Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Round Blowouts
Of the 95 First round games in all six classes..... there was one 1st round bye in 1A (Pikeville).

There were 23 shut-outs.
6A - 4
5A - 3
4A - 3
3A - 5
2A - 2
1A - 6

There were 38 games that ended with a 36+ point spread.
6A - 5
5A - 5
4A - 5
3A - 8
2A - 6
1A - 9

Biggest blowouts in each class.
1A: 77-0; Raceland vs. Betsy Layne.
2A: 63-0; Beechwood vs. Holy Cross (Covington).
6A: 63-0; Trinity vs. Marshall County.
5A: 50-0; Fredrick Douglass vs. Great Crossing.
3A: 49-0; Elizabethtown vs. Thomas Nelson.
4A: 44-0; Central vs. Shelby County.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Of the 95 First round games in all six classes..... there was one 1st round bye in 1A (Pikeville).

There were 23 shut-outs.
6A - 4
5A - 3
4A - 3
3A - 5
2A - 2
1A - 6

6A - 5
5A - 5
4A - 5
3A - 8
2A - 6
1A - 9

They need to go back to the top 2 in each district. I honestly was a fan of cross bracketing, it didn’t eliminate the blowouts, but you’ve got me wondering if there were fewer last year. Even if there wasn’t, it’s much more enjoyable to blow a team out you’ve never played, than the same one again. Plus we got to hear from FatPat when corbin played KCC haha.

I’d be fine with the top two though. Or heck even 3 with a bye. Break it up as East and west. Seed it from top to bottom and let it roll..... might make for a little more traveling, but over all you’d have less because of fewer teams.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Of the 95 First round games in all six classes..... there was one 1st round bye in 1A (Pikeville).

There were 23 shut-outs.
6A - 4
5A - 3
4A - 3
3A - 5
2A - 2
1A - 6

6A - 5
5A - 5
4A - 5
3A - 8
2A - 6
1A - 9

Hound05 Wrote:They need to go back to the top 2 in each district. I honestly was a fan of cross bracketing, it didn’t eliminate the blowouts, but you’ve got me wondering if there were fewer last year. Even if there wasn’t, it’s much more enjoyable to blow a team out you’ve never played, than the same one again. Plus we got to hear from FatPat when corbin played KCC haha.

I’d be fine with the top two though. Or heck even 3 with a bye. Break it up as East and west. Seed it from top to bottom and let it roll..... might make for a little more traveling, but over all you’d have less because of fewer teams.

Talk about traveling.... Marshall County having to travel to Louisville to play Trinity in a 63-0 blowout is a waste for everybody involved.
Hound05 Wrote:They need to go back to the top 2 in each district. I honestly was a fan of cross bracketing, it didn’t eliminate the blowouts, but you’ve got me wondering if there were fewer last year. Even if there wasn’t, it’s much more enjoyable to blow a team out you’ve never played, than the same one again. Plus we got to hear from FatPat when corbin played KCC haha.

I like the way you think Hound, and agree with everything you just said! I've been saying this same thing for awhile now. I said top 2 in each district but I like your recommendation better. Top 3 with the #1 getting a bye week and break it up, East and West. But it'll never happen. Makes to much sense.
I bet Southwestern in 5A, the 4th seed. Lynn Camp 1A the 3rd seed are both happy the top 2 seeds are only taken. We’re there any other 3-4 seeds that won?
Bunch of crying babies. The 4 team system is by far the best. Any coincidence that the level of talent in this state has increased dramatically with the expansion of 4 team playoffs, 6 class system, & spring practice? More football is always better! There were close games last week also but no body ever wants to mention those. Even some upsets. Now go put a fresh diaper on & put that pacifier in cause we got 4 more weeks of football!

There were 23 shut-outs.
6A - 4
5A - 3
4A - 3
3A - 5
2A - 2
1A - 6

6A - 5
5A - 5
4A - 5
3A - 8
2A - 6
1A - 9

Boyle won their game by 50. 64-14 over Anderson.
zebra'seyes Wrote:Bunch of crying babies. The 4 team system is by far the best. Any coincidence that the level of talent in this state has increased dramatically with the expansion of 4 team playoffs, 6 class system, & spring practice? More football is always better! There were close games last week also but no body ever wants to mention those. Even some upsets. Now go put a fresh diaper on & put that pacifier in cause we got 4 more weeks of football!
Please explain how there is a correlation between a 4 team playoff and an increase in talent. How how do you determine the level of talent? I’m not being sarcastic, I genuinely would like to hear this?
Marshall was a 5th place team.....lol.
I did find 10 3 seeds that won and 1 4 seed.
95 first round games. What a total joke. I remember when there were about 48. And most games were competitive.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Talk about traveling.... Marshall County having to travel to Louisville to play Trinity in a 63-0 blowout is a waste for everybody involved.

Had Marshall won, reaction would be markedly different.There were several exciting 1st round games, more than I thought there would be.

The perennial losers in football are pretty consistent from year to year. I'm sorry for the travel, but its part of the game. Marshall Co. is one of the largest and most prosperous school systems in Western Ky. They have shown they can win, even be dominant, in some sports, basketball, baseball, softball and golf, and when they decide to make a similar committment to football, they can win in that sport also. Until they decide to do that, football will always be over in time for basketball.
The problem is not with Kentucky's playoffs allowing too many teams. The problem is that overall there is a great disparity in the quality of coaching in the state.

Look at the quality of Indiana's high school football. Granted, it is a larger state than Kentucky, but its classes are not dominated by 2 or 3 teams, as most Kentucky classes are. Every team participates in Indiana's playoffs, so there is nothing to suggest that allowing fewer playoff teams in Kentucky's system would yield more strong football teams.

As zebra'seyes said, more practices and more games for more teams is a good thing.

Kentucky needs some program in place to upgrade the quality of its high school football coaching staffs. There are common characteristics among strong football programs that have nothing to do with available athletic ability. Football players are made, not born. Great football players were born with athletic advantages but strong football programs do not require a large number of great athletes to compete.
64black&gold Wrote:Boyle won their game by 50. 64-14 over Anderson.

I was only using shut-outs.
footballfever Wrote:I did find 10 3 seeds that won and 1 4 seed.

I thought someone has listed them but I can't find it. Can you list them?
Iam4thecats Wrote:I thought someone has listed them but I can't find it. Can you list them?

3 vs 2 1A Lynn camp over Pineville
2A Monroe beat Caldwell, Clinton beat Monroe, Owen beat Carroll, Newport beat Lloyd memorial.
3A union beat Trigg, Christian academy Lviile beat Mercer.
4A mad n Hopkins beat Logan, John Hardin beat Spencer
6A Dixie beat ryle

5A 4 beat 1 swestern beat Pulaski.
footballfever Wrote:i bet southwestern in 5a, the 4th seed. Lynn camp 1a the 3rd seed are both happy the top 2 seeds are only taken. We’re there any other 3-4 seeds that won?

cal
footballfever Wrote:3 vs 2 1A Lynn camp over Pineville
2A Monroe beat Caldwell, Clinton beat Monroe, Owen beat Carroll, Newport beat Lloyd memorial.
3A union beat Trigg, Christian academy Lviile beat Mercer.
4A mad n Hopkins beat Logan, John Hardin beat Spencer
6A Dixie beat ryle

5A 4 beat 1 swestern beat Pulaski.

That would be Murray High School beating Caldwell Co. in 2A.
More than this analysis will show. I know Williamsburg had a running clock then subbed down.