Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allen Central 12 Prestonsburg 6
Final. Allen Central are the 58th District champs for the 5th year straight!:1:
Congrats AC.
Allen Central made some lineup changes and seem to really pay off. It was as Followed:
P-Logan Crowder
C-Chad Nelson
1B-Josh Prater
2B- Zack Hall
3B-Austin Prater
SS-Hunter Crowder
LF-Josh Stone
CF-Justin Jackson
RF-Chris Stumbo
Congrats AC
Bobcatfaithful Wrote:Allen Central made some lineup changes and seem to really pay off. It was as Followed:
P-Logan Crowder
C-Chad Nelson
1B-Josh Prater
2B- Zack Hall
3B-Austin Prater
SS-Hunter Crowder
LF-Josh Stone
CF-Justin Jackson
RF-Chris Stumbo

what is the usual line-up?
Normally wouldve been:
P-Logan Crowder
C-Hunter Crowder
1B-Josh Prater
2B-Zack Hall
3B-Chad Nelson
SS-Chris Stumbo
LF-Austin Prater
CF-Justin Jackson
RF-Josh Stone
Congrats Allen Central!
congrats AC. i couldnt make it to the game, but i thought that the rebels couldnt touch schoolcraft!
AC played a great game! Congrats to all the players. New line-up was great.
Congrats Allen Central on 5 straight district championships. The Rebels hit the ball hard tonight and it paid off. I'd say the change in the line up helped as well. Nelson has done a nice job behind the plate the last few games. Stay focused Rebels and get ready for Regional Tourney on Monday.
sounds like the new lineup worked great for the rebels. . in my opinion it should have been done awhile ago.. congrats again to AC!
WOW, AC sounds like you did great!!!
.38special Wrote:sounds like the new lineup worked great for the rebels. . in my opinion it should have been done awhile ago.. congrats again to AC!

What chenges do u think should have been done awhile ago?
Hat's off to the VERY DESERVING REBELS. That was an awsome game they have had several this year:Cheerlead
First off, congrats Allen Central. Didn't attend this game, but did catch the start of the 6th inning when Prestonsburg was up 6-5 on the radio (EKB did a great job covering the game BTW), and Prestonsburg had AC down to 2 outs and AC simply made enough plays to not only win the game, but blow it out.

Tough loss for the Blackcats. Hopefully they can keep their heads up and play hard in region.
Congrats also to Tourney MVP Logan Crowder.
Rebel Chick Wrote:What chenges do u think should have been done awhile ago?

the changes in position. mainly gettin hunter crowder on shortstop and chad nelson or somebody behind the plate. errors at short have killed this team several times.. and not just with chris out there. Stumbo shows signs of being really good.. but then he shows signs of not having a clue. . great player but just needs to be moved.
.38special Wrote:the changes in position. mainly gettin hunter crowder on shortstop and chad nelson or somebody behind the plate. errors at short have killed this team several times.. and not just with chris out there. Stumbo shows signs of being really good.. but then he shows signs of not having a clue. . great player but just needs to be moved.

I heard that they took L. Crowder off the mound and put Nelson back on sometime in the game and Stumbo went back to Short and missed first ball that came at him.
Congrats AC, hit the ball good and took advantage of the MANY fielding errors.
P'burg Coach is clueless, if he doesn't make some infield changes next week P'burg will be done early! And that would be a shame for the seniors because they seem to be the few on the team who has remembered the fundamentals of baseball.
Cat Paws Wrote:Congrats AC, hit the ball good and took advantage of the MANY fielding errors.
P'burg Coach is clueless, if he doesn't make some infield changes next week P'burg will be done early! And that would be a shame for the seniors because they seem to be the few on the team who has remembered the fundamentals of baseball.

You have no idea what you're talking about.
blackcat Wrote:You have no idea what you're talking about.

Please elaborate..what do you think was the downfall last night and what could be changed for the Regional Tourney? Don't get my statement wrong, every player out there last night are good ball players but are not in positions that give them the ability to play to their best potential. That is my opinion and that is what this site is for, opinions. Many prior posts state the success in AC changing their lineup, do you feel 100% confident that P'burg had the correct lineup last night?
Cat Paws Wrote:Please elaborate..what do you think was the downfall last night and what could be changed for the Regional Tourney? Don't get my statement wrong, every player out there last night are good ball players but are not in positions that give them the ability to play to their best potential. That is my opinion and that is what this site is for, opinions. Many prior posts state the success in AC changing their lineup, do you feel 100% confident that P'burg had the correct lineup last night?

Prestonsburg made some changes in their lineup midway through the season, when they weren't playing very well, and since those changes were made, they've been playing a lot better. The team that was fielded last night gives them their best opportunity to win ball games. It doesn't have anything to do with fundamentals, it's all in their head, and it's not just the infielders, the entire team has been playing all season like that. They make errors on routine plays that they would make 10 out of 10 times in practice. If they could somehow overcome this, then I believe they could be a very dangerous team.
blackcat Wrote:Prestonsburg made some changes in their lineup midway through the season, when they weren't playing very well, and since those changes were made, they've been playing a lot better. The team that was fielded last night gives them their best opportunity to win ball games. It doesn't have anything to do with fundamentals, it's all in their head, and it's not just the infielders, the entire team has been playing all season like that. They make errors on routine plays that they would make 10 out of 10 times in practice. If they could somehow overcome this, then I believe they could be a very dangerous team.

You are right, they can be a dangerous team with "can" being the operable word. I guess you and I will have to agree to disagree on the lineup, but in the end my opinion doesn't matter because I don't get to make the official lineup, just my imaginary one. It is my understanding that they took several hours of batting practice the practices before this game but not fielding, the hitting is about as solid as it is going to get at this point so I only hope they get down and dirty in the field in the next few practices to prepare for next week.
blackcat Wrote:Prestonsburg made some changes in their lineup midway through the season, when they weren't playing very well, and since those changes were made, they've been playing a lot better. The team that was fielded last night gives them their best opportunity to win ball games. It doesn't have anything to do with fundamentals, it's all in their head, and it's not just the infielders, the entire team has been playing all season like that. They make errors on routine plays that they would make 10 out of 10 times in practice. If they could somehow overcome this, then I believe they could be a very dangerous team.

Sorry one other comment, it is about fundamentals if you don't get your glove on the ground and your body in front of the ball and also not using both hands in catching the ball.
Congratulations to the Rebels. They have shown nothing but dominance of the 58th District over the last few years when it's tourney time.

Good luck to the Blackcats in the Regionals!
Cat Paws Wrote:You are right, they can be a dangerous team with "can" being the operable word. I guess you and I will have to agree to disagree on the lineup, but in the end my opinion doesn't matter because I don't get to make the official lineup, just my imaginary one. It is my understanding that they took several hours of batting practice the practices before this game but not fielding, the hitting is about as solid as it is going to get at this point so I only hope they get down and dirty in the field in the next few practices to prepare for next week.
:HitWall:
Make you're mind up. Do they need to make line-up changes or take more infield instead of batting practice? Does changing these boys fielding positions Really change the way that they make throws. Sure they made a couple of fielding errors but, what gave up (2) Runs in the 1st inning were Throwing errors. If you recall, the score was 6-5 P-Burg Bott. of 6th with 2 outs when a ball hit to 2nd base hit the lip of the infield grass & bounced over the second baseman's head! Would they have held on to win, who knows? Do I agree with the utilization of practice time, Probably not. To say that the Seniors are the only ones with fundamentals is RIDICULOUS! This entire team is Unprepared, Nothing more or less &, the last thing you want to do is turn the line-up inside out just before regionals.
Congrats AC
This was a great game through 5 1/2 innings. Both team made some great plays, especially both center fielders. They really covered some ground and made some great catches. Both teams also made a few fielding and throwing errors but Pburg seem to make a couple of bad throws in bottom of the 6th with the game on the line. I also thought both pitchers pithched good games. Personally I though Pburg should have started the 6th inning out with a new pitcher as it looked like their starter was getting a little tired in the 4th and 5th. However even with their starter the team should have had him out of the inning but had some untimely errors the prolonged the inning. AC did make the change in the top of the 7th to give Pburg a different look and he shut the Cats down. Congrats to AC on another District Title and good luck to both in the 15th make the 58th proud.