Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
In the new version, why don't they use midgets for Umpa Lumpas (don't know if they're technically called midgets)?

It ruins a big part of the movie.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
I dont know lol but I know your not suppost to call them midgets.
warriorpride Wrote:I dont know lol but I know your not suppost to call them midgets.

I wasn't aware of that.............. short people......... does that work??
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
It was one little person actor playing all the roles. It was an odd choice but I liked the movie anyway.
BFritz Wrote:I wasn't aware of that.............. short people......... does that work??

Big Grin I guess lol what ever flots your boat.
:thumpsup: LOL....more late night Fritz. You cant buy that kind of entertainment. I read this thread starter and cracked up...and technically there to be called "little people"...
I think they decided to only use one little person because.....well, it's cheaper, and it also guarantees that they all look the same.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:I think they decided to only use one little person because.....well, it's cheaper, and it also guarantees that they all look the same.

But they're not supposed to all look the same, they're an entire population: entire cultures don't look exactly the same down.

Might have been cheaper, but it definitely lost a lot of the appeal. It was so much cuter and better when it was actual little people and not some computer generated image.

GB1 Wrote:It was one little person actor playing all the roles. It was an odd choice but I liked the movie anyway.

The movie was decent, but the little dude playing all the roles was no fun, and he was made small by a computer.
I think they were trying to keep it as close to the original book as possible. I don't know if that's what the oompa loompas were supposed to look like in the book or not...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
They should've used little people. Beetlejuice would've been a great oompa loompa.