Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cheerleading Politics: Does the name ever win the competition?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm not saying the judges dosen't do a good job because the DEFENITELY DO!.. but sometimes it's hard to overlook that some competitions have there favorites... am i the only one who thinks so..??
I agree with you.
"BHSAll-American" Wrote:I'm not saying the judges dosen't do a good job because the DEFENITELY DO!.. but sometimes it's hard to overlook that some competitions have there favorites... am i the only one who thinks so..??

I agree with u 100%. For example, did u see KAPOS State At Large last year in the medium category?? Hazard hit a PERFECT routine they had 4 groups, & lots of difficulty, Pikeville dropped with 3 groups, and then PLD's jv was nothing compared to Pikeville or Hazard!! Then it went 1st - PLD 2nd - Pikeville 3rd - HAzard. it was their names that got them that far. That is probably the worst judging i have ever seen. I was in total shock! And this year at UCA NAtionals in the small category! Pikeville not beating PCC?? Pikeville is awesome and by far better than PCC. I mean PCC did shoulder sits as their cheer mount!! Ur name def. gets u farther!! U must build ur name up b4 u get credit for ur greatness
Agree 100%.
Definetly Agree 100%
"KyCheerleading" Wrote:I agree with u 100%. For example, did u see KAPOS State At Large last year in the medium category?? Hazard hit a PERFECT routine they had 4 groups, & lots of difficulty, Pikeville dropped with 3 groups, and then PLD's jv was nothing compared to Pikeville or Hazard!! Then it went 1st - PLD 2nd - Pikeville 3rd - HAzard. it was their names that got them that far. That is probably the worst judging i have ever seen. I was in total shock! And this year at UCA NAtionals in the small category! Pikeville not beating PCC?? Pikeville is awesome and by far better than PCC. I mean PCC did shoulder sits as their cheer mount!! Ur name def. gets u farther!! U must build ur name up b4 u get credit for ur greatness

i agree 100 percent
pcc was nothing compared to pikeville they didnt even deserve to be in the top at finals pikeville will find a way to repay them at state im sure
also pld winning state in medium last year over pikeville and hazard was ridicoulous pld jv was just flat out terrible it was def. there name not there talent they were the worst no offense
"cheer_leader" Wrote:also pld winning state in medium last year over pikeville and hazard was ridicoulous pld jv was just flat out terrible it was def. there name not there talent they were the worst no offense

You know...that is funny that you said this. In another thread when someone else was saying the exact same thing about 'THE NAME, NOT THEIR TALENT" winning for them this is the response that you gave to them....

"cheer_leader" Wrote:okay stop being a sore loser, really ppl with talent usually have a reputation of being the best

seems funny that you just contradict yourself when the shoes on the other footConfusedhh: :lame:
:lol:

LOL ok with that said...

Absolutely! 100% agreed! See it all the time...
I somewhat agree... but last year at state it was a joke that pikeville lost.. they were awesome... they didnt have a fall one stunt came down early..... pld jv was horrible with only handsprings and no standing backs...... the only reason pikeville lost was because of some bogus technical deduction.... hazard should have definatley beaten pld jv
I agree with u 100%. For example, did u see KAPOS State At Large last year in the medium category?? Hazard hit a PERFECT routine they had 4 groups, & lots of difficulty, Pikeville dropped with 3 groups, and then PLD's jv was nothing compared to Pikeville or Hazard!! Then it went 1st - PLD 2nd - Pikeville 3rd - HAzard. it was their names that got them that far. That is probably the worst judging i have ever seen. I was in total shock! And this year at UCA NAtionals in the small category! Pikeville not beating PCC?? Pikeville is awesome and by far better than PCC. I mean PCC did shoulder sits as their cheer mount!! Ur name def. gets u farther!! U must build ur name up b4 u get credit for ur greatness

Now... i have a reply to add to this lil comment... if enyone needs to be tlkin bout winnin because of their names it would be HAZARD!!!... its not enouf that they cheat when it comes to ball... but will do eny thang when it comes to cheerleadin!! and lemme tell ya!! perry central won over pikeville... because they hit all their tumbling WITHOUT A PROBLEM!! and if i can member a gurl from pikeville plowed into the floor on full full... and we were without a doubt the most clean team there... we were stiff and had facials the whole time and perry central deserves the place they got. and the whole crwdit for greatness!!! hunny we've had greatness since the school opened! and shoulder sits werent our only cheer mounts we did single bases ta libs. and hazard drops a prep in the back of a pyramid!!! i dont even wanna hear that! so think it over sweetheart!:wenumber1 :omg:
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by KyCheerleading
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
now if enyone needs to be talkin bout winnin because of their names it def. shouldnt be hazard tlkin bout us .. i mean its bad enouf that they have ta try to cheat us in basketball but cheerleadin too i mean c'mon .... its okay that u dropped a prep in the back of the routine .. and didnt make it to finals im so srry bout that ... and pcc deserves evry thang they have one.. and as i recall at nationals a gurl from pikeville had a lil bit of blue mat in her teeth after her big attempt to full full huh ?? evry tumblin pass pcc did they hit it WITHOUT A PROBLEM... and they were without a doubt the cleanest and stiffest team there!!!! and the greatness has ben runnin in our name since the school opened!:omg: :worthy:
&quot;Pirate Pal&quot; Wrote:You know...that is funny that you said this. In another thread when someone else was saying the exact same thing about 'THE NAME, NOT THEIR TALENT" winning for them this is the response that you gave to them....

seems funny that you just contradict yourself when the shoes on the other footConfusedhh: :lame:

okay you were talking about 2003 kapos region when pikevilles 5th,6th,7th,8th,and 9th graders beat belfry high schools co-ed varsity at 15th region kapos and how there name got them there not there talent and i dont agree with that that squad was one of the best pikevilles ever had and this region has ever seen dominated nationals and came in good at state in coed with one guy they had talent more than beflry that year okay not just reputation talent so would you plz get over the fact that beflry was beat by a jr high/jv squad and lost that is what i was saying in the other threads

second of all in this thread i agree pcc shouldnt have made 5th at natioanls they fell in prelmins,semis and finals so im pretty sure there name got them there not there talent but you werent there so you dont know and its something you have no experience to obviously
and the thing about plds jv you rewind the kapos tapes and tell me who was better in your honest opion and squad with no fulls plds jv or mabye they had one or a squad with many fulls 3 or 4 maybe 5 pikeville and other ppl agree also hazard should have won 2nd or maybe even first in that divison it was just beacuse it was a lexington school dunbar that got them there with kapos not there talent they ddint even make it outta semis that year at nationals so yes pville and hazard was way better and pville only lost because of someone stepping on signs so therefore i proved my point rewind the tapes and talk to hazard and pville ppl then you would know better

so there i just proved MY point that pville beat belfry with talent and rep. they were so much better and they lost
and yes last year pld shouldnt have beat hazard or pville check it out and youd know other ppl agree so there now isnt that funny
&quot;cheercutie45&quot; Wrote:Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by KyCheerleading

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
now if enyone needs to be talkin bout winnin because of their names it def. shouldnt be hazard tlkin bout us .. i mean its bad enouf that they have ta try to cheat us in basketball but cheerleadin too i mean c'mon .... its okay that u dropped a prep in the back of the routine .. and didnt make it to finals im so srry bout that ... and pcc deserves evry thang they have one.. and as i recall at nationals a gurl from pikeville had a lil bit of blue mat in her teeth after her big attempt to full full huh ?? evry tumblin pass pcc did they hit it WITHOUT A PROBLEM... and they were without a doubt the cleanest and stiffest team there!!!! and the greatness has ben runnin in our name since the school opened!:omg: :worthy:

your just jealous because you cant do full to full
pcc fell in every thing prelims,semis,and finals am i right? or did u not fall in atleats one of those i didnt get the story right
im just saying pville was better than you big time everyone knows it
and hazard was great i dont think anyone on ur squad can do a standing full!
so i mean it doesnt matter what tumbling pcc hit there stunts were so easy of course it was clean because it had no difficulties and i think its better to do the hard stuff and get a decent score then do easy stuff and get ur name up there
oh and by the way facials? so you watched yourself do facials? thats pretty cool
you cant say you smiled more i watched and pville did that
i know semis dont mean anything but just saying pikeville killed you all in them
so if everything in our routine woulda hit you all would hav been dominated just like at semis im sure they will find a way to repay you at state
Perry county has been far from greatness. I am pretty sure from 1999-2002 Pikeville killed you all at every competition. I know this becuase i participated in the slaughter. Perry county had a few good years in there. 2003-2005. and even that kindness is questionable. In 2003 you all had some good tumbling and got lucky that pikeville had a few bad years.

and from what i heard, we wont be able to have an accurate whooping of you all at state because you all scrounged up some girls to go medium. good luck with that. i hope dunbars jv dominates you all.
Ok... about 15th Region KAPOS that is definitely all politics. Every year Prestonsburg goes in with a better squad than the year before and SOME how they always end up getting runner-up. No matter if they do traditional or 2 ½. Like this year I heard that at KAPOS they stuck every mount and Johnson Central fell 5 times but, Johnson Central came out on top how is that right???? Pikeville's JV squad always wins no matter who is against them. That is probably why that no one but them were in the Traditional Category!
Ok... about 15th Region KAPOS that is definitely all politics. Every year Prestonsburg goes in with a better squad than the year before and SOME how they always end up getting runner-up. No matter if they do traditional or 2 ½. Like this year I heard that at KAPOS they stuck every mount and Johnson Central fell 5 times but, Johnson Central came out on top how is that right???? Pikeville's JV squad always wins no matter who is against them. That is probably why that no one but them were in the Traditional Category this year!!!
Well today at KAPOS i think the name did win it for Johnson Central they somehow defeated Prestonsburg this is what i go by to prove my point ok Pretonsburg's girls gave a flawless routine except for one bobble in a mount i believe ok now listen to this Johnson Central's squad had 5 Major FALLS in their routine whenever Prestonsburg had NOT ONE AT ALL but yet they stilll beat Prestonsburg by one point some how i'm no expert on the scoring system but common sense says that a squad that has 5 falls shouldn't beat a squad that had NO falls at all this is my opinion by just using common sense really displeased with the outcome of this judging there's really something wrong with that picture and i just don't see how that is possible unless that what this post talks about is true and that is that names do win competitions for schools example being today
prestonsburg definetly should have won. The bad thing about KAPOS is that it is kind of like figure skating. people can fall all over the place but if they do alot of difficulty, or they have alot of other little additions that gain them points they will still come out on top. the penalty for falling isnt high enough.

GO BLACKCATS!
&quot;PvilleCheerAlum&quot; Wrote:prestonsburg definetly should have won. The bad thing about KAPOS is that it is kind of like figure skating. people can fall all over the place but if they do alot of difficulty, or they have alot of other little additions that gain them points they will still come out on top. the penalty for falling isnt high enough.

GO BLACKCATS!

This is very true Prestonsburg definetly should have won for sure. You are right the penalty for falling isn't high enough. Not going by points but IMO falling makes the whole routine look like crap compared to a routine with no falls that's just what i think but i'm not judge
The funny thing is I am a judge. I know that when i judge, i take off alot when a squad falls. There are alot of places where you can do this. i usually take off in difficulty because that is about the only place to take off. i take off in overall performance as well. If tumbling falls, even a single person, i will take off one point in the tumbling category. so i guess u could say its really up to the judge to make the decision how much they take off for a fall, and how much the fall factored into the entire performance.

There is no excuse for a squad to win if they have people falling all over the place. that isnt fair to everyone else.
It seems like people think that a name does play a part . . .

But--what is the answer?

Out of state judges? National judges for state competitions?

Maybe PikevilleCheerAlum can give us a little more insight as to how a competition is judged. That would certainly help stimulate my mind a little more.

THIS IS A GENERAL STATEMENT--DON'T TAKE IT PERSONAL--It seems like when ANY team loses--they make up a load of excuses. And a lot of times--teams love to try to play the bias card. Could that be happening here?
UM NO this isnt a excuse.. Prestonsburg hit a routine perfect today... they know... I know.,.. that whole Gym knew it today! And they got cheated and got cheated bad!
Quote:THIS IS A GENERAL STATEMENT--DON'T TAKE IT PERSONAL--It seems like when ANY team loses--they make up a load of excuses. And a lot of times--teams love to try to play the bias card. Could that be happening here?
I agree blackcat girl i wasnt there but I talked to a bunch of people that was there and I mean it wasn't only Prestonsburg that was saying that it was eveyone!!! And for one thing when you read that there was 5 FALLS from JC and none from Prestonsburg why would this even be an excuse???
&quot;UK Wildcats&quot; Wrote:I agree blackcat girl i wasnt there but I talked to a bunch of people that was there and I mean it wasn't only Prestonsburg that was saying that it was eveyone!!! And for one thing when you read that there was 5 FALLS from JC and none from Prestonsburg why would this even be an excuse???

I don't believe that I referenced ANY actual situation that was being talked about. But--now that you mention it--remember--there are 3 sides to every story:
1. Yours
2. Their's (or mine)
3. The Truth

Again--REMEMBER--I didn't reference any case in mind. But it is real easy to come on here and say that a team got cheated. But WHAT CAN BE DONE TO FIX THE SITUATION?

What could have been fixed in the Prestonsburg situation? Is there any conclusive proof that a team was intentionally cheated? Or--could the judges have just been bad? Could it have been a difficulty question? (Which, even to me, I doubt that 5 falls could account for stronger difficulty).
Well there needs to be something done about the judges and where they are from and where their children go to school i'm not saying that this type of favoring is going on but just to make sure that it doesn't.

What PikevilleCheerAlum said about the judgin has really got my mind stimulated about the whole favoring issue cause if there isn't a standard point value for falling then how much a judge takes of for a fall is entirely up to them and for that matter maybe they favor a school better and don't take off as much i don't know but i'm just opeing the door to conversation in this thread but i think something has to give whenever a that a squad can fall 5 times in a routine and still win over a squad that doesn't have 1 fall nuff said.
&quot;cat4life_#60&quot; Wrote:Well there needs to be something done about the judges and where they are from and where their children go to school i'm not saying that this type of favoring is going on but just to make sure that it doesn't.

What PikevilleCheerAlum said about the judgin has really got my mind stimulated about the whole favoring issue cause if there isn't a standard point value for falling then how much a judge takes of for a fall is entirely up to them and for that matter maybe they favor a school better and don't take off as much i don't know but i'm just opeing the door to conversation in this thread but i think something has to give whenever a that a squad can fall 5 times in a routine and still win over a squad that doesn't have 1 fall nuff said.

This is a damn good post IMO. At the very least--the issues are being addressed. (Which kills me considering how big cheerleading is). There should be some type of system set up that speaks to standard deductions for poor elements (or falls) in a routine. Not necessarily like ice skating or gymnastics--but at the very least--something that speaks to more consistency.

If things are close--that is one thing--but a person should be able to calculate (on their own--during a compeititon) how many points a team loses if they fall. Difficulty should count--but that is where the judges should do their work!
&quot;cheer_leader&quot; Wrote:okay you were talking about 2003 kapos region when pikevilles 5th,6th,7th,8th,and 9th graders beat belfry high schools co-ed varsity at 15th region kapos and how there name got them there not there talent and i dont agree with that that squad was one of the best pikevilles ever had and this region has ever seen dominated nationals and came in good at state in coed with one guy they had talent more than beflry that year okay not just reputation talent so would you plz get over the fact that beflry was beat by a jr high/jv squad and lost that is what i was saying in the other threads

OK...let's finish this little back and forth..

1. Pikeville had a good squad that year, I'll give you that...BUT not a good Co-ED SQUAD!!! You tell me 1 co-ed thing that was performed in their routine. And in case you don't know let me tell you what co-ed consists of...Co-ed single based stunts, Co-ed basket tosses, etc...did you do any???? NOT ONE!!! The only thing that happened with that boy was that he tumbled and backspotted..that is the exact reason that the rules were changed because everyone knew that it ridiculous to be called Co-ed and not do any Co-ed Stunts.

2. How many squads competed in "NATIONALS" that year?...I know in the past few years there has been what under 10 in the entire division so that doesn't impress my 5-year-old much less me.

3. We will never agree as to whether the right squad won or not or if squads win by their name so we can just agree to disagree.
&quot;Pirate Pal&quot; Wrote:OK...let's finish this little back and forth..

1. Pikeville had a good squad that year, I'll give you that...BUT not a good Co-ED SQUAD!!! You tell me 1 co-ed thing that was performed in their routine. And in case you don't know let me tell you what co-ed consists of...Co-ed single based stunts, Co-ed basket tosses, etc...did you do any???? NOT ONE!!! The only thing that happened with that boy was that he tumbled and backspotted..that is the exact reason that the rules were changed because everyone knew that it ridiculous to be called Co-ed and not do any Co-ed Stunts.

2. How many squads competed in "NATIONALS" that year?...I know in the past few years there has been what under 10 in the entire division so that doesn't impress my 5-year-old much less me.

3. We will never agree as to whether the right squad won or not or if squads win by their name so we can just agree to disagree.

1-yeah i agree we werent coed but we had no choice we had to go coed but when we did go into that divison we dominated thats enough for me to know and no at state there was a lot of coed squads there and we placed 3rd everyone knows everyoene everywhere knows pikevilles 2003 squad was great yeah i agree we shouldnt have ever had to go coed we just shoulda won large or med. or something like that or small coed do they have that? but we had to go coed and we swept the comp.

2-12 squads i think if im wrong it might have been 8 but im pretty sure it was 12 that year but i could have it confused and yeah its nationals get over it lets see you all go down there and make something of yourselves itd be too hard trust me if thats not nationals then why does uk morehead ut all those college squads go up there and compete at college nationals and call it nationals because its the same thing just for high school kids that are awesome dunbar greenup everyone goes there and yeah i dont care if it impresses u ur just jealous you cant be called that and yeah we dominated there that year too and yeah thats nationals so you all go there next year and compete in coed or w/e and then tell me how you all do and then criticize it because you have no experience to it what so ever thats why you have to say bad things about it

3-true you must have been on that squad or someting that goes along with it or maybe your just a fan idk and just still be a sore loser about it so youll keep saying "we shoula won" but lets face it coed or not we had better stuff than you all 6 fulls thrown, double downs, full ups, 360s, basket tosses, great mounts, scorpions, and overall and awesome routine so stop trying to take that away from us just because you all werent that good

but none the less pikeville does great at class a state comp, NATIONALS, kapos region, and kapos state they have talent and a NAME even there younger squad ppl around this country know who they are and today at kapos the varsity had the best performance of the day
what about your belfry squad?
okay
Pages: 1 2 3