Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Match-ups Next Week
What game or games do you think will be a good match up.

1A Harlan vs Williamsburg
Pikevile vs Raceland

2A Has a bunch
Desales vs CAL
Owen Co vs Holy Cross (Cov)
LCA vs Leslie
Danville vs Somerset

3A Monroe vs Paducah Til
Sleeper Game Pike Central vs Breathitt

4A Boyle vs Rock
Im going to say Cov Cath vs Ashland Blazer

5A Everyone except Lincoln and Harlan Co

6A Male vs St X
From the standpoint of contracting styles, the Highlands vs. Johnson Central game will be a great match-up.

IF, and it is a big IF, Johnson Central can move the ball on the ground against Highlands as it has done in the past two seasons, the JC - Highlands game will be much closer than most people expect. If the Golden Eagles cannot control the clock with their rushing attack, then the game could become the blowout that certain Highlands blowhards are predicting.
A pretty good game in 3A will be Fort Campbell at undefeated Edmonson County. Edmonson has a very aggressive style of play that gets them a lot of personal fouls. The crowd at their tiny stadium will be SRO and raucous. Fort Campbell should win but anything can happen at Edmonson.The winner squares off against the winner of the Paducah Tilghman - Monroe County game.
Raceland at Pikeville
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Powell @ Bourbon
Hoot Gibson Wrote:From the standpoint of contracting styles, the Highlands vs. Johnson Central game will be a great match-up.

IF, and it is a big IF, Johnson Central can move the ball on the ground against Highlands as it has done in the past two seasons, the JC - Highlands game will be much closer than most people expect. If the Golden Eagles cannot control the clock with their rushing attack, then the game could become the blowout that certain Highlands blowhards are predicting.

Hoot with all due respect this game won't be remotely close.
Leslie and LCA wil be a huge match up, but im probably going with powell and bourbon
NCC41 Wrote:Hoot with all due respect this game won't be remotely close.
Maybe not but nobody thought last season's game would be close either. Nor did anybody think that Johnson Central would be competitive with Highlands two years ago. The Golden Eagles' style of play, when they are able to execute, gives Highlands more problems than teams that try to play Highlands' style against them.

If JC can move the ball consistently and avoid turnovers, the game will be close. If Highlands can stop the JC rushing attack, then it will be a long night. Highlands has the ability to score quickly but they can't do that while opponents are eating up clock with long sustained drives. JC is not as good as last season but I am not convinced that Highlands is either. The Birds' schedule was much weaker this season than it was a year ago.

I think that the other regional semifinal game between Ashland and Covington Catholic also has the potential to be a great game.
I look for Owen Co and Holy Cross game to be a good one to watch. It will be interesting to see if the strength of schedule difference shows or not. 11-0 is a huge accomplishment but it does not prepare you for the playoffs. Good Luck to both teams. I think HC pulls away in the second half.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Maybe not but nobody thought last season's game would be close either. Nor did anybody think that Johnson Central would be competitive with Highlands two years ago. The Golden Eagles' style of play, when they are able to execute, gives Highlands more problems than teams that try to play Highlands' style against them.

If JC can move the ball consistently and avoid turnovers, the game will be close. If Highlands can stop the JC rushing attack, then it will be a long night. Highlands has the ability to score quickly but they can't do that while opponents are eating up clock with long sustained drives. JC is not as good as last season but I am not convinced that Highlands is either. The Birds' schedule was much weaker this season than it was a year ago.

I think that the other regional semifinal game between Ashland and Covington Catholic also has the potential to be a great game.

As a team, they MAY not be better than last year, but are every bit AS good. The BIG difference is as good as their 2X state champ QB was the last two years, he is MUCH better than that this year. He has close to 40 TD's passing with only 1 pick. He reads defenses better than any high school QB I have ever seen.
I guess you are basing this on the amount of times you have seen JC play?

I guess Hoot is calling you a blowhard then. It seems like a lot of people think it is arogant or "blowhards" if in your opinion the game is not going to be an even match-up.
1-A games should be wars! Pikeville and Harlan will emerge!
Rock vs Boyle
bac2369 Wrote:5A Everyone except Lincoln and Harlan Co

but the game will be on 11/11/11, therefore anything can happen Wink
sstack Wrote:I guess Hoot is calling you a blowhard then. It seems like a lot of people think it is arogant or "blowhards" if in your opinion the game is not going to be an even match-up.
Every year that Johnson Central has played Highlands, Highlands' fans have predicted huge blowouts. You know what they say about broken clocks. Maybe this will be the year that the folks who perpetually predict that the Birds will embarrass the Golden Eagles will call one right. It has to happen eventually, just as eventually JC will beat Highlands.
I don't think that the Harlan/Williamsburg game gets the same billing that the Pikeville/Raceland game gets but it has the potential to be be a real good game. Both games are rematches. Pikeville and Raceland are a little more evenly matched,IMO.
toussaints Wrote:but the game will be on 11/11/11, therefore anything can happen Wink

I actually saw that and didnt pay it much attention but Lincoln will need big time luck to beat harlan co @ harlan co.
Rockcastle Co. / Boyle Co. will be a heck of a game!
Madisonville-North Hopkins @ Franklin-Simpson should be a good one in 4A.
Strikeout King Wrote:Powell @ Bourbon

Would have to agree SK. I think it will be a war between these 2.
Grid Iron Warrior Wrote:Would have to agree SK. I think it will be a war between these 2.

nothing against Bourbon County but if Powell County comes out and plays like they did last week against Lewis County, Powell will leave Paris with a Win
toussaints Wrote:but the game will be on 11/11/11, therefore anything can happen Wink

I wouldn't count on it..
Ballers Wrote:I wouldn't count on it..

That only works if there is a full moon.
CAL vs Desales will one great game to watch! Not alot of love lost between these two rivals and CAL won the first match up earlier this season. I know the CAL boys are pretty fired up that Desales is still ranked above them in the polls, even though they beat them already and they beat Bardstown, who also beat Desales. Love that kind of motivation! GO CAL
Boone Co. vs Ryle... one of only 4 games in nky this week... Its gonna be PACKED.
SportsNut1970 Wrote:Rockcastle Co. / Boyle Co. will be a heck of a game!

Maybe.....maybe not.
Iloveyou Wrote:Boone Co. vs Ryle... one of only 4 games in nky this week... Its gonna be PACKED.

who are the other teams? i know of lafayette vs cambell county..
FBfan4life Wrote:who are the other teams? i know of lafayette vs cambell county..

I think the other 2 are New Cath and Beechwood.
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't think the Boyle vs Rock game will be very close. Boyle will come out with something to prove after last week. I expect them to click on all clinders, jump ahead quick and put Rock away, winning in a blowout