Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 11 Shelby Valley 4
Final from Valley. Lyons Pitched for the Tigers.
Good to see some fight from the Valley. Any details on this game?
Cody Varney started and pitched 6 for Valley. He pitched 5 strong innings (5 to 3 after 5), but there were a couple of errors and a couple hit batters that let 6 score in the 6th (I believe it was 6). SV jumped out on top in the first, but every time they got a run they'd give one up. It stayed close for 5, but opened up in the sixth. Brock Kinney had an RBI triple to right-center, followed by an RBI double by Jacob Bryant. Jacob Robinson scored 2 of the Cats 4 runs. It was a really good game to watch, at least for 5 innings.
mic_man Wrote:Cody Varney started and pitched 6 for Valley. He pitched 5 strong innings (5 to 3 after 5), but there were a couple of errors and a couple hit batters that let 6 score in the 6th (I believe it was 6). SV jumped out on top in the first, but every time they got a run they'd give one up. It stayed close for 5, but opened up in the sixth. Brock Kinney had an RBI triple to right-center, followed by an RBI double by Jacob Bryant. Jacob Robinson scored 2 of the Cats 4 runs. It was a really good game to watch, at least for 5 innings.

That sounds like a really good showing for Valley, especially after the beating they took from Pike Central the other night. Nice rebound. Did Paintsville play that bad?
2 bad we cant see this in basketball.
RavenBoy Wrote:2 bad we cant see this in basketball.

We did.
OffTheHook Wrote:We did.
I meant again.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:That sounds like a really good showing for Valley, especially after the beating they took from Pike Central the other night. Nice rebound. Did Paintsville play that bad?
Wasn't ba, but wasn't that good either. Yes they led 1-0, but trailed 5-1 after 4, cut the lead to 5-3 but was never close, never in doubt. Valley did hit the ball hard a couple of times, but I think only 2 balls were hit left of second base, and neither made it out of the infield. Valley didn't get mercied, but the game really wasn't that close.
The Guru Wrote:Wasn't ba, but wasn't that good either. Yes they led 1-0, but trailed 5-1 after 4, cut the lead to 5-3 but was never close, never in doubt. Valley did hit the ball hard a couple of times, but I think only 2 balls were hit left of second base, and neither made it out of the infield. Valley didn't get mercied, but the game really wasn't that close.

I have seen enough games of that nature to know what you are talking about. Everybody has those games. After a long stretch of close hectic games sometimes you have a let down, but good teams find ways too win regardless of the circumstance.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I have seen enough games of that nature to know what you are talking about. Everybody has those games. After a long stretch of close hectic games sometimes you have a let down, but good teams find ways too win regardless of the circumstance.
Paintsville is really tired right now.....in all honesty, the weekend in Lex took a lot out of them and they are not used to that type of enviroment....I think that it has helped them though.
The Guru Wrote:Paintsville is really tired right now.....in all honesty, the weekend in Lex took a lot out of them and they are not used to that type of enviroment....I think that it has helped them though.

There is no doubt what that win over Lexington Christain has done for their confidence. They should be a tough team to meet up with come tournament time.
Congrats Paintsville