Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 61 Holy Trinity 7
Johnson Central defeats Holy Trinity, Ontario Canada 61-7. 3JCHS players over 100 yes.
Blowout eh?

Confusednicker:
Wasn't even close.
Holy Trinity dressed 27 players.
Im not sure i understand why Canada would even want to come.
Wasnt there an Australia team that JC played as well? Or am i thinking of Bball?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Im not sure i understand why Canada would even want to come.Wasnt there an Australia team that JC played as well? Or am i thinking of Bball?

Probably for the same reason Kentucky High schools flock to Florida to play baseball during spring break, and then usually get drilled by the Florida schools.
^
Never understood that one either.

Complete waste of money.
Why do American teams go play HHS, or Trinity, or BG? To see how it's done. Go Eagles.
Eagles should cruise along pretty easy till the Harlan county game. Then we will be able to tell just how good they are. This team has more speed than any team JC has ever had.
The best part is they are still learning just how good they can become.
Stats?
Long ride back up North. Of course any ride North sucks...lol. :yawn:
From what I have seen this jc team could be special
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Holy Trinity dressed 27 players.

:redboxer:Ouch!
JC should be better hosts to their northern neighbors.
Congrats JC, 4 kids with around 100 yards rushing. Got to keep getting better.
hop24 Wrote::redboxer:Ouch!

To better clarify what Pulp had said, the team only brought down their juniors and seniors. I spoke to a fan that made the trip down from Canada and they were very impressed with the atmosphere, facilities, and gracious for the hospitality at JC.
I said it before and I will say it again, when this team and Harlan County clash it will be the mountain game of the year. :Thumbs:
Emmit Brown Wrote:To better clarify what Pulp had said, the team only brought down their juniors and seniors. I spoke to a fan that made the trip down from Canada and they were very impressed with the atmosphere, facilities, and gracious for the hospitality at JC.

They might have had 150 kids on their roster, but only 27 players were suited up.

Trinity's coaches in the press box were as nice as I've ever met.
Great game Eagles. Hats off to the JC lineman y'all done a good job on both sides of the ball
Congrats on your very impressive win, Johnson Central!!
What is the name of the team we r playing sat ?
maximus73 Wrote:Great game Eagles. Hats off to the JC lineman y'all done a good job on both sides of the ball

They played "Like A Boss"
eagles2011 Wrote:What is the name of the team we r playing sat ?

Spike said they are from Indianapolis.

Saturday, Sept. 7th at 2 PM
The Noblesville Lions, according to MaxPreps. If you do some research on them...they appear to be actually a collection of homeschooled kids playing as a sanctioned football team. They play a schedule of mostly Christian schools and other homeschool academies, looks like. Interesting find. They were 8-0 last year, but the only schools I could find they played I recognized were Evangel Christian and Cincinnati Landmark Christian. But 10 games is better than 9. Would still rather be smacking SC's tails Friday night, but them getting butthurt and canceling is the reason for THIS game, since apparently nobody else would pick us up on that open date.
Noblesville is a wealthy northern suburb on the north side of Indy - near Carmel. Noblesville High School has a very solid football tradition, but the Noblesville Lions will find themselves badly over matched next week.

The Lions lost one game last season and it was to Roncalli's JV team. Roncalli's JV team is on the Lions' schedule again this season. The Lions would not be playing JV teams, even a good one like Roncalli, if they belonged on the same field as JC.

I am glad to see the Noblesville home schooled kids getting a chance to play competitive football but they should be sticking to a 1A schedule. I hope that nobody gets injured next week.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Noblesville is a wealthy northern suburb on the north side of Indy - near Carmel. Noblesville High School has a very solid football tradition, but the Noblesville Lions will find themselves badly over matched next week.

The Lions lost one game last season and it was to Roncalli's JV team. Roncalli's JV team is on the Lions' schedule again this season. The Lions would not be playing JV teams, even a good one like Roncalli, if they belonged on the same field as JC.

I am glad to see the Noblesville home schooled kids getting a chance to play competitive football but they should be sticking to a 1A schedule. I hope that nobody gets injured next week.

I don't know anything about Noblesville, but I have been to Carmel....They have fabulous facilities.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Noblesville is a wealthy northern suburb on the north side of Indy - near Carmel. Noblesville High School has a very solid football tradition, but the Noblesville Lions will find themselves badly over matched next week.

I credit them with at least having the guts to step up and play us when Sheldon Clark canceled on us so late and the other teams in the state with open dates weren't interested.
Bob Seger Wrote:I don't know anything about Noblesville, but I have been to Carmel....They have fabulous facilities.
All of the high schools in the Indy suburbs have great facilities, Bob, but Carmel's are at the top of the heap from what I understand. Many of the Pacers and Colts make Carmel their home. Noblesville High School is much smaller than Carmel, but it also has a great tradition in sports and academics.

The Noblesville Lions appear to be well financed and able to travel quite a bit. They are playing a private school in Galena, OH, today. Galena was a town with a population of 411 when I was a Galena Elementary student years ago.

I attended a basketball game with my family at Center Grove High School in Greenwood once. The gym was fairly nice and reminded me of Prestonsburg's but I was expecting a little more because of the huge size of the school.

As we walked back to the car after the game, we walked past another gym and I later learned that the game that I watched was in the school's "auxiliary" gym. The main gym was hosting the state wrestling championship the following morning, so they had moved the basketball game to another gym. Apparently, auxiliary gyms are pretty common at Indiana high schools.
Just to be clear for everybody, the Noblesville Lions are NOT Noblesville HS. Totally different thing.
Diogenes Wrote:I credit them with at least having the guts to step up and play us when Sheldon Clark canceled on us so late and the other teams in the state with open dates weren't interested.
I totally agree, Diogenes. I wish that Johnson Central was playing Noblesville High School or Roncalli next weekend - those would be great match-ups, but the Noblesville Lions would be a more suitable match-up for Paintsville.