Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: KAPOS Divisions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Does everyone know what division they are competing in yet? You do not have to post what you are going if you don't want to. You could simply talk about what division you like best or what you think is the easiest or hardest.. This is just to get an idea of who is competing and in what category they are planning to do!

:Cheerlead and please dont lie just because you wanna throw somebody else off. Either tell the truth or dont answer, just say what u like the best.
:Cheerlead
maybe they will wait and see what division the Pikeville Jr. High squad goes?
Seems like that is a hot topic every year.
True. But isn't it a little close to KAPOS to be waiting? I understand if a squad is stuck between medium or small. But I mean traditional and 2 1/2. Wouldn't you need to know your routine by now?
I predict that Paintsville will not be cheering in Kapos once again.
Prestonsburg has not decided if they are going to attend KAPOS this year or not.
Why not? Both squads are very talented!
What day is 15 region KAPOS on? First I heard it was the 21st, then the 28th?
It says 21th on the website, but I just want to make sure.
I've been told that it was the 28th....I'll have to find out and make sure though
I'm almost certain it's on the 21st.
Does anyone know who all is attending KAPOS and what divisions they'll be in?
"girls gone traditional"
<3

good luck to all that DO decide to compete this year
and I would hate to know that some talented squads may not be competing-- i love to watch everybody!
Well I heard that pikeville was going medium!:rockon:
Today is the meeting where everyone has to declare.
I say Good Luck to all participating squads! I appreciate everyone who works so hard to represent their school with pride. Surely wish Paintsville had some....
**So what's up with P-burg not declaring? I think that if everyone else did then they should too. The other squads didn't get to see who they were competing against before they declared. Not trying to sound mean but they shouldn't have to wait and see what everyone else is doing first. And you'd think people would have a set routine by now. JMO
By choosing not to compete (and I would be shocked if they chose to) Paintsville and Prestonsburg are just making themselves look bad. But as long as the ppl over the squads choose to run a "country club" pep squad rather than a "competition" squad, then I don't look for things to change. Unfortunate for them though.
How long do they have to declare? I don't think that is fair either. If they were allowed to declare later on, then why did KAPOS even have the meeting today? Not really fair to the other squads!
Prestonsburg did declare.... They are in KAPOS....
No one has to declare at the meeting. That is their choice. Prestonsburg has two routines, and with a lot of recent injuries their coach is going to decide which is going the best over the next 2 weeks.
EKY Sportster Wrote:By choosing not to compete (and I would be shocked if they chose to) Paintsville and Prestonsburg are just making themselves look bad. But as long as the ppl over the squads choose to run a "country club" pep squad rather than a "competition" squad, then I don't look for things to change. Unfortunate for them though.

Prestonsburg choose not to compete? They have competed for at least the last 6 or 7 years.
Pikeville's squads are going small and medium
Why doesn't KAPOS declare for the schools???
Why do cheer squads get to choose which division they will compete in???

Here are a couple of hypotheticals:
OK, I'm the Belfry football team and I choose to compete in the small division this year or I am the Prestonsburg football team and I choose to go large because Belfry went small.
These were what ifs football allowed that kind of thing...it's silly to me.
Why doesn't KAPOS classify everyone by school size, etc????
Someone educate me.
fox, it's sort of like that. You can go in Small 2 1/2, which you can only have up to 12 girls. Medium 2 1/2 is 13-16 and Large is 17+. Tradtional, however can be any amount.
IISnakE Wrote:Today is the meeting where everyone has to declare.
I say Good Luck to all participating squads! I appreciate everyone who works so hard to represent their school with pride. Surely wish Paintsville had some....

PHS needs a new Coach. I can think of two who would take over now. JD needs to step aside and let someone who will make something out of a squad have them.
in traditional you can have up to 20 ppl compete!:Thumbs:
#1TigerFan Wrote:.

PHS needs a new Coach. I can think of two who would take over now. JD needs to step aside and let someone who will make something out of a squad have them.
Any idea how much work that would take now?
We have first year teachers that would be ready to retire!
Seriously though, it would take at least 3-4 years to get Paintsville competitive, as kids in ele. school would have to work twice as hard as any squad in the 15th.
My daughter (a senior) had more difficulty on her squad as a fifth grader than at any time from Middle School on! I think Paintsville has been to only one competition outside of in-game since she has been in High School.
It has been 7 or 8 years since Paintsville was thought of being any good at all!
catsfan072 Wrote:fox, it's sort of like that. You can go in Small 2 1/2, which you can only have up to 12 girls. Medium 2 1/2 is 13-16 and Large is 17+. Tradtional, however can be any amount.
Thanks for the explanation.
I just don't understand why a sanctioning body doesn't do the classification based on school size like other sports.

BTW....everyone needs to stay on topic with this thread.
fox sports Wrote:Why doesn't KAPOS declare for the schools???
Why do cheer squads get to choose which division they will compete in???

Here are a couple of hypotheticals:
OK, I'm the Belfry football team and I choose to compete in the small division this year or I am the Prestonsburg football team and I choose to go large because Belfry went small.
These were what ifs football allowed that kind of thing...it's silly to me.
Why doesn't KAPOS classify everyone by school size, etc????
Someone educate me.

In cheerleading their are no size classifications other than squad size.
The only exception to this is the All "A" competion for Class A size schools.
Most schools in the state only have one cheerleading squad that will compete
in the KAPOS competition. Those that have two squads will usually compete in different divisions. For example, Pikeville's varsity is going to compete in the small division with 12 girls. Pikeville's second squad (which is the Jr. High squad) is going to compete in the medium division with 16 girls. I do not know who is going to compete in the small division, but the medium division with Pikeville #2 is East Ridge, Johnson Central, and possibly P'burg. In other words, Pikeville's second squad competes against all varsity squads at region and at state (if they can make it) even though they are a middle school squad. I think that normally Pikeville and Belfry are the only two schools in the region who have two squads that compete. This is pretty much like the basketball configurations with district, region, and state and that is why you do not see a lot of schools with two squads that can make it to the state competitions. If I can remember right, the only schools with two squads last year at state were, Madison Central, Clark County, Dunbar, Perry Central, and Pikeville.
I thought JC was large? Who is going large this year?
But squads can change size up until the day of KAPOS so...
As of now Belfry and Magoffin are large 2 1/2
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:As of now Belfry and Magoffin are large 2 1/2

Thanks. Is Belfry taking two squads this year as well? Are they compeating in co-ed or combining for 2 1/2 min large?
Pages: 1 2 3 4