Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who has the best chance to win State?
As of right now I gotta go with Bryan Station which is 26-2.
Anyone wh o makes it has a chance. But im going to go with Lex. Cath. They are a good team and i think they will pull it together and win the region leaving some great teams out the house.
i think UHA, Lex Cath, Scott County, and Bryan station have the best chances.
What about Mason Co? Don't they have Darius Miller?
Eastern has a good chance if they can make it past Ballard.
Bryan Station is my favorite, But they have a tough road to Rupp
vundy33 Wrote:What about Mason Co? Don't they have Darius Miller?
Hey Mason County Vs Bryan Station in the State Championship game would be just great.
Hey! What about Paintsville? If they can get past the first round, they're able to go far.
Bryan Station, Lexington Catholic, and Scott County all have great teams and could possibly win state. However, they are all in the same region, so only one can make it. Bryan Station split 2 games with Scott County (85-70 & 65-86). Lexington Catholic beat Scott County (70-66). So against each other, Scott County is 1-1, LexCath is 1-0, and Scott County is 1-2. Bryan Station and Scott County will more than likely meet in the 42nd District Finals, and anything can happen.

Mason County should have no problem with their District/Region. They are undefeated (9-0) against region teams, and play Augusta in the district finals, whom they haven't played yet. Darius Miller is one of the most explosive players in the state, and can put that team on his back.

University Heights, with Scotty Hopson and Ty Edmondson, can beat anyone on any given night. Hopson is a GREAT athlete, and Edmondson is an excellent floor general. They play tough, physical defense and will give opposing teams fits on both ends of the floor. However, John Hood and the Madisonville-North Hopkins team may present some issues in the regional tournament. UHA beat M'Ville-NH 70-66, back on January 11, but both have only 2 losses in region play; University Heights (Hopkinsville: 71-77, Hopkions County Central: 65-74), Madisonville-North Hopkins (Henderson County: 66-69, University Heights: 66-70).

Those are the teams I would consider "favorites." But there are so many other schools who could make a run and take home the title. Paintsville (25-3), Eastern (24-5), DeSales (22-5), Franklin-Simpson (23-6), Male (22-5), Elliot County (22-3), Barren County (24-6), Jeffersontown (22-4), Covington Holmes (26-2), Shelby Valley (22-4), Waggener (22-6), Boone County (21-7), DuPont Manual (22-8), Pleasure Ridge Park (23-4), and the list could go on and on. This is why we play the game, because anyone on any night could knock off "Goliath." This should be one exciting tournament to see! I can't wait!
I say Station wins it this year
I still think Mason will win it.
Bryan Station. I would love to see UHA and McCoy make it to the state and the final.
M12 Wrote:Hey! What about Paintsville? If they can get past the first round, they're able to go far.
They better focus on the Region first, considering how this team has performed in years past.
Mason Co. over Scott Co. Scott's record isn't great, but they have gotten better as the season has moved along, beating Bryan Station, Mason Co. and others, also Billy Hicks is just that good. Mason Co. has Darius Miller, and a cast of sharpshooters that will lead them to the title IMO.
BlueStripes Wrote:i think UHA, Lex Cath, Scott County, and Bryan station have the best chances.

No way... The Blazers probably won't even make it out of there region let alone be considered a team to win state.

Scott County takes it again this year. They've played one of the toughest schedules in the country and its all beginning to pay off now, plus they are probably the biggest team in the state.
I think it will be between University Heights and Mason County
Station or Mason
So I take it you all havent heard of Knox Central right??? Im for KC!!!
M12 Wrote:Hey! What about Paintsville? If they can get past the first round, they're able to go far.

Uhh NO! Rolleyes
Paintsville has to make it there first. And no team in the 15th region has a chance for a state championship this year.
JBS and the Stepps
I think Lex Cath can win it this year! If not them, Mason. Darius Miller will fight for that 'ship!
Dawggie Wrote:JBS and the Stepps

JBS??? Aren't They Struggling Right Now??? Not The Best Time 2 Start Having Problems...Think JBS Is A Lil Weak 2 Win A KY State Championship, Unless They Really Step It Up.
millertime_kc Wrote:JBS??? Aren't They Struggling Right Now??? Not The Best Time 2 Start Having Problems...Think JBS Is A Lil Weak 2 Win A KY State Championship, Unless They Really Step It Up.
Wow...didn't even make it to region.
Battle of the Mr. Basketball candidates, Bryan Station with Shelvin Mack versus Mason County with superstar Darius Miller. I hope this is how things pan out at least.
BlackcatFootball Wrote:Battle of the Mr. Basketball candidates, Bryan Station with Shelvin Mack versus Mason County with superstar Darius Miller. I hope this is how things pan out at least.

hazard will make it out of the 14th region and will make noise in the state
I think the favored will be Scott Co. or Mason Co. Both teams are having great seasons. Mason Co. fate will directly depend on Miller's play. However watch out for whoever wins out of the 4th Region. I know Warren Central got beat out in the first round of the district tournament this year but the 4th Region always produces some great basketball teams.
Mason Co. will live and die by Darius Miller. Scott Co. has a good chance to steal it away.And as for the paintsville post............ wow........
Cards_12 Wrote:Mason Co. will live and die by Darius Miller. Scott Co. has a good chance to steal it away.And as for the paintsville post............ wow........
Miller is good, no question about that, but they will not live and die by him. Trevor Setty and Russ Middleton are excellent shooters and can hit from nearly anywhere on the court. Middleton is a great point guard and leads the team very well. I'm not arguing with you because I know Miller is a great candidate for Mr. Basketball, but when Mason County played at the Expo Center, he barely had 10 points, and they still won. Middleton and Setty are great complimentary players who are very capable of stepping up and putting up some nice numbers.
Whoever makes it out of the 11th region.