Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cheerleading Politics: Does the name ever win the competition?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
"PvilleCheerAlum" Wrote:The funny thing is I am a judge. I know that when i judge, i take off alot when a squad falls. There are alot of places where you can do this. i usually take off in difficulty because that is about the only place to take off. i take off in overall performance as well. If tumbling falls, even a single person, i will take off one point in the tumbling category. so i guess u could say its really up to the judge to make the decision how much they take off for a fall, and how much the fall factored into the entire performance.

There is no excuse for a squad to win if they have people falling all over the place. that isnt fair to everyone else.

I have been a judge for a number of years also...and please do not take this wrong..BUT that is not how it is meant to be done..

You said that if a squad falls you take it off of difficulty and that is not where a fall is taken off at...You deduct the points from execution. (and maybe you meant to say execution instead of difficulty)

We are taught this over and over every year during our KAPOS testing.

Example...You have 2 squads

Squad 1 -----performs 3 ground up extended needles and double fulls out of them, immediately reloads and 360 ups to extended libs, but drops out of one lib

Squad 2 ------performs 3 ground up extensions and single fulls out of them then reloads back to 1/2 kewpies and doesn't drop anything........the correct judging would be as follows:

Squad 1 should receive a higher difficulty score, but drop a few tenths of a point in execution for the drop

Squad 2 should receive a lower difficulty score, but receive a good score for executing them well.

The same is done for tumbling, jumps, etc. In the KAPOS rule book, each and every jump/stunt/tumbling/pyramid is rated from least difficult to most difficult. A squad of 20 girls who performs 20 standing tucks would be rated higher than a squad of 20 girls who performs 20 standing back handsprings, etc. If 1 girls falls out of 20, I will only deduct .1 on tumbling, an entire point is a lot, but that is just me.
"UK Wildcats" Wrote:Ok... about 15th Region KAPOS that is definitely all politics. Every year Prestonsburg goes in with a better squad than the year before and SOME how they always end up getting runner-up. No matter if they do traditional or 2 ½. Like this year I heard that at KAPOS they stuck every mount and Johnson Central fell 5 times but, Johnson Central came out on top how is that right???? Pikeville's JV squad always wins no matter who is against them. That is probably why that no one but them were in the Traditional Category this year!!!

yeah because pikevilles jv is dominate
and yall are all scared
"cheer_leader" Wrote:1-yeah i agree we werent coed but we had no choice we had to go coed but when we did go into that divison we dominated thats enough for me to know and no at state there was a lot of coed squads there and we placed 3rd everyone knows everyoene everywhere knows pikevilles 2003 squad was great yeah i agree we shouldnt have ever had to go coed we just shoulda won large or med. or something like that or small coed do they have that? but we had to go coed and we swept the comp.

2-12 squads i think if im wrong it might have been 8 but im pretty sure it was 12 that year but i could have it confused and yeah its nationals get over it lets see you all go down there and make something of yourselves itd be too hard trust me if thats not nationals then why does uk morehead ut all those college squads go up there and compete at college nationals and call it nationals because its the same thing just for high school kids that are awesome dunbar greenup everyone goes there and yeah i dont care if it impresses u ur just jealous you cant be called that and yeah we dominated there that year too and yeah thats nationals so you all go there next year and compete in coed or w/e and then tell me how you all do and then criticize it because you have no experience to it what so ever thats why you have to say bad things about it

3-true you must have been on that squad or someting that goes along with it or maybe your just a fan idk and just still be a sore loser about it so youll keep saying "we shoula won" but lets face it coed or not we had better stuff than you all 6 fulls thrown, double downs, full ups, 360s, basket tosses, great mounts, scorpions, and overall and awesome routine so stop trying to take that away from us just because you all werent that good

but none the less pikeville does great at class a state comp, NATIONALS, kapos region, and kapos state they have talent and a NAME even there younger squad ppl around this country know who they are and today at kapos the varsity had the best performance of the day
what about your belfry squad?
okay

Yeah..you guessed it...I was on the squad that year..Confusedhh: :AngelPray I'm just so bitter...Smile
"blackcatgirl07" Wrote:UM NO this isnt a excuse.. Prestonsburg hit a routine perfect today... they know... I know.,.. that whole Gym knew it today! And they got cheated and got cheated bad!

i dont know about the whole pburg jcentral thing because im not a judge and that comp. seemed really tight

but pbrug didnt hit a perfect routine i dont think or maybe that was there routine if the other two girls pull stretches one girl pulls a lib? i was a little confused they were kinda shaky idk maybe im wrong sorry if i am but i have no clue if they hit all they were supposed to then they shoula won i guess but if jc hit all there stuff except one or two things and it was way harder then they shoula won idk comp. was tight but im sorry if u hit all your stuff and u got cheated thats not fair i agree
:Hammer3:
"Pirate Pal" Wrote:Yeah..you guessed it...I was on the squad that year..Confusedhh: :AngelPray I'm just so bitter...Smile

see you have nothing to say because you know its true

if thats supposed to be funny it actually is because whether u were on it or not you hate pikeville because pikeville is great and your not you lost today as well as then so your just not that good and you are bitter still talking about it we won plain and simple its over :rock:
"cheer_leader" Wrote::Hammer3:

see you have nothing to say because you know its true

if thats supposed to be funny it actually is because whether u were on it or not you hate pikeville because pikeville is great and your not you lost today as well as then so your just not that good and you are bitter still talking about it we won plain and simple its over :rock:

That's hilarious!!!! Smile

I in noway hate pikeville, I think you are a little paranoid. I have family that cheers for Pikeville, I have a very good friend that Cheers for Pikeville, I know Mrs. Stone and Mrs. Wheeler very well and respect both of them. It is you my friend that is getting a little too emotional about the subject. Like I said, I do believe that Belfry was the better co-ed squad that year..let me repeat...co-ed squad, as does numerous people who I have spoken with over the years that have absolutely nothing to do with either Belfry or Pikeville or the 15th region for that matter. I do think that Pikeville's squad was good that year, as I have said, and that they probably would have placed 1st or 2nd in a different 2 1/2 division than co-ed.

I actually think that you and I have a lot in common, we evidentally have 2 stong opinions and views of things and aren't afraid to debate them...I like that:thumb: Wink

As far as me having nothing to say...that will never happen.:blabbermo Confusedecret: :Angry07: :BigLaugh: :wenumber1 :thanks: :yesno: :boosign: Confusedhithappe :wtf1: :welcome: Smile Wink
"Pirate Pal" Wrote:That's hilarious!!!! Smile

I in noway hate pikeville, I think you are a little paranoid. I have family that cheers for Pikeville, I have a very good friend that Cheers for Pikeville, I know Mrs. Stone and Mrs. Wheeler very well and respect both of them. It is you my friend that is getting a little too emotional about the subject. Like I said, I do believe that Belfry was the better co-ed squad that year..let me repeat...co-ed squad, as does numerous people who I have spoken with over the years that have absolutely nothing to do with either Belfry or Pikeville or the 15th region for that matter. I do think that Pikeville's squad was good that year, as I have said, and that they probably would have placed 1st or 2nd in a different 2 1/2 division than co-ed.

I actually think that you and I have a lot in common, we evidentally have 2 stong opinions and views of things and aren't afraid to debate them...I like that:thumb: Wink

As far as me having nothing to say...that will never happen.:blabbermo Confusedecret: :Angry07: :BigLaugh: :wenumber1 :thanks: :yesno: :boosign: Confusedhithappe :wtf1: :welcome: Smile Wink

yeah i think i know those two coaches very well Confusedhh:
okay we had to go against you and we beat you
still talking about i guess your the paranoid one still talking about it wow its been 3 years and your still talking about it get over it

yeah i agree with you for once and thats about it
"cheer_leader" Wrote:yeah i agree with you for once and thats about it

:omg: :yikes: will miracles never cease..... Smile Confusedtickoutt
"Pirate Pal" Wrote::omg: :yikes: will miracles never cease..... Smile Confusedtickoutt
ahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahha that was hilarious
:worthy:
"KentuckyHillBilly5321" Wrote:This is a damn good post IMO. At the very least--the issues are being addressed. (Which kills me considering how big cheerleading is). There should be some type of system set up that speaks to standard deductions for poor elements (or falls) in a routine. Not necessarily like ice skating or gymnastics--but at the very least--something that speaks to more consistency.

If things are close--that is one thing--but a person should be able to calculate (on their own--during a compeititon) how many points a team loses if they fall. Difficulty should count--but that is where the judges should do their work!

this is exactly what i'm saying use a standard point system for technical elements and like tumbling and mounts and things of that nature and leave the difficulty up to the judges like hillbilly said this is where they need to come in at if this were the case in today's competition i wouldn't have a problem because i know if there was a standard points system that prestonsburg would have slaughtered Johnson Central because Prestonsburg didn't FALL any when ever Johnson Central fell 5 times and IMO Prestonsburg routine was more difficult in many areas.
"cheer_leader" Wrote:yeah because pikevilles jv is dominate
and yall are all scared

No they aren't scared of them being beat in a fair judgement but since they've never lost and alot of the judges are from pikeville umm..that seems a little stragne to me almost enough to think maybe they cheat people out of it every year which they probably do.
"cat4life_#60" Wrote:No they aren't scared of them being beat in a fair judgement but since they've never lost and alot of the judges are from pikeville umm..that seems a little stragne to me almost enough to think maybe they cheat people out of it every year which they probably do.

are you kidding me i didnt know one coach out there from pikeville today
seriously they are we beat them bad last year i think i know we were just better
and yeah it was fair and we dont cheat we win you dont
and last year in your home gym we beat you that seems pretty fair to me
Ok answer me this question where were the judges from ? if you can say one isn't from Pikeville or near it, has a daughter on the squad or has friends that have children on the squad and then it would be fair!
"Pirate Pal" Wrote:I have been a judge for a number of years also...and please do not take this wrong..BUT that is not how it is meant to be done..

You said that if a squad falls you take it off of difficulty and that is not where a fall is taken off at...You deduct the points from execution. (and maybe you meant to say execution instead of difficulty)

Squad 1 -----performs 3 ground up extended needles and double fulls out of them, immediately reloads and 360 ups to extended libs, but drops out of one lib

Squad 2 ------performs 3 ground up extensions and single fulls out of them then reloads back to 1/2 kewpies and doesn't drop anything........the correct judging would be as follows:

Squad 1 should receive a higher difficulty score, but drop a few tenths of a point in execution for the drop

Squad 2 should receive a lower difficulty score, but receive a good score for executing them well.

The same is done for tumbling, jumps, etc. In the KAPOS rule book, each and every jump/stunt/tumbling/pyramid is rated from least difficult to most difficult. A squad of 20 girls who performs 20 standing tucks would be rated higher than a squad of 20 girls who performs 20 standing back handsprings, etc. If 1 girls falls out of 20, I will only deduct .1 on tumbling, an entire point is a lot, but that is just me.

i only give solid numbers. the .00, .1, .2, only make the determinations between squads even worse. when you do that, you get squads winning by only tenths of a point. I dont really take into consideration how KAPOS judging works. i have been the the certification to get more training in judging, but i have only judged one KAPOS competition and that was as an intern. I judge UCA/NCA competitions. At nationals in finals, if you have a girl put one hand down on the mat you have no hope of winning. They are going to take off points wherever they can.When you get into more experineced squads you have to be more harsh on smaller mistakes. taking off .1 for a stunt falling is how you end up with the results from the medium division today at region.

It is illegal to have a judge that could have any bias against anyone. They do not hire the people to come and judge unless they are from another region. The only exception is intern judges and their scores do not count. I definetly know that Lucy Moore would not let that fly.
"Pirate Pal" Wrote:I have been a judge for a number of years also...and please do not take this wrong..BUT that is not how it is meant to be done..

Sorry i meant to put exectution instead of difficulty. My mistake.

i only give solid numbers. the .00, .1, .2, only make the determinations between squads even worse. when you do that, you get squads winning by only tenths of a point. I dont really take into consideration how KAPOS judging works. i have been the the certification to get more training in judging, but i have only judged one KAPOS competition and that was as an intern. I judge UCA/NCA competitions. At nationals in finals, if you have a girl put one hand down on the mat you have no hope of winning. They are going to take off points wherever they can.When you get into more experineced squads you have to be more harsh on smaller mistakes. taking off .1 for a stunt falling is how you end up with the results from the medium division today at region.

It is illegal to have a judge that could have any bias against anyone. They do not hire the people to come and judge unless they are from another region. The only exception is intern judges and their scores do not count. I definetly know that Lucy Moore would not let that fly.
i have no idea where they were from no nobody on there had a mom that was a judge believe me no thats not true at all
gah why do you all make up so many excuses on why we beat you all like some consiracy with the judges and it not being fair wow we win all the time at places that have no one with any connection to us period or who dont even know who we are so yeah i think we are good and thats why we win
"PvilleCheerAlum" Wrote:Sorry i meant to put exectution instead of difficulty. My mistake.

yeah i completely agree
there you go to all the ppl who think that just becasue you dont win to 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th and 9th graders
"cheer_leader" Wrote:i have no idea where they were from no nobody on there had a mom that was a judge believe me no thats not true at all
gah why do you all make up so many excuses on why we beat you all like some consiracy with the judges and it not being fair wow we win all the time at places that have no one with any connection to us period or who dont even know who we are so yeah i think we are good and thats why we win

Ok first of all I don't know anything about the judges or where they are from but going by Prestonsburg always getting cheated i had to assume that they were people affialiated with Pikeville some how beacuse they win all of the time even when other squads were better then them i'm not just referring to Prestonsburg but i'm sure there has been other squads besides Prestonsburg better then Pikeville but they always seem to win somehow that's kinda strange don't you think?
Whenever we had KAPOS at our own home floor we didn't pick the judges people of higher authority appointed them all that we done was apply the materials for the competition.
"cat4life_#60" Wrote:Ok first of all I don't know anything about the judges or where they are from but going by Prestonsburg always getting cheated i had to assume that they were people affialiated with Pikeville some how beacuse they win all of the time even when other squads were better then them i'm not just referring to Prestonsburg but i'm sure there has been other squads besides Prestonsburg better then Pikeville but they always seem to win somehow that's kinda strange don't you think?
Whenever we had KAPOS at our own home floor we didn't pick the judges people of higher authority appointed them all that we done was apply the materials for the competition.

i dont think its strange pikeville wins all the time its called being the best and winning and theres not been anyone better than pikeville ever to my knowledge so if there was i need to know about this
how does pburg always get cheated? how
and no no one is affiliated with pville along the judging staff stop making excuses just because they win what if you won something and all ppl did was say you shouldnt have?
yeah EXACTLY people of higher authority pikced them so how could pville ppl just judge and let them win you completed made my point
"PvilleCheerAlum" Wrote:Sorry i meant to put exectution instead of difficulty. My mistake.

I assumed you meant execution and that it was probably just a typo.:Thumbs:
Well there Cheer_Leader of course people would say shit if Prestonsburg won becaues NOBODY in this district or Region for that matter likes Prestonsburg everybody is gunning for Prestonsburg and i don't give and crap what you say everyone knows its true so yeah if they did win which they should have then yeah people who start stuff.

Assuming you are in high school still i think someone in high school with any common sense at all would know that no high school likes p-burg and that everytime they play against them at any sport they will do anything to win even "cheat" and every one knows that. and have probably done it!
"cat4life_#60" Wrote:Well there Cheer_Leader of course people would say shit if Prestonsburg won becaues NOBODY in this district or Region for that matter likes Prestonsburg everybody is gunning for Prestonsburg and i don't give and crap what you say everyone knows its true so yeah if they did win which they should have then yeah people who start stuff.

Assuming you are in high school still i think someone in high school with any common sense at all would know that no high school likes p-burg and that everytime they play against them at any sport they will do anything to win even "cheat" and every one knows that. and have probably done it!

Smile okay thats just feeling sorry for yourself because you dont win! doesnt matter who you are if you were good at cheerleading like you claim you are you could shut people up but when you werent really good and you say the only reason you didnt win was because pikeville cheated lmao people are gonna say something to that garbage

i have common sense trust me probably more than you actually
okay this is a cheerleading thread not every other sports thread thats not m problem, and in cheerleading your just mad because jr high/freshman cheerleaders from pikeville always beat yall so you make excuses that they cheat lmao
"cheercutie45" Wrote:Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by KyCheerleading
I agree with u 100%. For example, did u see KAPOS State At Large last year in the medium category?? Hazard hit a PERFECT routine they had 4 groups, & lots of difficulty, Pikeville dropped with 3 groups, and then PLD's jv was nothing compared to Pikeville or Hazard!! Then it went 1st - PLD 2nd - Pikeville 3rd - HAzard. it was their names that got them that far. That is probably the worst judging i have ever seen. I was in total shock! And this year at UCA NAtionals in the small category! Pikeville not beating PCC?? Pikeville is awesome and by far better than PCC. I mean PCC did shoulder sits as their cheer mount!! Ur name def. gets u farther!! U must build ur name up b4 u get credit for ur greatness
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
now if enyone needs to be talkin bout winnin because of their names it def. shouldnt be hazard tlkin bout us .. i mean its bad enouf that they have ta try to cheat us in basketball but cheerleadin too i mean c'mon .... its okay that u dropped a prep in the back of the routine .. and didnt make it to finals im so srry bout that ... and pcc deserves evry thang they have one.. and as i recall at nationals a gurl from pikeville had a lil bit of blue mat in her teeth after her big attempt to full full huh ?? evry tumblin pass pcc did they hit it WITHOUT A PROBLEM... and they were without a doubt the cleanest and stiffest team there!!!! and the greatness has ben runnin in our name since the school opened!:omg: :worthy:
Well all I have to say about this comment is that its obvious that you attend Perry Central, simply because you don't have any class at all, I think that anyone will agree that PCC shows the worst sportsmanship in any activity they attend, I don't know what they are being taught at that school but high school should teach you how to be young adults with class, not ignorant people that always have something bad to say about everyone. Honey I truly feel sorry for you in the future cause with an attitude like that you wont make it very far.
&quot;cat4life_#60&quot; Wrote:Ok first of all I don't know anything about the judges or where they are from but going by Prestonsburg always getting cheated i had to assume that they were people affialiated with Pikeville some how beacuse they win all of the time even when other squads were better then them i'm not just referring to Prestonsburg but i'm sure there has been other squads besides Prestonsburg better then Pikeville but they always seem to win somehow that's kinda strange don't you think?

1. One of the girls on pikeville has a relative that cheers for prestonsburg middle school. why would she want them to lose??

2. Prestonsburg wasnt even against pikeville. Why would we pick judges that were going to cheat them out of something we werent even after? WE DONT EVEN PICK THE JUDGES!!

By the way obviously half of you all do not know who Lucy Moore is. She is the KAPOS president. Also the choosing of judges is made by the sectional vice president who is appointed by the KAPOS board.

PIKEVILLE was upset by prestonsburg lose and i dont want to see anyone else on here blaming them.
And another thing.

we win every year because we have excelent coaches who have alot of years experience who motivate us to be better every year. Mrs. wheelers junior high competes on the High school level by choice! and she wins. She could compete in lowel level junior high competitions but she doesnt because she wants her girls to strive for more.
Pikevilles varsity gets these girls. girls that are already motivated to win. Mrs. stone pushes these girls to be even better. The first or second year that mrs. stone was the coach, she won KAPOS state. She stives for excellence every year and doesnt accept anything less.

And that my friends, is how pikeville wins every year.
&quot;PvilleCheerAlum&quot; Wrote:And another thing.

we win every year because we have excelent coaches who have alot of years experience who motivate us to be better every year. Mrs. wheelers junior high competes on the High school level by choice! and she wins. She could compete in lowel level junior high competitions but she doesnt because she wants her girls to strive for more.
Pikevilles varsity gets these girls. girls that are already motivated to win. Mrs. stone pushes these girls to be even better. The first or second year that mrs. stone was the coach, she won KAPOS state. She stives for excellence every year and doesnt accept anything less.

And that my friends, is how pikeville wins every year.

right on :rock:
I personally know some of the girls on Pikevilles squad and I talked to them at Kapos. If Prestonsburg went small there is no way they would have even had a chance against Pikeville, and that is something when it comes from someone from Pburg. Pikeville is awesome, as they always will be- Plain and simple!

But I do however, do not think it was right that Pburg was beat by Johnson Central.. they had stunts and tumbling all fall. Which would look better at state, a routine jam-packed that is not going to hit, and fall, or a clean routine that has everything hit?
I totally agree Pikeville is really good and if they don't meat the coaches expectations then they don’t get to cheer! IMO I think that this makes the girls of pikeville want to be better and do better! From what that I heard people say if you are suppose to do something in the routine and you don’t do it then you get sit out this makes the girls work for their spot on the squad! This also makes the junior high girls work harder so that they can be on Varsity!!!
Thank you. Everyone is upset that prestonsburg feels like they got cheated. Maybe they did. I dont know if they did personally. I just hate that people who didnt win are blaming Pikeville for their loss. The only people who even have a reason to hate pikeville for their loss is Shelby valley and that is because they were in our division.
Pages: 1 2 3