Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hurricane Relief and FEMA
I heard a reporter on one of the news channel's talking about FEMA paying people to rebuild their homes after a hurricane. He said he bought a home on the beach and it was destroyed by a storm and he recieved about $200,000 dollars to rebuild. It was then destroyed by another storm he again recieved about $200,000 to rebuild. My question is should we continue paying this money for people to rebuid again and again or should there be a limit.
He did say the maximum FEMA would pay is $215,000 dollars per storm or disaster!
You would think that people would learn after the first time or at least after two times NOT to build their **** houses where it will get destroyed every single time. You can always buy back a house, but you can't buy back memories within one and the priceless memontos lost in a home. After a while you just are moving into houses, not homes for you and your children, big difference.
thetribe Wrote:You would think that people would learn after the first time or at least after two times NOT to build their **** houses where it will get destroyed every single time. You can always buy back a house, but you can't buy back memories within one and the priceless memontos lost in a home. After a while you just are moving into houses, not homes for you and your children, big difference.

Exactly what I was going to say!
i think the goverment should give them another place to live at as a one time deal instead of letting taxpayers foot the bill for some people who live in storm prone areas to get a new house every couple of years. i wish the goverment would give me 200k for a house now....