Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bellevue 41 - Lloyd Memorial 28
Final
Ricky Buckler has been putting up huge numbers in the mud the last three weeks, including a 300-yard rushing effort against Dayton two weeks ago.

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll...310300172/

So when the rain started in the third quarter and, on cue, the Tigers recovered a live ball on their own punt, things were finally going their way after a back-and-forth first half.

For his part, Buckler scored four touchdowns and ran for a school-record 362 yards on 49 carries in the 41-28 win over visiting Lloyd. Buckler’s third touchdown gave him the most career points in school history at 436, a point ahead of 1982 graduate Mike Sutkamp. His game-rushing mark topped Jon Sutkamp’s 322 yards in 1979 against Raceland.

Buckler chose to credit others for the personal achievements.

“I’m a team guy. I’ve had three years behind three great offensive lines,” he said.
Buckler’s record-setting score, a one-yard run, put Bellevue ahead in the third, and Mike Rankin’s 10-yard touchdown catch on a 4th-and-goal extended the lead to two touchdowns.

Things were more tenuous for the home crowd in the first half. Fans in Gilligan Stadium held their breath when Buckler left the game with 11:11 to go in the second quarter.

Buckler was hit on a carry by several defenders and fell awkwardly to the ground, lying still for a minute. On the next play, when Bellevue quarterback Richard Wills floated a long pass down the right sideline that Dexter Smith picked off, it seemed a Buckler-less Bellevue could be in trouble.

But Buckler returned for the next possession and led the Tigers down to just outside the Lloyd goal line, where he was stuffed on a handoff on a 4th-and-one.

“The corner hit me in the ribs,” Buckler said of the play where he was hurt. “I think it was a little bit of the wind knocked out of me, but it was Senior Night. I wasn’t missing it. I looked my offensive linemen in the face and said, ‘I’m here.’”

D.J. Slater’s 58-yard kickoff return to start the game set up the first Bellevue score. All nine plays in the 30-yard drive were runs – eight of them to Buckler, including a 1-yard touchdown dive
Bellevue 41, Lloyd 28
Lloyd 7 7 7 7 -- 28
Bellevue 7 7 14 13 -- 41
B Buckler 1 run (Dill kick)
L Danks 2 pass from McGuire (McGuire kick)
L McGuire 7 run (McGuire kick)
B Hegge 21 pass from Wills (Dill kick)
L Gregory 24 pass from McGuire (McGuire kick)
B Buckler 74 run (Dill kick)
B Buckler 1 run (Dill kick)
B Rankin 10 pass from Wills (Dill kick)
L McGuire 5 run (McGuire kick)
B Buckler 59 run (kick failed)
Records: L 4-6, B 7-3

NKY.com
Buckler is a STUD and should be considered as a Mr. Football candidate. I dont care if he is playing for a Class A school, his numbers and overall play are worthy.