Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: South Carolina 65 - Kentucky 61
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
....final.....
Tough loss, but on to the NCAA tournament....
Will they  make it for sure?
They should.
Yeah they'll probably be a #9 seed
They will get in, but it's one and done......I can't wait for this horrible season to be over. Confusedurrender:

They found a way to stink it up again....In typical tubby fashion  Rolleyes
C'mon BelfryPride, no need to be that down on them right now...Why would you want this season to end ASAP? I want them to win as many as they can....I think Tubby has done a great job recently, but SCU is just on fire at the right time, and those 3 three pointers were daggers...

South Carolina is hot right now, but UK has a lot of work to do this week...Im looking for an 8-9 seed playing Duke in round #2...
[quote author=alfus21 link=topic=20731.msg208874#msg208874 date=1142108883]
Why would you want this season to end ASAP?

[/quote]

To stop the bleeding of our program right now....were becoming a laughing stock. There was a time where seeing Big Blue fill an arena and a team with kentucky written on their jerseys struck fear into an opponent. But now, the word Kentucky is no longer respected. Tubby has succeeded in brining the UK program to its knees and making a mockery of it.

With those McDonald's all americans on the team and they don't know how to play basketball ??? It's tubbys system, it sucks and it shows...we have the talent, it's the coaching that is responsible for this.
Tubby records another first:

1.) Before today, UK had won 33 straight SEC Tournament semifinal games.

2.) This is the first time UK has lost in consecutive SEC Tournaments in 23 years.

......and the list keeps growing

Kentucky basketball under Tubby Smith makes me ashamed.
Glad Tubby is shootin under 40% most games, making double digit TOs and getting out rebounded like crazy on the floor.  Shew...I think he has how many TOs so far this seson?  I mean his play is killing me!  Rolleyes
THIS IS  RETARDED! lol UK isn't any good this year, but I really wish they could have pulled this one off!
Yeah, me too Beef... :lol: :thumpsup:
[quote author=Geraldo Rivera link=topic=20731.msg208883#msg208883 date=1142109229]
South Carolina is hot right now, but UK has a lot of work to do this week...Im looking for an 8-9 seed playing Duke in round #2...
[/quote]

Uk better hope and pray they don't play Duke in the second round ....
My bad Yellow Snow, accidently erased your post. My apologies my friend....  :thumpsup:
[quote author=supa_carrot link=topic=20731.msg208918#msg208918 date=1142111935]
[quote author=Geraldo Rivera link=topic=20731.msg208883#msg208883 date=1142109229]
[/quote]

Uk better hope and pray they don't play Duke in the second round ....
[/quote]

i'll take a vacation day to sit at home and watch that one.
Dook would masscre Kentucky.  Tubby's ball line defense would be shreaded to pieces. ( see UF's Humphrey and Green )
South Carolina is on  a hot streak right now, and they WILL win tommorow and be in the dance.

I hope we do play dUKe in round two. We would mop the floor with them. JJ would be going home early. Rondo would be in his jock so much. Man i hope we are in their bracket and we see em in round two....that would be SWEET!!
[quote author=corndog23 link=topic=20731.msg208958#msg208958 date=1142115729]
South Carolina is on a hot streak right now, and they WILL win tommorow and be in the dance.

I hope we do play dUKe in round two. We would mop the floor with them. JJ would be going home early. Rondo would be in his jock so much. Man i hope we are in their bracket and we see em in round two....that would be SWEET!!

[/quote]

hahahahhaha..
are you serious???? i'm not being a smart ass.. i'm really asking...
Rondo might stay in jj's grill.. but that's about the only defensive matchup you would see in that game..

I hope we do play dUKe in round two. We would mop the floor with them. JJ would be going home early. Rondo would be in his jock so much.

[/quote]

Don't know what you're smokin', but it must be powerful stuff.....  :lol:
South Carolina is on  a hot streak right now, and they WILL win tommorow and be in the dance.

[/quote]

Well even IF he were to hold JJ to 0 points which would be tough since he usually only struggles against bigger guys, who is going to stop Williams, McRoberts, Paulus, Nelson, & Dockery???
[quote author=supa_carrot link=topic=20731.msg209028#msg209028 date=1142122096]

[/quote]

Well even IF he were to hold JJ to 0 points which would be tough since he usually only struggles against bigger guys, who is going to stop Williams, McRoberts, Paulus, Nelson, & Dockery???
[/quote]
Williams may eb the most over-hyped player in college basketball. great shot block but average in other aspects of his game. Anyway good win for the gamecocks. I think thats what this thread was about lol
Kentucky sucks this year bottom line.  Most expected them to exit the SEC much faster.  They better pray they don't play DUKE.

Confusedurrender: Rolleyes Confusedurrender:
[quote author=crazytaxidriver link=topic=20731.msg208980#msg208980 date=1142117253]
South Carolina is on a hot streak right now, and they WILL win tommorow and be in the dance.

[/quote]

hahahahhaha..
are you serious???? i'm not being a smart ass.. i'm really asking...
Rondo might stay in jj's grill.. but that's about the only defensive matchup you would see in that game..
[/quote]

Yes CTD i am serious. Randolph would eat up Sheldon Williams in  a fairly called game. Greg Paulus is absolutely terrible. I think he will cost them a good tourny run. I do see problems with Mcroberts though. He's the only one on that team who would scare me. Bring them on. I truly believe we would beat them. That is my honest feeling.
Yesterday half you people didnt have comments for the win over a good Alabama team, but you come out in numbers today to bash Tubby and the program..Hes not going anywhere people so get over it...Only in your alls eyes is a 21 win season a mockery of UK...It's one damn season for goodness sakes..Kentucky will be fine, just like every single other team that has a down year...

Hilarious that some of you cant just admit that South Carolina is playing unreal basketball right now also, beating Tenn. and UK back to back, plus already beating Florida twice this season..Yeah what an embarrassing loss for UK...
Yea really Alfus, South Carolina is the worst team in the SEC for the past 50 years. What an embarrassment.....
South Carolina reminds me a lot of West Virginia of last year....Hot at the right time, and can play with anybody...Lots of athletes, great 3 point shooters, and Dave Odom is a very underappreicated coach..
Doubt very seriously if Kentucky will be any better next seaon.  Terrible sophomore and senior classes and only average incoming freshman class.  Look for Tubby to read the tea leaves and realize he'd better take the NBA offer.  Exit Tubby - enter Calipari.
Tubby will be here next year. No doubt in my mind. I dont want Calipari here either. Too shady for me. Live with it Yellow Snow, your "stuck" with Tubby Smith. And me, as a UK fan, im blessed to have him as my coach.
[quote author=Yellow Snow link=topic=20731.msg209241#msg209241 date=1142130324]
Doubt very seriously if Kentucky will be any better next seaon.  Terrible sophomore and senior classes and only average incoming freshman class.  Look for Tubby to read the tea leaves and realize he'd better take the NBA offer.  Exit Tubby - enter Calipari.
[/quote]

Terrible sophmore class? :lol: You just showed how much you really know...Rondo is a projected 15th pick for the NBA, Crawford is averaging double figures, Morris is a beat down low, and Bradley is a great emotional leader, and shooter...

You call next years class average, yet I bet you dont know anything about them, because they're quite a bit better than average...Especially once Jones enters the class, and if Smith comes thats a top 5 class right there...

Tubby just said the other day hes not going anywhere, and Calipari is the most shady coach in the country...It wouldnt surprise me to see Memphis hit with huge recruiting violations in the next couple of years...
Pages: 1 2 3