrote:Alabama, did they beat Ky the 1st match
they havent played yet.
I really thought this was the worst officiated game I have seen in the SEC this year. But that did not beat UK, defense beat them, Lofton was only about 75 % lay off of him a bit.
golfman42 Wrote:guys the refs wanted tennessee to win this one once the game was scheduled but im pissed about the turnovers...down the stretch our leaders (bradley and crawford) make stupid turnovers u cant win like that...im dreading to see what kentucky will be on monday

Before Kentucky had to start foulin at the end the fouls were 11 to 10. Refs had nothin to do with the turnout of this game, UK played piss poor defense and had too many costly turnovers.
Super_de Wrote:they havent played yet.

oh, my bad
BAD CALLED GAME?Smile ..I think UK looked like crap playing D tonight! Lofton ate them up!
I picked the score UT 82 UK 77..Not to bad..
If you are Tubby Smith, how do you even look at Lofton when you are shakin hands after he put up huge numbers AGAIN, KNOWING that you could have had him on your team??? An intersting stat the commentators were talkin about, Lofton has hit more 3 pointers in his college career than what all 3 of Tubby's gaurds he signed over Lofton has hit COMBINED.
LMAO..That is an awesome stat that makes me smile!
The game was called fair, why is everyone sayin it wasent? Uk lost because of their Turnovers. Not refs, Turnovers.
Redneck Wrote:If you are Tubby Smith, how do you even look at Lofton when you are shakin hands after he put up huge numbers AGAIN, KNOWING that you could have had him on your team??? An intersting stat the commentators were talkin about, Lofton has hit more 3 pointers in his college career than what all 3 of Tubby's gaurds he signed over Lofton has hit COMBINED.

You look at him knowing that he didn't look like a Division 1 talent to anyone in the country, with the exception of Buzz Peterson who took him late when another player didn't meet academic requirements.

I would have loved to have had Lofton, but we don't. End of story.
Redneck Wrote:If you are Tubby Smith, how do you even look at Lofton when you are shakin hands after he put up huge numbers AGAIN, KNOWING that you could have had him on your team??? An intersting stat the commentators were talkin about, Lofton has hit more 3 pointers in his college career than what all 3 of Tubby's gaurds he signed over Lofton has hit COMBINED.
When is people going to stop with this, Does everyone have to explain to you people 100 times why tubby didnt go for lofton?
Lofton had a good game, but 18 open lay ups and dunks by Chism and Crews won the game for Tennessee.

This loss sucked, but UT is tough with Lofton and at their place. This loss wont' hurt the ranking that bad IF UK can come out Saturday and beat #25 Bama at their place.
Another thing that has hurt UK in the last 2 games has been the slow starts. They have outscored Florida and Tennessee in the 2nd half of both these games.
On a side note, Kentucky's RPI stayed at #7 after this loss and their SOS is still #2.

Tennessee's is 12, and SOS is 5.
But that is why they play 2 halves unfortunately!
Bradley tries to do way too much IMO. Always thought he's been the "ball hog" on this team, but Crawford played a great game as did Morris for the most part. However, the defense that has usually been there all season must have missed the bus to Knoxville or something...when a team has a wide open lay-up something is wrong. Congrats to Lofton and the Vols, they just wanted it more.
Smile I know that Playboy. Just thought I'd throw it there. Just don't understand why these guys dig themselves in such a hole to start a game.
alfus21 Wrote:You look at him knowing that he didn't look like a Division 1 talent to anyone in the country, with the exception of Buzz Peterson who took him late when another player didn't meet academic requirements.

I would have loved to have had Lofton, but we don't. End of story.

It's funny everyone in the state of Kentucky thought he was D1 and wanted him at UK, but Tubby thought players like Rondo were better Rolleyes .

Super_de Wrote:When is people going to stop with this, Does everyone have to explain to you people 100 times why tubby didnt go for lofton?

To answer your first question, NEVER... Explain to us again why Tubby didn't go for Lofton Super_de, explain why he thought players like Rondo, Crawford and Bradley were better.
The number 3 and 4 is killing Kentucky! Crawford/Morris/Meeks/Jasper/and I guess bradley is the best lineup..i would almost go with 4 guards, lol..
I love seein Lofton play good against anyone Tennessee faces, but I love it even more when he plays good again UK. I would rather see UK win the game though.
Redneck Wrote:It's funny everyone in the state of Kentucky thought he was D1 and wanted him at UK, but Tubby thought players like Rondo were better Rolleyes .

To answer your first question, NEVER... Explain to us again why Tubby didn't go for Lofton Super_de, explain why he thought players like Rondo, Crawford and Bradley were better.

Yeah #1 ranked point guard in the class of 04, who was a 1st round draft pick in the NBA draft. Why would Tubby go after an All American like Rondo, Crawford(#1 SG in his class) and Morris (#1 Center in his class) along with a highly ranked Bradley other than a zero star Lofton. I guess you need to be hitting up a college team to scout if you honestly knew that Lofton was going to be this good, because Tubby didn't see it, Pitino didn't see it, and Huggins didn't see it.
Pages: 1 2 3